Women's Internationals (Women's Asia Cup 2024 19 Jul - 28 Jul)

Mate, my entire premise is based off the fact that our women don't turn up at all. Those wins you highlight are mere strokes of luck for this team.

A tema which has supposedly had a settled core of players should be challenging other teams and not losing hilariously.

AS for the Nepal analogy, it is a matter of time before they start beating us left, right and centre. Let's accept that Indian women's cricket is probably never going to rub shoulders with the likes of ECB, NZ, SA or Australia. Had it not been for their merger with the BCCI, they would probably have not qualified for a few World Cups.

Mate, my entire premise is based off the fact that our women don't turn up at all. Those wins you highlight are mere strokes of luck for this team.

A tema which has supposedly had a settled core of players should be challenging other teams and not losing hilariously.

AS for the Nepal analogy, it is a matter of time before they start beating us left, right and centre. Let's accept that Indian women's cricket is probably never going to rub shoulders with the likes of ECB, NZ, SA or Australia. Had it not been for their merger with the BCCI, they would probably have not qualified for a few World Cups.

Your entire premise is “when India win, it’s a stroke of luck. When India lose, it’s because they don’t turn up and are rotten. And when other teams do that to India, the latter is still rotten.”

Yeah, I can’t find any flaws in that well reasoned argument. None at all.

If I had a nickel for everytime Kaur got run out because her bat got stuck in the pitch, I’d have two nickels. Which isn’t a lot but it’s weird that it’s happened twice.

If I had a nickel for everytime Kaur got run out because her bat got stuck in the pitch, I’d have two nickels. Which isn’t a lot but it’s weird that it’s happened twice.
Missed that. Feels quite on brand for Harmanpreet to be able to get out that way twice.

Watched the first session and bit beforehand, Satheesh Shubha was very impressive (Jemimah too but that's not a surprise). Kind of amazed that at 24, a player who looks so composed and technically accomplished, has not played at least an ODI before.

Missed that. Feels quite on brand for Harmanpreet to be able to get out that way twice.

Watched the first session and bit beforehand, Satheesh Shubha was very impressive (Jemimah too but that's not a surprise). Kind of amazed that at 24, a player who looks so composed and technically accomplished, has not played at least an ODI before.

I’ve only been following it occasionally on Cricbuzz and it’s been a bit frustrating that none of the batters have gone on to make a big score. We could have been looking at 500+ on day one if so. Hard to fault Shubha though, she doesn’t even have a proper Cricinfo profile. Hoping she gets to play more going forward.

I’ve only been following it occasionally on Cricbuzz and it’s been a bit frustrating that none of the batters have gone on to make a big score. We could have been looking at 500+ on day one if so. Hard to fault Shubha though, she doesn’t even have a proper Cricinfo profile. Hoping she gets to play more going forward.
They couldn't even sort her a helmet with the badge on!

500 still looks on, it could get tough for England if the pitch deteriorates as fast as they do when the men play. Although it's looked a good pitch to bat so far.

Literally missed the conclusion of the test, didn't see England bat once cause they were out so quickly and early in the day I wasn't awake.

An absolute annihilation. Looking forward to the Australia test. Would not be surprised if India made it 2 wins in a row.

Users who are viewing this thread