West Indies in Zimbabwe/South Africa

Geez, get off Chanderpaul's back. If it wasn't for him, then the West Indies would have had no chance whatsoever. Pretty bloody pathetic how people constantly find ways to criticise players when they put in performances like these.

yea but he had a runer for him and he colided with the bowler in one fo those overs he might have been bothered by that, i get what you are saying but you cant expect everything from one guy.

and why Pollard hasnt been picked for these ODIs is beyond me he has prooven that he can play and yet they go with the likes of Lewis.

What channel showed it?

Star Sports here in India. :) I think, Star Cricket going to telecast 2nd ODI.

0601731 said:
how was he going trying for a win without trying to hit the ball???

He tried his level best, but it was just accuracy of the bowling which outsmarted him. As I said mentioned before, Bravo's dismissal is one such example.. Spot on! Also, Morton's dismissal was a good delivery at that time. Zimbabwe deserves full credits for winning this.

Last edited:
and why Pollard hasnt been picked for these ODIs is beyond me he has prooven that he can play and yet they go with the likes of Lewis.

They are competing for different positions, so you can't really compare the two.

They are competing for different positions, so you can't really compare the two.

yes i understand that but he is waaay better than Deonarine and Parchment, atleast take the guy to the tour with you instead of those 2 and shw him that he did good enough in the KFC cup to be selected ahead of those 2.

and Jagernauth shoudl have been selected instead of Lewis, younger,better.

edit: wow what a star for zimbabwe, Smith out early. i would have played that better. Smith did nthing in the KFC cup to be selected over Simmons who actually played good for T&T.

Last edited:
windies bat in the 2nd odi,already one wicket down.

yes i understand that but he is waaay better than Deonarine and Parchment, atleast take the guy to the tour with you instead of those 2 and shw him that he did good enough in the KFC cup to be selected ahead of those 2.

and Jagernauth shoudl have been selected instead of Lewis, younger,better.

He's only played a handful of games hasn't he? Probably a case of the selectors thinking he may be too inexperienced to handle international cricket. In saying that it wouldn't have done any harm to include him int he squad just so he can get some exposure.

Omari Banks and Dave Mohammed should both have been selected ahead of Rawl Lewis too. Two of the best limited overs bowlers in the West Indies, yet never find himselves getting any recognition.

He's only played a handful of games hasn't he? Probably a case of the selectors thinking he may be too inexperienced to handle international cricket. In saying that it wouldn't have done any harm to include him int he squad just so he can get some exposure.

Omari Banks and Dave Mohammed should both have been selected ahead of Rawl Lewis too. Two of the best limited overs bowlers in the West Indies, yet never find himselves getting any recognition.

yea Banks did great in the KFC cup but Mohammed was (still is injured i think) in the KFC cup so he hasnt played in a long time. so did Fidel Edwards who is a better bowler than Rampaul and should be playing ahead of him.

yea Banks did great in the KFC cup but Mohammed was (still is injured i think) in the KFC cup so he hasnt played in a long time. so did Fidel Edwards who is a better bowler than Rampaul and should be playing ahead of him.

I was speaking more in general terms regarding Dave Mohammed. He should be one of the first bowlers selected for the West Indies in either format of the game, but given how afraid the selectors are of playing a spinner it seems as though he'll never get the chances he deserves. Then when they do decide to play a spinner, it's unfortunate that Mohammed is injured.

Great batting by West Indies the last few overs, Rampaul's 3 sixies changed the game. I thought Zimbabwe could chase 250-260.
But now it will be difficult, Taylor must get going and get support from all the batsmen...

Zims won the tosas and should have batted once again. Wrong choise at toss ment the result.

Users who are viewing this thread