West Indies in England 2009

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
BBC SPORT | Cricket | International Teams | West Indies | West Indies confirm England visit

"The tourists will play Tests at Lord's from 6-10 May and Chester-le-Street from May 14-18.

There will also be one-day matches at Headingley (21 May), Bristol (24 May) and Edgbaston (26 May)."

Sri Lanka, who were replacing Zimbabwe, won't becoming to England in 2009 instead West Indies are on their way. Looking forward to this as I like West Indies quite alot.
ECB have annouced that there will be two test matches follwed by 3 ODI at this stage.

Should be a good warm up team for the Ashes as they'll test us and could spring a suprise

this one could turn out to be a good one depending on how we do against England when they come to the Caribbean. I hope we do better than the last time we were in England in Tests that is.

Shame on Sri Lankan Team..........and praise W Indies for their patriotism..

After the tests which have just finished I can't wait for the next series should be some great stuff.

West Indies watch out. The pitches won't be anywhere near as flat (even Lords'll have some life in it compared with these tracks), England's bowling attack is far stronger, especially when we get Flintoff back. If England don't win the home Test series then I'll have an avatar declaring my love for Yuvraj Singh for the entirity of the ODi series. Really looking forward to this series, just hope England perform as well as they have in this last Test.

Strauss *
Cook
Shah
Pietersen
Collingwood
Prior +
Flintoff
Broad
Swann
Anderson
Panesar/Davies

That's the side I'd like to see. I liked the use of 2 spinners in this game!

Dan, big circumstances if England don't win. I can't see them losing in all fairness. It just shows how the Windies are when the ball moves a bit, they're not exactly spectacular. Just need Jimmy and Broad to find that line and length over here which invites shots, they'll pick up wickets.

Should Jones be back by then? I hope he is, would be nice to see if he still has it.

The Sidebottom arguement? I'd take Jones of Sidebottom, but he's done nothing wrong to deserve dropping.

I'd like to see us lose now :p

Wonder whether England will go in with 2 spinners at home? As Monty and Swann were brilliant here, especially Swann. Would be harsh to drop Monty after his performance here.

there will be changes to the WI squad, I'm not sure if they will take Powell with them after Gayle didn't use him at all in Englands 2nd innings.

Will be interesting how we do in England hope the boys can step up and put in the effort they did in this series.

Sidebottom's not going to be fit, nor will Jones. I'd rather Jones get some overs under his belt for Worcestershire, he'll never be fit enough for the First Test. 2 spinners or Mark Davies are the best options in England. He can play a holding role, and he's proven in county cricket he can get wickets. Get him in the side, maybe not away from home on flat pitches, but in England he should definitely be in the team. Much rather see him than Sidebottom.

If England don't win the home Test series then I'll have an avatar declaring my love for Yuvraj Singh for the entirity of the ODi series. !

Reserving this post. Somehow, I feel that this will come true.

Sidebottom's not going to be fit, nor will Jones. I'd rather Jones get some overs under his belt for Worcestershire, he'll never be fit enough for the First Test. 2 spinners or Mark Davies are the best options in England. He can play a holding role, and he's proven in county cricket he can get wickets. Get him in the side, maybe not away from home on flat pitches, but in England he should definitely be in the team. Much rather see him than Sidebottom.

I'm a big fan of teams with two spinners. Especially Swann and Monty, they both would, as shown, do well together as its different from each bowler.

I think with Monty's record in England, and Swann's many years in CC, they'd do well. It'd be like a Sidebottom birth for Swanny.

Not in May though I don't think. Even Lords should offer something for the seamers, and Mark Davies'll be very hard to get away in May especially. I'd say give him a go, could be a revelation, at least he deserves his call-up unlike Amjad, who's a 1 season wonder.

I'm going to the 3rd ODI.

We will win the return series I think. Troubled in New Zealand this time last year but were comfortable at home against them and I believe it will be the same this year. The pitches will be an awful lot better than the Caribbean and we will have the advantage of the choice of different squads for both Tests.

Looking forward to it, the pitches should offer more for the bowlers which should ensure we have no boring games. England to win 1-0.

Users who are viewing this thread