Your Cricket What position do you play?

ved_

International Coach
I've never had a really fixed position in the club I go to every summer. Turns out that sometimes they let me go in and open the batting, while other times I'm playing at number 9. Either way, it seems fine with me because I see myself as a bowling all-rounder instead of a batting one.

TheNameisNiru

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
i bat @1 usually unless they want others to take strike and keep wickets but @ time i do bowl slow left arm orthodox

CricEnthusiast

School Cricketer
From the few matches that I've played, I've played at No.7.I chipped in with a few runs and am a wicket-taking left arm medium pace bowler. I'm not too fast but I get a wicket in almost every game.

Mike23

Associate Cricketer
I've always been an opener ever since i started playing, the lowest i've batted is at 3. I've never bowled in a match until last week, the figures read 2-0-37-0. Never going to bowl again..sigh.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've always been an opener ever since i started playing, the lowest i've batted is at 3. I've never bowled in a match until last week, the figures read 2-0-37-0. Never going to bowl again..sigh.

The more you bowl, the better you will get. The first game I bowled in I gave around 30 odd runs in 3 overs in a T20 match

alexczarn

Club Captain
The more you bowl, the better you will get. The first game I bowled in I gave around 30 odd runs in 3 overs in a T20 match

First time I bowled, 0/16 from 2 overs...

Mike23

Associate Cricketer
True I guess, but can the captain really afford to give me more chance if we are to win games? for the moment though i'll stick to improving my batting.

Swaraj

School Cricketer
I am a top order player.If not keeping generally I open the batting(Less than 20 overs),No.3 in One Days(Anything more than 20 over)and Unlimited overs.
If keeping then instead of batting at no.3 in unlimited overs I bat at no.4 as I am the anchor of my team.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Never played a long classy innings, mainly because I don't have the temperament. If it is in my range, i want to smash it. I am not the Shahid Afridi, I do score well, just never able to convert my scores in to hundreds.

Swaraj

School Cricketer
Got to be patient enough to convert your starts into the big ones.I am very good at converting starts into the big one I have got 13 half centuries and 13 centuries.

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Never played a long classy innings, mainly because I don't have the temperament. If it is in my range, i want to smash it. I am not the Shahid Afridi, I do score well, just never able to convert my scores in to hundreds.

You are the man! That juicy half volley is too tempting not to drive, forget the slip fielders. :D

----------

I'm more of a see the ball, hit the ball kind of player. I love to play the scope off the pads to the legside like Sanath Jayasuriya or Adam Gilchrist used to play with utmost brilliance. I generally bat at #5 or primarily when there is a need to up the scoring rate.

Last edited:

divij u16 plyr

School Cricketer
i was a an u13 plyr and am a u15 and u16 player im basically an batting allrounder and i bat 1 down when the team has a big total and open wen its got a normal total and wen its got a low total i usually bat at 2 or 3 down im the best fielder and spinner of delhi and arguably the best batsmen too-im the vice captain of the team too
:)

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
i was a an u13 plyr and am a u15 and u16 player im basically an batting allrounder and i bat 1 down when the team has a big total and open wen its got a normal total and wen its got a low total i usually bat at 2 or 3 down im the best fielder and spinner of delhi and arguably the best batsmen too-im the vice captain of the team too
In that case Ranji isn't too far down the line, care to share your full name. We'll then read updates about your progress

Users who are viewing this thread