Story West Indies tour of the sub-continent

The two batsmen at the crease at this point were Alok Kapali and Kaled Mashud. Both batted cautiously for sometime and then Kaled Mashud once again misjudged a delivery swining in from outside off from Hinds and got clean bowled.

Alok Kapali came down the pitch to O. A.Banks and was out stumped to R. Jacobs - one of the few things he did right during this session. Lara will not certainly be happy with his performance behind the stumps and will certainly have a chat with him at the end of the day.

The scores of Alok Kapali and Kaled Mashud were 12 and 9 resp.

See attached snaps:

Top left: Alok Kapali's perfect on-drive for a four
Top right: Mashud's misjudged leave
Bottom left: Alok Kapali's square cut for another four
Bottom right: Alok Kapali's dance down the pitch

Last edited:
Khaled Mahmud, one of the batsmen at the crease was playing carefully while Rafique was little exciting to watch and they completed the day with 13 runs each.

The scorecard at the end of the day:

Bangladesh did well at the start of the innings but failed to build up on the start given by Hannan Sarkar. West Indes have come back well into the game and took 7 wickets by the end of the day.

Hinds had a wonderful day, making good use of the batsmen's inability to judge in-swinging deliveries.

Bangladeh, I believe will be trying score as much as possible while the Windies will have their task cut out. Get the bastmen out soon and put on a big score.

Last edited:
Review of test patch:

Ravi,

I think there is indeed some problem with the batsmen's judgement when they leave the ball as you can clearly see from the number of wickets that fell in this manner. I think this needs to be addressed. Also, the wicket keeper seemed to be having a hard time holding balls that should have pretty much ended up in his hand.

There is one other thing that bother's me. In this entire innings, I did not see any Bangladesh batsmen play even one mistimed shot. What I mean is that they did miss deliveries, but there was never one single batsmen who hit the ball a little bit in the air or anything of that sort, giving a chance of getting out. I think the tail-enders at least should do that. Otherwise if you fix the mis-judgement by the batsmen, how else can anyone get the batsmen out if they are not even going to hit the bowlers?

Hope this review was useful.

Thanks Murali, points noted. I will work on it shortly.

Day 2 - Session 1 - Wrap-up

The conditions on this day pretty much remained the same as the first and Bangladesh started well with Rofique scoring some exiting fours while Khaled Mahmud playing the achor role but punishing the bad balls. But, Rofique got out trying to hit Hinds in the air. He had scored 30 runs. Next, it was Kaled Mahmud's turn to go as he got runout for 27 runs. It was a close call and the third umpire judged it out, neverthless, it was a un-necessary run-out. Hinds bowled well again in this innings and he deservedly produced the final blow for the Windies when Mashrafe mis-judged a ball and got out clean bowled, when he did not offer any shot.

Some snaps of the happenings below:

Bangladesh ended their first innings at 272, not what they would have expected. Hinds making use of the Bangladesh batmen's lapses ended with 7 wickets.

The ball was keeping a bit low in this session and it will be interesting to see how West Indies start their innings.

Bangladesh innings:

West Indies started their innings carefully with Gayle and Hinds, but they soon got into their groove and ended the first session with some exciting shots. See below:

Windies ended the session at 54/0 off 16 overs. They must be very happy with their bowling and batting performance.

They must be planning to build up a big lead. Bangladesh on the other hand will be hoping for some quick wickets.

Windies scorecard:

Ravi,

Do you think you will be able to provide me with your updated patch before the Bangladesh second innings, which means in a day or two ?

Thanks,

Hopefully, I have noted the issues you have mentioned. If everything works out very well you may have the updated one in couple of days.

Nice thread mate! How come you're not using any updates kits,bats,pitchads,stumps & adboards etc.It would look great with your excellent screenshots.

Well thanks Guy. I guess I did not give too much thought about using those. Will attempt to use those later in this match.

Day 2 - Session 2 - Wrap-up:

With the outfield being pretty slow and the ball keeping low, West Indies were unable to score freely. This was helped by the fact that Banglesh bowlers were all either swing or slow bowlers. Gayle seemed to be the man in form, while Hinds was struggling a bit to find the gaps.

With the West Indies score on 79, Hinds was bowled by Mashrafe when he tried to come down the pitch and flick the ball down the leg-side. Hinds scored 35 off 88 balls.

Gayle was joined by Lara, who was in good nick, but yet again failed to accelerate the score too much. West Indies continued to score at a steady pace with the run-rate about 3.0 runs per over.

Gayle reached his half-century by running the ball to the third man boundary. He and Lara had put on a 53 run partnership by the end of the session.

Users who are viewing this thread