West Indies in India Nov 2011/12

Was it a good move to recall Irfan in the Indian squad?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
Pollard should try to play till the end runrate wont be a problem as long as he stays there and also he is running out out partners so someone needs to stay with him and play a supportive innings here

----------

another partner goes :facepalm

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Century for Pollard. Well done! India doesn't have much front line bowlers left. He needs to be on strike most times.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
So finally India prevails. Pollard made merry of the bowling off part timers. Russel played very well too. Had Samuels not been erroneously given out, result might have tilted in WI's favor.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I thought Pakistan were suffering with Kamran Akmal. Parthiv was the same. Pollard batted well. Needed a supporting partner. The umpire seemed slightly biased or was that just me. :)

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I thought Pakistan were suffering with Kamran Akmal. Parthiv was the same. Pollard batted well. Needed a supporting partner. The umpire seemed slightly biased or was that just me. :)

lol lets not compare Akmal with Parthiv. Akmal is like master of dropping catches. Parthiv is an OK wicket keeper not so special. So I don't expect too much from him. Parthiv still has a long way to go and after this series I don't expect him in ODI squad for a while. They really should try Utthappa.

And umpiring was bad through out the series. In this match Pollard was plumb LBW but Asnani is just horrible.

Brillian innings by Pollard, Manoj, Kohli and Russel. I expected Pollard to be MOM as he played superbly.

Last edited:

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
lol lets not compare Akmal with Parthiv. Akmal is like master of dropping catches. Parthiv is an OK wicket keeper not so special. So I don't expect too much from him. Parthiv still has a long way to go and after this series I don't expect him in ODI squad for a while. They really should try Utthappa.

In fairness they are about the same...:yes

And umpiring was bad through out the series. In this match Pollard was plumb LBW but Asnani is just horrible.

Come on man. I think he was more biased towards West Indies

Brillian innings by Pollard, Manoj, Kohli and Russel. I expected Pollard to be MOM as he played superbly.

I am with you on this one but in fairness. Tiwary did set up the game for India with a century...

Glad Irfan Pathan is back bowled awesome today. Excluding 2 sixs he gave where he became a bit predictable

aayush93

Club Cricketer
It's there to eliminate shockers though, and Samuels could have straight away referred it, job done. I just don't get why so many Indian fans seem to blindly back their boards steadfast refusal to see what every other cricketing board sees :facepalm

Poor umpiring is exactly what it's for. NZ could have referred it, but obviously it wasn't such a shocker that everyone surrounding the umpire knew he was wrong (except Hughes obviously haha).

Edit:

Perhaps that's the very problem right there though. Maybe it's the teams themselves that are to blame. By constantly using it for marginal decisions, they completely missed the point and themselves undermined the very system? Anyway, sorry, don't want to go too off topic :)

When India Used DRS first time this happen

Rahul Dravid Controversial LBW Review - SL v India 2nd Test - YouTube

There was no time rule. Look how much time Jayawaradene took to review it.

When India Used 2nd Time

in world cup, ian bell was plumb out against IND but it not was not given just because ball has to travel 2.5m, but it was hitting middle stump. After that match ICC introduced new rule to solve this issue.

When India used 3rd Time

Dravid was given out on referal even after hotspot didn't show anything.
So, this kind of thing has forced India fans to support BCCI.

I want the use of technology, but not in the way it is used right now.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Dammit, please stop it. DRS should actually be used. It might not be 100% but, it improves decisions. There will be a time when we get round to making it perfect but, that can only happen if it is implemented. Stop acting like a BCCI representative.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
When India Used DRS first time this happen

Rahul Dravid Controversial LBW Review - SL v India 2nd Test - YouTube

There was no time rule. Look how much time Jayawaradene took to review it.

When India Used 2nd Time

in world cup, ian bell was plumb out against IND but it not was not given just because ball has to travel 2.5m, but it was hitting middle stump. After that match ICC introduced new rule to solve this issue.

When India used 3rd Time

Dravid was given out on referal even after hotspot didn't show anything.
So, this kind of thing has forced India fans to support BCCI.

I want the use of technology, but not in the way it is used right now.

You can't base a thoery on one person Most people are refered get out with the right result. Dravid is gone from ODI's, so lets put this behind our backs and use UDRS more a fairer game. Had UDRS been in the series, umpires would be better as the worst ones (not mentioning any names) would not be able to umpire. The game could have a different result over all. :yes

----------

Dammit, please stop it. DRS should actually be used. It might not be 100% but, it improves decisions. There will be a time when we get round to making it perfect but, that can only happen if it is implemented. Stop acting like a BCCI representative.

My thoughts precisely:D

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Well play India. Poor umpiring standards but lets not go back to DRS or No DRS. Its going to be No DRS so stop the tweaking debate. It will be introduced when correct time will come

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
If what Rohit said was right (about Pathan's speed), Rajat Bhatia can shove it up his throat..... Irfan > Praveen Kumar

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Pathan was averaging about 130 KPH. Didn't really see much of his initial spell but, whatever I saw, he was making the ball do something.

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Yes, indeed he was constantly hitting 133-135 in his first spell. He got the ball to swing in and out by huge margin. He was really pumped up and excited and his figure show that. If it wouldnt be Pollard who hit 2 back to back sixes of him, his figures would be dream comeback figure.

He needs to be around the team more. Just see what Rahul Sharma did, 4 wickets and 80 runs in 20 overs is just brilliant. He gets that extra experiance just by sitting in the dressing room taking inputs from greats of cricket. Irfan will be back only in this fashion. I would love to see him in ODI outfit more regularly.

Imagine Praveen, Irfan, Zaheer, Ashwin combo a deadly one plus Jadeja

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Well, to tell the least this had been a pretty interesting and decent series to watch. West Indies did compete well against the Indians in both the format. They just need one thing now in their playing XI. Winning Habit :D

If they get Winning Habit, they will be winnign more matches which means they will be performing better, which means players will be more dedicated towards countries reputation(not that they are not doing now)

West Indies previously have also lost close series like this one Results | West Indies in Pakistan | ESPN Cricinfo

Chris Gayle was brilliant back then. With Gayle coming back to side , it will only make this side better. They need more players like Darren Bravo who can play long innings. Hope West Indies improve further.

Users who are viewing this thread