West Indies Tour of New Zealand November/December 2013

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Wow, just wow, that was some pretty ridiculous batting, some of their shots were outrageous.

frediskin

Club Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
afridi 37 ball 100 - YouTube

Now no disrespect to Shahid Afridi , because i admire him as a cricketer, but if you think the boundaries were small for Corey, look how short the boundaries by the sight screen were here, and thats where Shahid was hitting, i think if you want to get 100 in under 40 balls, it has to be smaller than usual boundary size

You cant take away Anderson's record

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Queenstown was also where McCullum hit 80 off 28 and was on track for the fastest century before we managed to win

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Corey Anderson has impressed me right from India A vs New Zealand A series where he was quite brilliant.

Afridi says, he never heard of Anderson and didn't expect a new guy to break his record. I guess he has forgotten that he was no talk of the world before he hit the 37 ball hundred. :p

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Love the look of our team for this match. It's a bit sad how I think we're at absolute full strength while the West Indies are missing over half of their first team.

ferg512

International Coach
Getting absolutely sick of watching this Windies team, India can't get here soon enough. I know they have so many injuries or whatever but at least look like you want to be out there.

----------

Also, this is really pathetic from Guptill 7 from 37 hes built up a heap of pressure and now Ryder is finally out. I mean at least find a few singles here or there, hes wasted so many balls that he really needs to score a big one.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
I disagree. From someone who bats like that (slow), for me it's about the partnership. A few months ago my team made over 300 in 40 overs (and rolled the other team for 100). I opened the batting and we put on like 70/80 in the first 10 overs, I made like 10 of them. Obviously a completely different level, but my role is essentially to go out there and block up an end while we attack from the other, and 50 overs is a long time so someone needs to do that job early on. Also that pitch was nothing like Queenstown and 280ish was a good total, even Anderson was under a run a ball until his 6 off the last ball.

Yes he probably needed to rotate the strike a bit more, but for him to battle through that and not give it away I think was vital, especially for him going forward. If he'd got out for 5 off 30 he'd be under massive pressure in the last match, but instead we can now hope for him to get back to the level he was at earlier this year.

ferg512

International Coach
Hmmm maybe we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. To me it looked like he had put a lot of pressure on the other batsman who were forced to up the scoring rate because he was batting so slowly, and they as a result got out. In todays game an innings of 81 with a SR of 68 is simply unacceptable. It only worked out because we're facing the worst team in world cricket.

----------

I know the pitch wasn't as good as Queenstown but if you got Anderson and McCullum in earlier we could've gotten 320. Both of them had absolutely no time to get themselves in because of Guptill.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
There wasn't that much choice otherwise for MotM though

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
I know the pitch wasn't as good as Queenstown but if you got Anderson and McCullum in earlier we could've gotten 320. Both of them had absolutely no time to get themselves in because of Guptill.

The "plan" is not to get them in earlier, they should only be coming in for the last 15 or so overs. If they come in at 150 yes we could get over 300, but we could also get under 250 if we end up 200 for 6 with both of them gone cheaply.

I get your point and I agree that he should've batted a bit faster, but he was a bit out of form so I don't think he'll be batting that slowly again going forward.

Re MOTM, like Chewie says there was really no one else. He was the only player to get 50+ and he ended up with 80 and he led us to an above par total.

ferg512

International Coach
I wasn't arguing about the MOTM at all, he had to get it by default. I guess it didn't really matter anyway because the Windies are an absolute shambles. Hopefully it has got him into some form like you say because we'll definitely him at his best against India.

Users who are viewing this thread