TV Series General Discussion

Yep. They aired the last 3 episodes back to back on one night.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will watch the remaining episodes (probably till tomorrow) and come back to you.
Community is one the shows in which I am glad there is no laugh track.A bit like Scrubs.

What did you make of the new episode Ste? First one without the creator Dan Harmon.

Personally thought it was trying too hard with Abed's scenarios. It still had the Community feel to it though.

I'm hopeful for the rest of the season.

Agreed. I Think they tried too hard to say "look it's still community. we aren't dumbing it down. we aren't turning into the big bang theory" and sort of forgot to make it funny.

That said it was still smart, self aware and as you said it was still community.

It was a fairly poor episode by its own really high standards. But it was still good, it'd have to really drop off a lot for me to not still like it. Optimistic for the new series now.

So basically as you put it. Although I'd add it was probably really smart of them to go for the try-hard route, they need to appease the crazy fanboys and it has seemed to have worked.

Decided to go back on my once favorite shows-BBT and HIMYM to see how they are doing.

BBT-It is now beyond saving.The comedy is non-existent.I can swear they are repeating some of the jokes.There is a huge inconsistency in Sheldon's behaviour across seasons as well.Raj is no longer funny and neither of the relationships give any laughs.
For me the show's slide began when they they introduced Bernadatte and Amy.
They are not funny,in fact they are irritating at times.But the worst thing has to be the lack of geeky humour which made the show what it was.Definitely not gonna watch this anymore.

HIMYM-This show never was insanely funny.Ted's quest to find the mother of his children was what kept the show going.But like so many shows,it dragged a bit too much.Season 7 has to be its worst season and I thought that the start to the 8th season was mediocre at best.
But after being up to date with it now,I can say it has improved.The writers were prepared to finish the show this season and that urgency did the show wonders(There will be a 9th season though).They have apparently wrapped up the Robin/Barney angle and the show is moving forward briskly.I would like to see how it unfolds.

Would be watching Community next.

Saw the remaining episodes of Community season 3 and each episode is so different from the other,its unbelievable.Every thing on this show just shouldn't work,and yet it does.

Last 5 episodes are very very strong.The last three finale episodes are miles apart from each other,but are all equally high on the laughs.I really liked the last episode of the trio a bit more,a fine ending to the season.

But,the best episode for me has to be Curriculum Unavailable.Granted the clip style has been done before,but I haven't enjoyed any episode so much since The Contest from Seinfeld.

I really hope that season 4 retains at least the feeling of community,with the exit of Dan Harmon and all.(Ste has commented on the season opener).
Oh,and how the hell is Starburns still alive?

Last edited:
It's starburns man not starbucks:p.

Watching The Following and it is great. Seriously creepy and full of great acting and a solid plot. Highly recommended.

Also finishing up Last Resort, and how on Earth did it get cancelled, it's so good!

An episode away from finishing Homeland Season 2. Stunning stuff so far. Claire Danes one of the best female actors I've ever come across, Jennifer Carpenter a close second.

An episode away from finishing Homeland Season 2. Stunning stuff so far. Claire Danes one of the best female actors I've ever come across, Jennifer Carpenter a close second.

Very true, but then again no there aren't many roles on TV shows where actresses can show their acting talents other than a select few like Downton Abbey or Homeland where they get a starring role. As supporting actresses they won't always exactly stick out.

I think Claire Danes has won all the emmys she has been nominated for. They love her.

Done with it then. Decent season finale, not overly exciting as the penultimate episode. Will go through some of the posts on Homeland in this thread and see what you lot think.

EDIT:

One more thing - Peter Quinn is an outstanding actor. Infact, all of them are - Saul, Carrie, Quinn, Brody, Dana just a standout few. Love it how Quinn changes his mind and does a Dexter in saying he only goes for the bad guys to Estes, and immediately threatens him were something bad to happen to Nicholas.

Also Saul's performance in the finale was special. His face expression when he says "Carrie, you're the smartest and the dumbest f*****g person I've ever seen in my life." is priceless.

Also didn't know Brody was British right until I saw Don's post. Fantastic.

Last edited:
I am one episode away from completing Homeland Season 2 finale as well. Except for the fact that I am watching it on TV :p

Didn't expected Abu Nazir to die so soon though. I am expecting that all focus will now shift to Broady probably revealing his true identity or something.

Anyone watching Arrow? How do you think it is? I have seen just 2 episodes and seems okay.

Except for the fact that I am watching it on TV :p

Was going to do that too, but had a reason... don't read this until you're done watching tonight's episode:

Always had my doubts on Star World that they might pull off some kind of a cheap stunt, because this episode airs for 65 mins, and Star World generally allocates 12-13 mins for adverts as well. So I really wonder how they are going to air this episode within the hour's slot allocated to Homeland?

Last edited:
Done with Homeland. Probably the first time while watching Homeland, my jaws were on floor. Brilliant episode, loved the climax. Best episode of Homeland.

Always had my doubts on Star World that they might pull off some kind of a cheap stunt, because this episode airs for 65 mins, and Star World generally allocates 12-13 mins for adverts as well. So I really wonder how they are going to air this episode within the hour's slot allocated to Homeland?
That not a spoiler I suppose so not putting into it. Actually this episode finished at 12:10 am giving extra ten minutes. They split the finale of Season 1 which was 84 min long into two parts. It was a terrible decision if you ask me. Had a difficult time in finding that second episode on IMDB till I realized that those two episodes were actually season finale.

Users who are viewing this thread