TV Series General Discussion

Has anyone watch Suits? Very nice and entertaining, with sharp dialogue.:yes

When I started watching suits for the first time,I thought it was too similar to white collar.You know,a duo with a unique situation.Cop-fugitive in white collar,lawyer-not a lawyer in suits.
But I have to say it has got better and better each week.I think it has improved a lot in 2nd season and it was actually quite good at the end of 1st season as well.

Sharp dialogues are one thing which you rightly pointed out.I do think it could be so much more better in some areas though.

In my opinion Suits>White Collar(I have seen 2 seasons of white collar).

Suits it's okay.

Not sure if I am looking too deeply at it, but it's essentially superficial nothingness (I saw only 3 episodes or so)

Maybe I am missing a layer of irony, but from people I know IRL (i'm not trying to rubbish your opinions koeloe) there is nobody who I consider intelligent who likes it. My friends who are not intelligent love it, those who are tend to think it's kind of fun.

I've probably sounded like a rude an arrogant tosspot in this post, but i have actually enjoyed the episodes I saw and would recommend watching it, at least trying it. it's just never something i could follow particularly avidly

Anyone watching Arrow? How do you think it is? I have seen just 2 episodes and seems okay.

I saw the pilot and it was godawful.

Suits is another one I'm not a big fan of. It is pretty slick in terms of presentation and acting unlike your run of the mill awful shows like Criminal Minds, The Mentalist or Person of Interest. But it is definitely not in the upper echelons of TV, that's for sure. I saw ten episodes of the first season and other than the pilot it was horrendously boring and routine. The pilot as well I in all likeliness only enjoyed since it's the only legal show I've seen in a while.

I have also heard similar things to ste with regards to Suits. I've also heard it's meant to be overwhelmingly funny which is strange since I don't think I laughed once while watching it.

Last edited:
Suits it's okay.

Not sure if I am looking too deeply at it, but it's essentially superficial nothingness (I saw only 3 episodes or so)

Maybe I am missing a layer of irony, but from people I know IRL (i'm not trying to rubbish your opinions koeloe) there is nobody who I consider intelligent who likes it. My friends who are not intelligent love it, those who are tend to think it's kind of fun.

I've probably sounded like a rude an arrogant tosspot in this post, but i have actually enjoyed the episodes I saw and would recommend watching it, at least trying it. it's just never something i could follow particularly avidly

Suits is indeed average TV.Nothing too special indeed.But as you have seen only 3 episodes(and thedon has seen 10),I could tell you that it gets at least a little better in subsequent episodes of season 1 and continues to be better in season 2.

Again better in comparison to itself.

It is not one of the extraordinary shows as thedon rightly pointed out ,but it is fun sometimes.It is obviously not worth of avid following,but then very little shows fall in this category.

I have seen white collar and I could say that suits at its current state is better.Again white collar is pretty average in itself.But whatever.

As for the intelligent part,maybe you are correct,maybe not.I just have loads of free time(atleast had) to kill and suits wasn't that bad at passing time.

I do get your point though.Suits is not a show to watch if you are looking for something intelligent.It is average from all angles.

I actually like movies and series where you have to concentrate to follow the plot. Inception is one of my favourite movies. I enjoy Suits, because it is relaxing and fun. It is a light series where you don't have to focus a lot, especially if you compare it to series like Dexter and Homeland. Some of my other favourite series is definitely Dexter(love it), Homeland and Fringe. :)

Last edited:
8 out of 10 cats. Quite like the new series. Jimmy Carr is his usual self. John Richardson seems a little quiet though (he is my favorite)

The Following with Kevin Bacon and Natalie Zea (from the other show I'm watching atm, Justified!) is just brilliant and really underrated atm. I'm on the third episode and it is brilliant. Creepy and really gripping.

Has anyone watched Banshee? Loved the Pilot episode. Would continue seeing it

I find Suits entertaining. Its not necessarily funny and yes it is superficial but its a good way to chill out and relax. What I find interesting are the relationships between characters - Donna/Harvey Harvey/Jessica Harvey/Mike are all interesting with their different dimensions. Agreed its similar to White Collar and hence after watching Suits, I didnt feel like watching WC.

There is currently nothing good on TV here in India except for How I Met Your Mother. I am not a fan of White Collar either. Anyone recommend this show so I can give it another try?

I am just waiting for Dexter Season 7 to come on TV next month and then I'll start with The Wire.

White Collar is alright.Pretty average with a little dash of comedy .Frankly there are way better shows than that.
Having said that the chemistry between the two leads is good.It is a good way to pass time.Just don't watch episodes back to back.It becomes boring that way,because there is not much change in the basic premise in each and every episode.

I only really like Psych from USA network.Burn notice comes next.Watch them if you get a chance.Heck,even prefer Suits over White Collar.Seeing that you have already tried White Collar,there is not much that will change from what you have seen already.

There is currently nothing good on TV here in India except for How I Met Your Mother. I am not a fan of White Collar either. Anyone recommend this show so I can give it another try?

Ever tried Comedy Central? It's been on a low note in recent times, but Everybody Loves Raymond is worth watching.

Last edited:
I did checked their schedule a while back. They shutdown Southpark long ago and they are now showing Anger Management which according to many reviews here isn't any decent either.

Dexter is starting from March 14 so that's okay for me because exams will keep me busy till then.

Users who are viewing this thread