West Indies in Zimbabwe/South Africa

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I doubt any player in International cricket in a run chase will play for the hundred if the game is still alive.What you said is nonsense.

did u watch the game??

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
I dont know, Chanderpaul should have gone faster. Your behind by 50 odd, your on a hundred, have a darn hit!

Vcassano

Club Cricketer
If it was that easy he would have done it. The fact is he scored a hundred but wasn't aptly supported by his teammates. He had to rebuild the innings after early losses and at the end if he'd got out it would have been over for the Windies anyway.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I agree, didn't see the game, but Chanderpaul's innings seems anything but selfish.

lol... Why can't we just put it in another way, " Zimbabwe was bowling well! " :rolleyes:

I was watching that match. I seriously didn't expect Zimbabwe to bowl with almost perfection with their line/length in end overs. Not only Chanderpaul, other batsmen were just helpless. Bravo's dismissal tells the accuracy of their bowling. Infact their bowling was 1000times better than India's bowling. :p

Zimbabwe deserve 100% credit for their fantastic team display! :clap

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
The return of players like Price, Taibu and Brent has really helpled Zim boys. If some other players like SHawn Irvine and Friend makes come back then Zim can have good ODI side once again.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
The return of players like Price, Taibu and Brent has really helpled Zim boys. If some other players like SHawn Irvine and Friend makes come back then Zim can have good ODI side once again.

Ervine is still playing domestic cricket. I saw him even today in that Ford Rangers Cup. I don't know what happened to Travis Friend though. Blignaut and Goodwin also disappeared from Zimbabwe. ;)

dikon

Club Cricketer
Brent never left did he?

Ervine is still playing domestic cricket. I saw him even today in that Ford Rangers Cup. I don't know what happened to Travis Friend though. Blignaut and Goodwin also disappeared from Zimbabwe. ;)

Goodwin is with Sussex and doing well.

International Coach
International players just don't do that.He was obviously biding his time for a last ten over onslaught with Morton./

well he didnt even in the last 10 overs when the r.r was around 10.

dikon

Club Cricketer
well he didnt even in the last 10 overs when the r.r was around 10.

Exactly so he must have been trying to win the game....

Your statement is utter rubbish unless you can prove otherwise.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
i dont understand how someone can place blame on Chanderpaul for West Indies defeat. seriously everyone but 2 players failed and that includes most of the bowlers who got outbowled by players who barely play international cricket. for the past year Chanderpaul has been the only consistant player in the west indies squad and if anyone should be blamed its Gayle,Bravo,Ramdin and the bad choices for the squad.

anakwalajinn

Club Cricketer
lol... Why can't we just put it in another way, " Zimbabwe was bowling well! " :rolleyes:

I was watching that match. I seriously didn't expect Zimbabwe to bowl with almost perfection with their line/length in end overs. Not only Chanderpaul, other batsmen were just helpless. Bravo's dismissal tells the accuracy of their bowling. Infact their bowling was 1000times better than India's bowling. :p

Zimbabwe deserve 100% credit for their fantastic team display! :clap

What channel showed it?

International Coach
Exactly so he must have been trying to win the game....

Your statement is utter rubbish unless you can prove otherwise.

how was he going trying for a win without trying to hit the ball???

38.1 Utseya to Chanderpaul, no run, coming down the wicket almost yorked himself, gets a thickish edge to short fine leg.
38.2 Utseya to Chanderpaul, 1 run, driven through point for a single.
38.3 Utseya to Morton, 1 run, makes room and cuts to the sweeper cover.
38.4 Utseya to Chanderpaul, 1 run, tossed up on the off and middle, driven down the ground to long off.
38.5 Utseya to Morton, 2 runs, driven dwon the ground to long on, misfield allows the second run.
38.6 Utseya to Morton, FOUR, good powerful strike past the bowler to long on fence. At last Morton gets a boundary.

39.1 Price to Chanderpaul, 2 runs, down the track and chips it over midwicket, comes quickly back for the second run.
39.2 Price to Chanderpaul, 1 run, nice sweep to deep-backward square leg.
39.3 Price to Morton, 1 run, full on the legs, worked to deep square leg.
39.4 Price to Chanderpaul, no run, full toss played straight to the fielder at midwicket along the ground.
39.5 Price to Chanderpaul, no run, moves forward and pushes it back to the bowler.
39.6 Price to Chanderpaul, 1 run, waits for the ball and turns it around to square leg.

40.1 Dabengwa to Chanderpaul, 1 run, moves forward and works it to the on side for a quick single.
40.2 Dabengwa to Morton, no run, tosses it up full outside the leg stump, goes for a big heave and misses, strikes the pad.
40.3 Dabengwa to Morton, 1 run, high full toss mistimed along the ground to deep midwicket.
40.4 Dabengwa to Chanderpaul, no run, good ball, quicker one outside the off stump, trying to run it down to thirdman, gets beaten.
40.5 Dabengwa to Chanderpaul, 1 run, driven through the off side to the sweeper cover.
40.6 Dabengwa to Morton, SIX, dropped! Down the track and hits it straight in the air to Masakadza at long on, drops it and in the process gives away a six.

41.1 Chibhabha to Chanderpaul, no run, looks to play across the line to a full delivery outside the off stump and gets beaten.
41.2 Chibhabha to Chanderpaul, 1 run, driven to midwicket for a single.
41.3 Chibhabha to Morton, 1 run, mistimes the full toss down the ground to long on.
41.4 Chibhabha to Chanderpaul, 1 run, low full toss driven down the ground to long on.
41.5 Chibhabha to Morton, 1 run, wonderful fielding by Brent as Morton hits in the air down the ground to long off, Brent moves across quickly and puts out his hand to save a certain boundary.
41.6 Chibhabha to Chanderpaul, no run, played to the on side to midwicket.

42.1 Masakadza to Morton, 1 run, good bowling, a low full toss driven down the ground to long off.
42.2 Masakadza to Chanderpaul, no run, moves forward and pushes to the off side straight to the fielder.
42.3 Masakadza to Chanderpaul, no run, good ball in the block-hole, dug out on the track.
42.4 Masakadza to Chanderpaul, 1 run, cut off the back foot to the off side.
42.5 Masakadza to Morton, 1 run, yorker length delivery driven down the ground to long on.
42.6 Masakadza to Chanderpaul, no run, full toss played straight to the fielder at extra-cover.

43.1 Chibhabha to Morton, 1 run, driven down the ground to long off
43.2 Chibhabha to Chanderpaul, 1 run, played to the sweeper cover for a single
43.3 Chibhabha to Morton, 1 run, mistimes a low full toss down the ground to long on
43.4 Chibhabha to Chanderpaul, 1 run, high full toss worked to deep square leg.
43.5 Chibhabha to Morton, 1 run, hits it down the ground to long on.
43.6 Chibhabha to Chanderpaul, 1 run, slower delivery worked to on side, quick pick-up and throw, strikes the stumps, Chanderpaul collides with the bowler as he gets back into the crease.

Last edited:

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
dude so you are goin to place the west indies los on Chanderpual not scoring quickly enough. i dont get your point at all maybe you should be writing about the failiure of the other windies batsman.

Shivs strike rate was over 90 which is 20 points better than his career strike rate of 70, so he was scoring quickly.

International Coach
no i am not placing the blame on chanderpaul,he gought a lone battle but just think he should have slowed down when he came close to his 100.

Users who are viewing this thread