World Cup 2007 - Preview thread

who do you think is going to win the world cup in 2007?

• Australia

Votes: 44 22.0%
  • Bangladesh

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • England

Votes: 35 17.5%
  • India

Votes: 49 24.5%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 8 4.0%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 36 18.0%
  • South Africa

Votes: 10 5.0%
  • Sri Lanka

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • West Indies

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Zimbabwe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Scotland/Bermuda/Ireland/Canada/Netherlands/Kenya)

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
The thing is in world cup 03, Sachin played the whole world cup as a injured cricketer and people had doubts in Sachins ability, but in wc 03 he played amazing, and showed what he can do weather is mellowed down or not.

It well be an unforgetable match if in the final of the World Cup it's:

England vs. Australia - "The Return of the Ashes"

Or

India vs. Pakistan - "The stadiums well be overloaded, every TV in the house well be on and the match well be on until the last ball" :happy

I hope India wins but they always secure up in the end, unlike Australia, but I honestly think England well win this World Cup!

I bet you its going to India vs Pakistan.
apprently this will be most of the Indian players last world cup, and Indias been losing a lot of finals ( is it a blessing to win the next world cup?), Tendulkar, dravid, Ganguly, Kumble and co will want to end thier careers in style, Inzys already got a winners medal. Indias also been losing consistanly to pakistan. could India save thier best when it matters most?, who knows.

I'm going for the Aussie's, ofcourse.
Right now we have the Men's and Women's World Cups,
and as said before, the talent we having coming through is impressive,
but as for the age comments, age means nothing, skill means everything.

I do have a sneaking suspicion South Africa will do well.
I'd also like to see Greg Chappell's work on India come to fruition,
they'll be a chance, but something tells me the Cup isn't going to be theirs,
and not England's aswell, but they both will be firm favourites.

Andrew.

Obviously I will supporting India to win the world cup in 07, My heart says India is going to win, but my gut feeling is the aussies going to take it in 07 agian. With New Zealand in the final.

I support England...........coz england got limitless potential if they can beat aussies then they can do anything

Cricketlover said:
I support England...........coz england got limitless potential if they can beat aussies then they can do anything

Just becuase England beat the aussies does not mean they can do anything, from what I'v seen Australia was'nt playing at thier best or did'nt have thier full strength squad when England beat the aussies, In that 2nd test it should have been an aussie win becuase kaspo was not out, but unfourtonatly he was given out. Just wait until the Poms come to India, then you'll find out what they can do.

But then agian Englands got potentiol in that line up, they have got a class allrounder Flintoff, smashbucket player Pieterson, bowlers like Harminson and s jones and batsmen like Tresco, vuaghan, struass, and a world class feilder Collingwood.

Dohbot said:
Canada will win

No they wont, they hardly play any cricket agaisnt tough countries, and thier players havent faced the likes of murali, akthar or b lee.

Big_Boss said:
It well be an unforgetable match if in the final of the World Cup it's:

England vs. Australia - "The Return of the Ashes"

Or

India vs. Pakistan - "The stadiums well be overloaded, every TV in the house well be on and the match well be on until the last ball" :happy

I hope India wins but they always secure up in the end, unlike Australia, but I honestly think England well win this World Cup!

If its an India vs Pakistasn final, be assured that I wont watch it.
Already an India vs Pakistan match is a high voltage high tension one. And if its a World Cup final, it would be too heavy for the heart for fans of both sides if their team loses the final!

1-england ,2-austrlia,3-pakistan,4-srilanka,5-india

india never been a good team.They have win %age 68% when tendulkar is playing.Without tendulkar there win %age is rusty36%.whenever india wins its b.c of tendulkar.so i dont think india will play w.c2007 final as tendulkar is in trouble.

I Think Faisalabad Wolves Win The World Cup Lol......
Pakistan Will Win The World Cup 2007

Haha soo funny , i forgot to laught ...

just jokin chill

hope they were international team

Bravo said:
1-england ,2-austrlia,3-pakistan,4-srilanka,5-india

india never been a good team.They have win %age 68% when tendulkar is playing.Without tendulkar there win %age is rusty36%.whenever india wins its b.c of tendulkar.so i dont think india will play w.c2007 final as tendulkar is in trouble.

remember, a world cup brings up the most unpredictable of things! and tendulkar is out of trouble and is expected to return back soon enough into the team!

lets wait n watch!

i personally think pakistan will win the WC 2007... and i hope its a pak vs eng final its never done before and omg the pressure of that match! and the team who wins will be partying all way...

Users who are viewing this thread