World Cup 2007 - Preview thread

who do you think is going to win the world cup in 2007?

• Australia

Votes: 44 22.0%
  • Bangladesh

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • England

Votes: 35 17.5%
  • India

Votes: 49 24.5%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 8 4.0%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 36 18.0%
  • South Africa

Votes: 10 5.0%
  • Sri Lanka

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • West Indies

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Zimbabwe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Scotland/Bermuda/Ireland/Canada/Netherlands/Kenya)

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
Let me tell you guys what I thhink regarding this world cup debate.
I feel that any one on the top 6-7 teams in the ODI rankings has a good chance of winning the world cup. I mean Bangladesh beat Australia the other day, that doesnt mean Bang is better than australia it's just how the game goes on the day & thats cricket gentlemen.

If your gonna look at rankings your only fooling yourselves. Personally, I think the world cup is stupid, in retrospect the last one in South Africa was a joke(not because my team got knocked out) but the fact that Kenya made it into semis is a laughable embarrasment to cricket .

saisrini80 said:
That sounds a bit mean Indiangod! Lets stay on the topic and not take on the Pakistani team!

Sorry, I did not mean to be harsh, it just got my blood boiling.

Last edited:
lukedapuke said:
If your gonna look at rankings your only fooling yourselves. Personally, I think the world cup is stupid, in retrospect the last one in South Africa was a joke(not because my team got knocked out) but the fact that Kenya made it into semis is a laughable embarrasment to cricket .

But Kenya still had to beat more teams than those below them to make it there. I think the semi finals and the final is where it can come unstuck. A team could go through undefeated and have one bad game and then they arent the best in the world. But Kenya had to beat the teams in their group and they obviously beat more teams in their group than those below them, im not quite sure how thats laughable. more just a massive effort and a string of good fortune

It was a great effort by kenya in the last world cup, they fought hard all the way through and deserved to be there .

Last edited:
saisrini80 said:
That sounds a bit mean Indiangod! Lets stay on the topic and not take on the Pakistani team!

Meaningless post from Indiangod to say the least,

He is picking on Pakistan because India isnt doing well,India will not have any chance of winning the world cup They qualified for the final in 2003,but what happened at the end was any ones guess.Australia winning the world cup :D

Why wouldnt we desis stop accusing each other when ever pakistan or india qualifies for the final Australia is their snatch the world cup away from either india or pakistan,

It is time we get together and beat the aussies,I must say I am very impressed by the English team They are doing what I was dreaming of a team doing to aussies :D

fardin said:

He is picking on Pakistan because India isnt doing well,India will not have any chance of winning the world cup They qualified for the final in 2003,but what happened at the end was any ones guess.Australia winning the world cup :D

Why wouldnt we desis stop accusing each other when ever pakistan or india qualifies for the final Australia is their snatch the world cup away from either india or pakistan,

It is time we get together and beat the aussies,I must say I am very impressed by the English team They are doing what I was dreaming of a team doing to aussies :D

Dont think thats is going every time fardin! At times, India or Pakistan might be there to snatch away the cup from Australia too! Dont forget that one day cricket is all about the luck of a team on that particular day! Anything can happen! And since these international teams like India and Pakistan are more experienced, they stand with more chance of winning than say Bangladesh or West Indies or USA! But both India and Pakistan are serious contenders for the World Cup because you never know how they will play!

They play will through out the world cup,but when they reach the final there is something missing,

When India reached the world cup final Zaheer Khan was all over the park bowling wides bowling no balls giving away runs and bowling lose balls,We have to think and think right to beat a team such as Australia.

fardin said:

Hey I'm sorry if I have offended you, I'm not picking on the Pakistanis, sorry.

Indias got a good chance of lifting the world cup in 2007.

Last edited:
Pakistan have got more than a chance! They have loads of talent! They beat India 4-2 remember. By World Cup 2007 they'll be more than a lethal side.

Indiangod said:
Hey I'm not picking on the pakistanis , I dont even know what you're talking about , I'v got a lot of pakistani mates as well , and we're very good mates , I take a lot of pride in india , and you are wrong saying that India have got no chance , India got everychance , they might be performing crap now , but the world cup is 18 months away , and that a lot of time , all india needs is one good tournment win , and India back on form , You'll see at the start of world cup 2007 if Indias got no chance, and its unfair to say so. Mate you're just talking bulls**t about me.

I am not being bullshit about you :eek:

If India gets bowlers such as Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis They will beat any body in the cricketing world,They have top class batsman.Sachin,Ganguly,Dravid,Sehwag,Kaif,Yuvraj Etc.

Zaheer Khan is a good bowler,but he is way too inconsistent same goes with Ashish Nehra,One or two good fast bowlers will give India a big lead and an allrounder wont hurt either,

Do become a good Odi nation you have to have these options,

Good Bowling attack
Good fielding side
Good batting side
Winning Habit(Which India is lacking behind at this moment)

:clap

Ok chill , India will improve , and India will have a strong side once thier injurys and players are sorted out , greg chappel is a good coach , he'll find out ways to improve , and gangulys always done well as captain expect winning in the finals. If India dont improve , then god help us. India got a improved fielding side.

fardin said:
Do become a good Odi nation you have to have these options,

Good Bowling attack
Good fielding side
Good batting side
Winning Habit(Which India is lacking behind at this moment)

:clap
umm? thats just saying you need a good team..?

Users who are viewing this thread