West Indies in India Nov 2011/12

Was it a good move to recall Irfan in the Indian squad?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
One hell of a knock, that was! This guy amazes me, and irritates me in equal measure. Today was a day of amazement. Hope we see more of such days in future from Sehwag (especially when he is in Australia this year and next year).

Impressive debut from Rahul Sharma on such a flat surface. Ashwin needs to pick up more wickets. It wont be soon before Rahul Sharma threatens Ashwin's spot in ODI's and T20's. We always prefer wicket taking bowlers rather than frugal/miserly bowlers. But still, letting them to 265 is just not on after having them at 147/8 odd. We continue to have problems finishing the opposition off.

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well, @ Sai - Ashwin has just entered top 20 ODI bowling rankings, Rahul isnt going to be that great to do so in such limited amount of time. Ashwin precisely is ranked 15th

HawkAussie

Panel of Selectors
Hobart Hurricanes
Profile Flag
Australia
What a great innings from Sehwag there. I'll just heard it on my radio.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
More than the record, I am very happy that both our premier openers have hit form just before the important tour of Australia. I wish they continue this form into the next game in Chennai where I want Gambhir to score a big ton and for the Sehwag-Gambhir partnership to continue flourishing.

It was frankly a perfect move today by Sehwag to re-jig the batting order. Last night before the game, I always think about how the team should be for the upcoming game and this was what I thought of too - Sehwag/Gambhir opening with Raina at one down. And it worked spectacularly today. It should continue for Chennai.

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
How To Score Double Hundreds
by Virender Sehwag

1. Schedule a home series against the West Indies.
2. Give your equivalent Tendulkar a vacation.
3. Seek a curator to prepare some of the flattest tracks known to man.
4. Win four tosses in a row and pick your track to bat first on. Personally, I recommend Madhya Pardesh.
5. Open the batting and keep your strike rate above 100. If your partner doesn't work to give you the strike, run him out.
6. Run your next partner(s) out until you find someone who will work for you. Remember, this is your innings.
7. Just for laughs, lollipop a catch straight to Darren Sammy as you near the milestone.
8. Reach your milestone by working the ball around for singles, even though the match situation dictates otherwise. Sammy will spread the field to accommodate you.

So, there you have it, that's how I scored my double tonne. I hope some day you can dream of doing it too :thumbs

He should of Given Sachin this in the Test Match.
to get his 100th Century.

Anyway V Sehwag Played great, his Score win this Match for India.

jacobfelix

International Coach
I was reading in the newspaper that today's match is under rain threat :noway as it seems for the past few days rains have made their presence in Chennai.

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Manoj Tiwary finally living upto his expectation. What an innings under pressure from the lad, 1/2 India he walks in and scores a brilliant 100. Sad he is retired hurt.

----------

Also, this should series should be it, Parthiv should be dropped from the side as the back up keeper as we have many who have performed better then him. Robin Utthapa in ODI's for sure seeing he was picked for T20. Also, Ambati Raydu is a good option

jacobfelix

International Coach
At the 32-33 over mark, we were 166-3. So, only a 100 added in the last 17-18 overs. :noway We fell short by atleast 25-30 runs or so.

Users who are viewing this thread