West Indies tour of New Zealand

Taylor gone! superb inngs,WI in control...if WI can get NZ under 160,they have a good chance.

Gayle gets a wicket in the last over of New Zealand innings. So far it's 149-7 and it's a defendable score. I am not sure, but I thought the boundaries were cut short for the Twenty20's.

lol wtf was Taylor thinking trying to bowl without using his non bowling arm. lol I think he got Gayle mad, might get his ass kicked by Gayle in the change rooms.

Gayle played a gamble here,he bowled the last over,he is a part time bowler,yet he gave only 6 runs & took 1 wicket in last over,he bowled 3 overs and took 2 wickets.

New Zealand :155/7 Run Rate 7.75.
WI in total control

Not great from us, but mind you it takes a while to get back into the aggressive mode after tests. Probably enough with Vettori and the rest of our attack unless Gayle has another one of his days.

I hope the umpires were watching Benn's action because it looked a little dodgy at times. The 15degree rule may be being stretched.

New Zealand scored 155-7 and ít's not a bad score. I wonder if Sarwan will get out quick again.

how small are these boundaries in NZ.
Some of them are 60+ metres and a few are 50odd. They're legally big enough. A lot of the West Indies grounds are quite small too. The thing about Eden Park is that it has a weird shape. Very different ground.

The West Indies went overtime by I think 12ish minutes which I think means penalty runs will be given to New Zealand. Not sure how much. Might have been 6 per over not bowled at the time so we might get another 12.

EDIT: They actually went about 20 minutes over time. That's terrible! Does anyone know how they award the penalty runs?

EDIT: Yep 6 runs per over not bowled. The commentators aren't mentioning anything about it? What's going on. It was definitely late!

Last edited:
I hope the umpires were watching Benn's action because it looked a little dodgy at times. The 15degree rule may be being stretched.

Yea his faster ball looks a bit funky. I noticed that in the Stanford 20/20.

Chanderpaul is opening with Gayle. I didn't expect that. He already scored a four in the first over.

Chanderpaul is opening with Gayle. I didn't expect that. He already scored a four in the first over.

took me by surprise too. but they are good opening together, I hope they do it in the ODIs too. Remember them two in the Champions Trophy in India, they were great.

:eek: great catch by Mills.

Last edited:
I turned away for a minute and suddenly West Indies is from 7-0 to 33-1.

WI going almost 12 runs per over,Gayle hitting 2 back to back 6's,they require another 111 runs with 9 wickets and 16 overs remaining

Users who are viewing this thread