West Indies in India Nov 2011/12

Was it a good move to recall Irfan in the Indian squad?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Gayle, Dwayne Bravo and Darren Bravo will make this WI side a lot more stronger and challenging to play against. They pushed us a lot in this ODI series (yes we missed Dhoni, Yuvraj, Zaheer and we still won 4-1 but they also missed Gayle and the two Bravo's). Rampaul and Roach make a really good combo. If a guy of Indian origin can bowl at such speeds consistently when playing for some other country, it certainly means the flaw is in our development system when it comes to fast bowlers not maintaining their speeds consistently and falling away.

Positives for us would be our youngsters. Even after the veterans retire, we will dominate consistently at home, and who knows with some experience, our youngsters can perform well abroad too.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I saw the Lendl Simmons wicket, and that wicket gives us big hope that Pathan is finding his swing back. And Rohit Doshi says that he was on the 133-135kph mark which is excellent because we know where his speeds have been in recent times. I wish he had played in Indore so that we could have seen him in one more game. If Pathan performs like this consistently, he could spell trouble for Praveen Kumar who I think should step up his average speed by 5-10kph at the minimum.

macintosh

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
If what Rohit said was right (about Pathan's speed), Rajat Bhatia can shove it up his throat..... Irfan > Praveen Kumar

He was bowling 130+ most of the time with decent control, I don't know why Rajat Bhatia and Manoj Prabhakar were criticizing Pathan, he was bowling even better in the Ranji trophy, was swinging it and was producing unplayable deliveries every now and then.

Users who are viewing this thread