• Total voters

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Opening.

New ball.
Pitch is unknown.
You dont know what the ball is doing.
Opening order is short. Only 2 batsman. Middle order is long. 4,5,6,7. So more responsibility.

But it comes with lots of freedom. You can play freely. You can face the most balls. More chance of getting big scores. A middle order have less chance of scoring 150+ runs then a opener.

afridi118

International Coach
usa near washington dc baltimore maryland
opening is hard but its at times more easy as even if u get out early u dont feel shame as u feel that middle order will get the runs.
so few openers take it easy way like watson warner katich etc as they feel safe that even we get out other will do it so they enjoy opening

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Opening. As for the Middle-order, it depends a lot on the situation.

P

pcfan123

Opening. As for the Middle-order, it depends a lot on the situation.

You just blew my mind

bob-barker.jpg

Gurjot95

National Board President
Batting in middle order isn't that easy either. Infact it becomes more tough when you have to come to bat at early stage or when the team score is 50/4. You can build the partnership if the openers fail but you can't save team from getting low scores if middle order collapsed early. Both are equally difficult depending on situation imo.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
You would rather be Hayden, Tendulkar, Sehwag, Gayle, Ganguly, Anwar, Jayasuriya, Gilly or would you be Ponting, Hussey, Kallis, Shiva, Dravid, Waughs, Inzamam, MoYo, Mahela?

TumTum

International Cricketer
You would rather be Hayden, Tendulkar, Sehwag, Gayle, Ganguly, Anwar, Jayasuriya, Gilly or would you be Ponting, Hussey, Kallis, Shiva, Dravid, Waughs, Inzamam, MoYo, Mahela?

Let's keep it to Test cricket. BTW Mark Waugh opened the batting in ODI.

P

pcfan123

Would you rather have relations with a super model or would you rather let a super model have relations with you?

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
How can those 2 things be same? You are basically saying the same thing, mine is different..

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I think they balance out due to the pitches and the poor fast bowlers about these days.

Openers get to bat when the ball is coming onto the bat on a slow pitch, once it's scuffed up on one side and the swingier bowlers can do more with the ball it's harder, also you are well in when the ball begins taking spin. I'd rather open in the sub-continent, new zealand and the west indies and against any of those teams except pakistan anywhere.

opening is definitely harder on a good pitch against a quality team though.

P

pcfan123

How can those 2 things be same? You are basically saying the same thing, mine is different..

class players are class players, no one is going to choose being one of those guys based on their slot in the batting order.

It would be based on things such as their style of play, range of shots etc etc

It was a moot comparison, that was my point

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
You could argue for and against both sides but IMO, I reckon opening is harder. You're not quite sure how to pitch will play or how fast the ball will come to you. If you bat in the middle order, you watch the openers and get a fair idea of the conditions.

But like I said, it's just an opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread