Wrestling thread

Wow 100 pages, this must be the longest thread in the whole of planetcricket!

I am thinking its just that Mr McMahon is retiring and won't be going on TV from now on, but will still be head of everything behind the scenes...its time for Shane and Stephanie to take over...well on screen anyway...

The key thing to remember is that at the moment he is only presumed to have died in the accident. I wouldn't rule out a return to the screen. Not quite sure how they'll do it but if that's the plan then I guess they have something worked out.

The sad thing about this whole McMahon sorry line is that it overshadows the death of “Sensational” Sherri, a hall of famer and great manager\wrestler (as far as the women go) back in the day.

O i dint no about tht, they have never even mentioned it

Well until the conform his on screen death he'll still be able to make a reappearance on WWE when he wants to. Don't see why they would want to pull a stunt like this though, could have just said he wanted to take a step back or losing the ECW title has driven him crazy.

Well yeh but surely they will try and keep the programming as real as possible...not many people would survive a car bomb...

Well until the conform his on screen death he'll still be able to make a reappearance on WWE when he wants to. Don't see why they would want to pull a stunt like this though, could have just said he wanted to take a step back or losing the ECW title has driven him crazy.

The only reason for the stunt is due to the angles and publicity they can drag from it. Apparently, the WWE has been seeing it's heaviest traffic for a long time as well as the trashier press writing articles about it.

Expect a massive whodunnit storyline to follow over the coming weeks and maybe even a few 'beyond the grave' appearances from the one and only VKM.

Well yeh but surely they will try and keep the programming as real as possible...not many people would survive a car bomb...

It's wrestling - anything can happen.

Well maybe they will say it was a McMahon impersonator. There is so many storylines they could spin until the say it was McMahon body.

whoever believes that vince is really dead can read the following:http://http://www.timesleader.com/news/breakingnews/20070612_12wwe_breaking.html
Courtesy: Times Reader Breaking News:

WILKES-BARRE TWP. – Did Vince McMahon, who’s bluffed and blustered his way into the ringmaster’s role of the testosterone-fueled soap opera that is professional wrestling, really fall for the old bomb-in-the-limo trick?
Related headlines

* An explosion of publicity for McMahon?
* Mid-Day Note: In search of Vince McMahon

Though World Wrestling Entertainment would have you believe otherwise, the answer is no.

“No one was in any danger,” said Steve Poremba of Monday night’s WWE RAW spectacle at the Wachovia Arena, though he would not elaborate until WWE had sent out a news release.

Despite articles on the wrestling federation’s Web site that firefighters and federal agents are investigating, workers at the Luzerne County 911 Center confirmed that it was “a stunt” and that no emergency vehicles were called to the arena on Monday night.

FBI officials have not yet returned a call.

But fans from across the country have been contacting local media to confirm reports that McMahon, the chairman of the board of WWE, was blown up in a fiery limo-bombing on his very own “Mr. McMahon Appreciation Night,” which was televised on USA Network. McMahon had walked out of the building to the waiting vehicle, so fans inside the arena saw the same televised live scene.

Only it was wasn’t live. Supervised by Zenith Pyrotechnology, based in Deer Park, N.Y., the explosion was actually filmed at the arena late Saturday night, the footage of the burning hulk taped Sunday night and the whole mess spliced together, said Andy Kratz, the township’s zoning officer.

“They did it, I believe, at 11 o’clock at night until 3 a.m. so no one would be around,” he said, adding that it was done in a section generally blocked from public view by the building and surrounding land features.

The pyrotechnics company had to get permits, which Kratz said they did about a week ago. “We have pyrotechnics shows in the arena all the time” for wrestling and ice skating, among other things, he said. “They say they do this quite a bit,” but usually not outside.

Representatives of the pyrotechnics company have not returned calls for comment.

The stunt seems to be part of an ongoing story of McMahon’s spiral into insanity, which wwe.com has been supporting with repeated updates of the faux-bombing story.

“Over the last few weeks on WWE programming, the swaggering, well-off billionaire seemed to unravel right before the eyes of millions. … Mr. McMahon even cited the looming of a “black cloud” last week – a cloud very similar to the post-combustive smoke that billowed above his limousine tonight,” the Web site reported. “The ominous reality is that what was brushed off as incoherent ramblings of a broken man and former ECW World Champion actually may have proven to be an exercising of a recently discovered sixth sense.”

WWE representatives have not yet returned a call for comment.

Another Sad day in WWE history .....Sensational Sherri also passed away :(

I'm going for the 'faked his own death' storyline to come about a few months down the line. There's defianately the chance, although I guess they'd have to come up with a reason as to why the character would need to do that. Meh. who knows where they'll go with this.

As long as WWE continues, which it obviously will, i'm not bothered to be honest

This sucks, Vince is treating his 'death' like a real death on Smackdown.
This is a terrible idea for a storyline like Aussie1st has said.
Imagine if he walks down the streets of Greenidge, Connnecticut and someone who actually belives he is dead see's him!

So would this mean Steph would comeback? I'm assuming she must be working on her own career so Shane would become the new head of WWE.

Users who are viewing this thread