West Indies in India Nov 2011/12

Was it a good move to recall Irfan in the Indian squad?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
He was facing Sunil Naraine for the first time. Remember what happened to others when they faced Mendis for the first time?

Come on it does not matter if it was a maiden West Indies are not going to come close

jacobfelix

International Coach
He was facing Sunil Naraine for the first time. Remember what happened to others when they faced Mendis for the first time?

Dont compare this situation with the Mendis situation. That was quite early in the innings. This was in the death. If you cant hit out in the 49th over...then 'try to hit & get out' & give Jadeja/others a bat...who knows...they could have got some runs.

aayush93

Club Cricketer

Come on it does not matter if it was a maiden West Indies are not going to come close

Manoj tiwary was also playing narine first time and he scored a hundred. he hitted him a six also.
I feel for Tiwary, as he is not going to play next ODI match which india will play in Australia even after scoring hundred. His selection in India ODI squad is also not certain for next tour.

i hope india don't lose this match very closely otherwise that maiden Over will be on News channel.

Last edited:

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Manoj tiwary was also playing narine first time and he scored a hundred. he hitted him a six also.
I feel for Tiwary, as he is not going to play next ODI match which india will play in Australia even after scoring hundred. His selection in India ODI squad is also not certain for next tour.

i hope india don't lose this match very closely otherwise that maiden Over will be on News channel.

Well thats why Irfan is a bowler and Manoj is a batsman. Having a maiden in 49th over is really crucial but please give that guy a break. He would be nervous, he has lot to prove returning after 3 bloody years.

After the wicket first ball and lookiing at his his speed, Rajat Bhatia can just fearsome tweak off. 134 is not slowish and hope selectors have not made a mistake in not taking this Pathan guy to Oz

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India

Well Manoj Tiwary I a regular batsman who has been in and out in Indian team from last 5 to 6 series. Irfan is a bowling all rounder who is returning to the International cricket after almost 3 years. He has got only one match to prove his with in the team and that is pressure. Yes he should have just give strike to Raina but he wanted to play that over to get some runs for his confidence.

And then he comes up in bowling and takes wicket on the first ball.

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
^^ I was a bit early :p

----------

Strikes!! Irfan strikes again 133 KMPH once again and Powell is bowled :D

aayush93

Club Cricketer
Well Manoj Tiwary I a regular batsman who has been in and out in Indian team from last 5 to 6 series. Irfan is a bowling all rounder who is returning to the International cricket after almost 3 years. He has got only one match to prove his with in the team and that is pressure. Yes he should have just give strike to Raina but he wanted to play that over to get some runs for his confidence.

And then he comes up in bowling and takes wicket on the first ball.

He is batting above a Guy Called Ravindra Jadeja who has a fastest triple hundred in a ranji Cricket.
I am far big supporter of Irfan than you, but playing 49th over as a maiden is very insulting than getting out on first ball.

Anyway, he has shown good control and swings with his bowling till now..

Last edited:

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
He is batting above a Guy Called Ravindra Jadeja who has a fastest triple hundred in a ranji Cricket.
I am far big supporter of Irfan than you, but playing 49th over as a maiden is very insulting than getting out on first ball.

Anyway, he has shown good control and swings with his bowling till now..

Pathetic umpiring from Sudhir Asnani there. Even bowler did not appeal for that caught behind. Poor Samuels

I do agree though with your point about sending Jadeja before Pathan but I think it was just about giving him that confidence that he could have got if he had connect one or two big shots. He was nervous as we all know but one or two big shot would have relaxed him and that was the only purpose I can think of.

Another one goes down. Oh West Indies.

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
Sudhir Asnani has killed the game here. The Samuels decision was an absolute shocker, the type I haven't seen since...Sydney 2008 ! And Ramdin's LBW was clearly going down the legside too.

Poor stuff.

aayush93

Club Cricketer
Why doesn't he refer it? Oh...

exactly thats what came in my mind when NZ didn't refer it for Hughes today after having your oh...
Those decision given by Asnani were poor umpiring.

@Adarsh don't worry Tony hill is making up for Asnani. Pollard escapes a plumb LBW.:D

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
It's there to eliminate shockers though, and Samuels could have straight away referred it, job done. I just don't get why so many Indian fans seem to blindly back their boards steadfast refusal to see what every other cricketing board sees :facepalm

Poor umpiring is exactly what it's for. NZ could have referred it, but obviously it wasn't such a shocker that everyone surrounding the umpire knew he was wrong (except Hughes obviously haha).

Edit:

Perhaps that's the very problem right there though. Maybe it's the teams themselves that are to blame. By constantly using it for marginal decisions, they completely missed the point and themselves undermined the very system? Anyway, sorry, don't want to go too off topic :)

Last edited:

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Wicket at a very crucial time. Would have loved to see Sammy playing a match winning knock in the match but unfortunately that is not to be.

I'm sure Sudhir Asnani will get a "bambu session" after the match from ICC and BCCI officials. :p

Users who are viewing this thread