World Cup 2007 - Preview thread

who do you think is going to win the world cup in 2007?

• Australia

Votes: 44 22.0%
  • Bangladesh

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • England

Votes: 35 17.5%
  • India

Votes: 49 24.5%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 8 4.0%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 36 18.0%
  • South Africa

Votes: 10 5.0%
  • Sri Lanka

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • West Indies

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Zimbabwe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Scotland/Bermuda/Ireland/Canada/Netherlands/Kenya)

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
usy57_pak said:
but admit pakistani team now is able to beat india , maybe then the 1 in 2003

where are u taking this discussion? we're talking abt the 2003 worldcup!

Pak_cricketer said:
nahi yaar pakistan's team is better now cause of teamwork..

yes i dont disagree that they're better now...

but the discussion was on the 2003 world cup!

i think they will do well in the 2007 world cup and are serious contenders!

saisrini80 said:
yes i dont disagree that they're better now...

but the discussion was on the 2003 world cup!

i think they will do well in the 2007 world cup and are serious contenders!
Pak no way.They cant beat our England and neither Aus,NZ,SL

I bet on England to win the world cup 2007

It will be out of England and a very young talented Australia.

What a final that would be.

If India keeps on I improving and they play as a team ( if they ever do), and when they get thier whole full strength squad back with Tendulkar, and I so wish that Tendulkar plays the same way like he did in world cup 96, 03 and sharjah 98. The bowling coming good with pathan and Nhera bowling good spells, and India needs a good leg-spinner which batsmen cant read, then Indias got a chance.

You can't look past australia for 3 in a row. But i've got a feeling that like SL in 95, someone is going to pop up out of the blue and take this one - I like both the Pakistanis and NZ for this one.

I don't think the Aussie one day line-up will change much from where it's at now - I really think Warnie should come out of retirement for this one though, with his new found batting ability.

THe aussies have had the rotation system in place for years - they were given a lot of stick for being up themselves by resting key players during several VB series to give younger players a go. But then look at 2003 - injuries and drug inquiries left the aussies with what seemed a weak looking lineup - but when you have 5-10 players with 50 odd ODI games up their sleeves waiting in the wings, little things like this don't matter. And going into this next world cup, the aussies still have a massive pool of experienced talent (young and old) to choose from - they will be very hard to beat, even if key players succumb to injury.

But watch out for those Kiwis - they are probably still a bowler short of being a powerhouse, but with Bond back in full flight, they are every chance of providing some huge upsets.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Warne should still play in odis, hogg isn't a good spinner and he conceds lots of runs, wheras warne can trun the game round into aussie favour, grab vital wickets at vital stages and can conced less runs, warne is quite handy in his batting as well.

rash3228 said:
I think England has great chance for winning world cup '07 after the win of Ashes. ;) ;) ;)
England have always had a good chance. But it will be interesting this time seeing as they are playing as a 'whole'

It would be india seeing as many would be playing their last world cup and i think they would really like to win this one.

Viv-richards got a winners medal so as, Imran khan, Wasim akram, S wuagh, Warne, Murali, Rantatunga, De silva, Gavasker, Kapil dev, Miandad, Mcgrath, Border, Holding, Garner got one. Should'nt the great Tendulkar get one ?, will find out in many Indians last world cup ever in 07.

iceman_waugh said:
It would be india seeing as many would be playing their last world cup and i think they would really like to win this one.
yes it will be interesting to watch..& may i know which players are retiring after the WC 2007

scorpion_rulezz said:
yes it will be interesting to watch..& may i know which players are retiring after the WC 2007

Most probably Anil Kumble will only retire immediately after the WC2007. Sachin and Rahul might play for one more year after the World Cup! Sachin and Rahul are both 32 and have three more years left in them! If Saurav lasts till the Wc2007, he might be another candidate who will retire immediately after the World Cup

Users who are viewing this thread