World Cup 2007 - Preview thread

who do you think is going to win the world cup in 2007?

• Australia

Votes: 44 22.0%
  • Bangladesh

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • England

Votes: 35 17.5%
  • India

Votes: 49 24.5%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 8 4.0%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 36 18.0%
  • South Africa

Votes: 10 5.0%
  • Sri Lanka

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • West Indies

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Zimbabwe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Scotland/Bermuda/Ireland/Canada/Netherlands/Kenya)

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
bharat said:
ok,I think it will any one of the 14 teams which is going to win the WC 07.

One of the 14 teams???

Oh sorry I forgot that you also have included India :D :D :D

Good luck Pak >>> if not good luck for the semi >> sure they will get to da semifinal this time ?????

Cricket World Cup

1992 Pak Won
1996 IN pak
1999 Pak in final
2007 ????

usy57_pak said:
Good luck Pak >>> if not good luck for the semi >> sure they will get to da semifinal this time ?????

Cricket World Cup

1992 Pak Won
1996 IN pak
1999 Pak in final
2007 ????

Why did you omit the 2003 World Cup? Its not a sequence of events that is leading up to a Pakistani win in 2007. Pakistan is a good team no doubt and are serious contenders but your sequence of events that might lead to their win sounds stupid! And what is this "1996 IN pak"???? Playing in Pakistan doesnt add up to the sequence!

usy57_pak said:

Cricket World Cup

1992 Pak Won
1996 IN pak
1999 Pak in final
2007 ????

In 1992 pakistan won , in 1996 pakistan got thrashed out by India in the quarter-finals ., in 1999 pakistan got to the final but lost, in 2003 pakistan got no further than the first round , in 2007 who knows .

But still I think its India in 2007.

96 they hosted it .. in pak means was in pakistan ...

And India got trashed by Pakistan in 2005 tour .... dont u think ;)

To know more about cricket world cup

http://www.icc-cricket.com/events/worldcup/

2003 South Africa
1999 England
1996 India/Pakistan/Sri Lanka
1992 Australia/New Zealand
1987 India/Pakistan
1983 England
1979 England
1975 England

:rolleyes:

2003 well pakistan had bad luck .. the best team it was i think

yes it was the best on paper no doubt about that.
when you got akram,anwar and waqar and saqlain you are on top of the world only thing was that they did not convert any thing into the material.

yeh they were .. but if u look down the history of pakistan cricket wasim akran is better then any bowler in ODI ... dont u think he is better then akther ... dont u know saeedz odi 192 runs recort ...

I dont mean pakistan was the best team in 2003 .. but it was the best team pakistan had after 92 team

2003 was bad luck for Pakistan? No way! As stevie says, they were beaten by better teams and brilliant performances - James Anderson from England, Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid and Yuvraj Singh from India!

Pakistan was not a bad team in world cup 2003, they had Anwar, Inzy, Yohanna, Razzaq, Akram, Waqur, Saqlian and Akthar. They got beaten by better teams With and outstanding bowling performance by England, Symonds batted well for Australia, and Tendulkar and co batted brillaint agasint Pakistan.

Last edited:
yeh thats what i am trying to say ... Pakistan was a better team then this 1 dont u think ????

but pakistan is getting better and better ..

yeah, but dont use the words "bad luck" !!! also contributing to your defeat was some bad bowling (by shoaib for instance in the india match!).

but admit pakistani team now is able to beat india , maybe then the 1 in 2003

Users who are viewing this thread