What car do you drive?

That's the way man!

I miss living in Australia.. Seeing all the cars done up in every way with the doof doof music going, whilst they do laps of the main street for hours on end. Ah, gotta love the bogans.

Fohh shurr' cuz'.

I got into a race once with this one dude who was driving a VK Commodore. Sure showed him, he's a granny shifter. It's great to up show the 'lebanese' community about who's the boss.

Last edited:
The old trusted Santro. :D I have a 2002 model.

Atos, ew :p Not been blown off the road by a gust of wind yet?

Here's my beauty. It's kinda' old, six months to be exact. I've done a few things to it since then. It's got a black matte paint layer instead of the grey paint. I also installed new head/tail lights. Pumps out 192kw at the moment, still kinda' stock since I purchased it about a year ago.

Front Shot: Click here.
Rear Shot: Click here.
Interior: Click here.
Contrast, my Dad's sheila besides my baby. My favourite pic by an American mile: Click here.

I'll take the Mustang thanks!

My little Italian stallion....

Image026.jpg

Image025.jpg

Came with the stripes, at first I was unsure about them but I've grown to love them.

MaxKarter said:
Atos, ew Not been blown off the road by a gust of wind yet?

Hey, its not as bad as it looks. :p Does for a 17 year old, who's just exiting school after this session! :p

I don't need to drive around much anyways. We planned an i10 last year as a replacement but I was like "meh" I'll take a new, better one once I'm out of school!

Last edited:
Hey, its not as bad as it looks. :p Does for a 17 year old, who's just exiting school after this session! :p

I don't need to drive around much anyways. We planned an i10 last year as a replacement but I was like "meh" I'll take a new, better one once I'm out of school!

I've seen enough of them to know what they look like :p Besides, my car isn't bad for someone who finished school last year either :p

Surely with all the traffic in India it would be easier to get a bike?

Santro has awesome acceleration. My Bhabi has one and its zippy compared to all hatchbacks we have in India.

I've seen enough of them to know what they look like :p Besides, my car isn't bad for someone who finished school last year either :p

Surely with all the traffic in India it would be easier to get a bike?
People have a perception like that yes, but its the same with a bike, its rather awful, you drive in blazing heat of 45C sometimes. I prefer a car with an A/C even if I drive around 30 mins more. :p The traffic condition is awful though, I agree. Mainly to do with more cars and less roads.

India must have some painfully slow cars on the market then!

I said Hatch's. Punto has been released also. And here's whats on offer as far as best of Hatch goes in India

Honda Jazz - Top of ladder but too expensive
Maruti Suzuki Swift - Best Diesel Engine out there. Same as Fiat and Indica.
Skoda Fabia - Highly priced
Fiat Punto - No comments yet
Tata indica Vista - Just not as styled as Swift but same performance
Hyundai I20 - Great machine but bit expensive
Hyundai I10 - Better than Santro
Maruti Suzuki Ritz and A-Star - Worst designs I have seen
Chevrolet Aveo - Just poorly marketed and controls are all American

India must have some painfully slow cars on the market then!
I think with the hatchbacks he was referring to the likes of Alto and other, smaller mid range cars. Santro was teh bomb in its class back in the days, sometimes its still regarded as one, but if its zippyness you want, you've got to step it up a class above the Atos :p. There are some other cheap beauties as well, Civic, Accord, etc.

People have a perception like that yes, but its the same with a bike, its rather awful, you drive in blazing heat of 45C sometimes. I prefer a car with an A/C even if I drive around 30 mins more. :p The traffic condition is awful though, I agree. Mainly to do with more cars and less roads.

Delhi = Worst place after Ludhiana to drive cars. Chandigarh is best at everything.

swift_red.jpg

That's my Beast! Swift.. It's in Diesel, and Got great performance!

Max, you are absolutely right.. Cars in India are painfully slow. Not because of the car though, its the lack of good roads to Drive on.
Traffic is a major problem as well.

Oh, btw.. Just Peaked my Top Speed today.. Managed 140 kmph today. Very easy, and stable, and I'm sure I could have pushed it to 150+ but there was no road left to drive on :p

Delhi = Worst place after Ludhiana to drive cars. Chandigarh is best at everything.
I'd absolutely LOVE to drive in Chandigarh, but if its general everyday driving Dwarka ain't the worst places either, open, wide roads. The moment I step out of here though, its mostly horrible.

I expect it to change once the ongoing numerous flyover projects commissioned for the commonwealth are completed.

Kshitiz_Indian added 1 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

Max, you are absolutely right.. Cars in India are painfully slow. Not because of the car though, its the lack of good roads to Drive on.

Oh, btw.. Just Peaked my Top Speed today.. Managed 140 kmph today. Very easy, and stable, and I'm sure I could have pushed it to 150+ but there was no road left to drive on :p
I was about to say the same thing, its rather the roads the reason.

Last edited:
swift_red.jpg

Switch to Sedan's dude. These are for ladies.

I was also referring to hatchbacks, just didn't mention it specifically. Roads meh, Indian cars fall apart on our roads ;)

I just find it hard to believe that you think a car that has a 0 - 100km/h time of 15 seconds as good accelerating, that's seriously 'un-nippy' :p. Ah the Swift, that's more like it, or specifically the Sport. Punto's are nice, just the small diesel is a donkey.

Driven all those cars I mentioned apart from Punto. Santro's got lungs in first two gears.

Users who are viewing this thread