What are the first games you will play on Bradman 14?

I'm going to start all out-the-box teams with a test match between England and Australia to start to figure out the control. I'll probably fiddle with the match creator options to try some crazy and unique match types (I wonder how the AI will handle 2-innings limited overs games, so I'm going to try a two-day, 50 overs 2 innings game with the follow-on being available at 100 and a bunch of crazy rules to try things out. I'm not going to start a career until after I get used to the controls and work out what's the most fun to play - I'll probably end up going for my left-arm unorthodox spinner route because that's always what I've wanted to bowl - but I might try to create a good Mitchell Johnson-like player, I dunno...

I'm going to start all out-the-box teams with a test match between England and Australia to start to figure out the control. I'll probably fiddle with the match creator options to try some crazy and unique match types (I wonder how the AI will handle 2-innings limited overs games, so I'm going to try a two-day, 50 overs 2 innings game with the follow-on being available at 100 and a bunch of crazy rules to try things out. I'm not going to start a career until after I get used to the controls and work out what's the most fun to play - I'll probably end up going for my left-arm unorthodox spinner route because that's always what I've wanted to bowl - but I might try to create a good Mitchell Johnson-like player, I dunno...

wouldn't that be Wasim Akram? Or Alan Mullally

Hey guys,

I was going to title it "what is the first thing you will do" but that will likely be downloading teams, at least a few, from Cricket Academy.

After all of that, and perhaps a few net sessions, what are you going to start with?

I think I'll will try to get the basics of all elements of the game first before starting a career player. This will also help determine if I will prefer to bat, bowl or keep (or a bit of both).

Probably a 20/20, don't care too much about the teams. Just want to test out everything.

Then probably a one dayer between some Aussie state sides where I will actually try to win.

After that, maybe a test match or short test series between Australia and South Africa (may as well start challenging the best!).

What about the rest of you?

Ill probalby start with South Africa (Because we are the best):) against Australia (the SECOND or even THIRD best) and give it a full blow test match at Cape Town :). Hahahaha, just kidding mate.

when i get the game first thing that i am going to do
1-create,download and edit players/teams from cricket academy how ii want
2-hit the net and learn the shots and controls
3-test out what i learnt in the nets in a test match(west indies vs sri lanka)
4-jump into career mode
5-play online

Ill jump straight into career mode and then break my controller after getting 0 for the first 2 games then ill restart my career until i get some runs. Planning on opening with de Kock!

Will be nets... for a bit to get the hang of it, then Test match with SA, did we mention we are no 1 :)

I'll first hit the nets for an hour or so, try all shots available then a T20 match, it'll be a week before I start a career mode

I'll first hit the nets for an hour or so, try all shots available then a T20 match, it'll be a week before I start a career mode

By that time my player will be number one batsman and pushing Tendulkar's records.

I'll just jump straight into the career mode. Would struggle for an hour or so, but that would give the career a realistic start. :thumbs

By that time my player will be number one batsman and pushing Tendulkar's records.

Are you starting your career with a South African(patriotism)? I read somewhere MattW said it'll worth playing as an Australian or English as the are more competitions and options to partake in,,,my player will meet you up the ranks,Sir Jack Hobbs had 199 first class centuries, I'm gunning for 200, with 200 test matches,(average of 99.95) and 200 ODI matches, lol

Last edited:
I shall be making a rather inept all rounder that can bat and bowl a little, is determined but otherwise a very unremarkable player. That way I can simulate my own abilities.

I will also jump online and lose, lose, lose and then lose again but have jolly fun doing so.

Users who are viewing this thread