Wrestling thread

I think they should be able to draw fans and publicity by putting on good shows with good rivalries. They shouldn't have to resort to "killing off" someone. TNA can do it, why cant WWE

Because TNA has great talent to work with. WWE only have limited talent, but WWE seem like they're going a bit publicity crazy pulling off a stunt like this.

WWE has always done things like this, Hogan ramming an ambulance with Rock in, Austin tipping a car off a crane with someone inside. It's hardly as if it's a new road that they're gone down.

Even catching Caskets alight with 'people inside' is in the same ball park, where were you all when that happened?

Last edited:
Because the matches are complete works. The results are always pre-determined and have been for 100 years. You can't have a legit professional wrestling match, they're dull as dishwater.

Fair enough. I'd rather watch it as a soap opera than watch dull matches any day! I mean it beats the pants off of the British wrestling shoved down our throats in the 80's!!!

Are all matches scripted then? Or is it sometimes actually the better man who wins? I'm relatively new to the WWE, I've only been watching for a few years.

Are all matches scripted then? Or is it sometimes actually the better man who wins? I'm relatively new to the WWE, I've only been watching for a few years.

They are not scripted as such, but the winner is decided before the match begins, and the wrestlers go out there and pull off ther moves and stuff, and maybe they hav a scripted ending, e.g John Cena Fu'ing Khali off the crane, that was probably scripted...but in general the wrestlers go out there and make the match up...the ending of a match is decided when the announcer makes a signal to the referee...becos if it goes on any longer the crowd will get bored....Grapples are used for the wrestlers to communicate and tell each other what to do next....and the referee gives the wrestlers ideas what to do...but the matches arent totally scripted.

sd92 pretty much nails it.

Wrestlers will work certain things out prior to the match but only the really big spots - other than that it's done on the fly during the match.

I was just thinking...how could you work something out with the Great Khali...he wouldn't be the easiest to talk to?

I was just thinking...how could you work something out with the Great Khali...he wouldn't be the easiest to talk to?

I'm probably wrong but they probably use a translator.

he would speak english... it just wouldnt be his first language

He barely speaks any English, he knows basic english, but not a lot, and hes still working on it...i think WWE should bring back the Punjabi prison...it would be good in ecw lol

Because TNA has great talent to work with. WWE only have limited talent, but WWE seem like they're going a bit publicity crazy pulling off a stunt like this.

Good point, well made

Just to inform you all of the full WWE 2007 Draft results, includng Sunday's Supplemental draft on WWE.com:

2007 WWE Supplemental Draft Results:
Pick #1 - Paul London & Brian Kendrick (to Raw from Smackdown)
Pick #2 - Kenny Dykstra (to Smackdown from Raw)
Pick #3 - Viscera (to ECW from Raw)
Pick #4 - The Sandman (to Raw from ECW)
Pick #5 - Hardcore Holly (to Smackdown from ECW)
Pick #6 - The Miz (to ECW from Smackdown)
Pick #7 - Daivari (to Raw from Smackdown)
Pick #8 - The Major Brothers (to Smackdown from ECW)
Pick #9 - William Regal (to Raw from Smackdown)
Pick #10 - Victoria (to Smackdown from Raw)
Pick #11 - Jillian Hall (to Raw from Smackdown)
Pick #12 - Eugene (to Smackdown from Raw)
Pick #13 - Johnny Nitro (to ECW from Raw)

2007 WWE Draft Results (from Monday)
Pick #1 - The Great Khali (to Smackdown from Raw)
Pick #2 - The Boogeyman (to ECW from Smackdown)
Pick #3 - King Booker with Sharmell (to Raw from Smackdown)
Pick #4 - Chris Benoit (to ECW from Smackdown)
Pick #5 - Torrie Wilson (to Smackdown from Raw)
Pick #6 - Chris Masters (to Smackdown from Raw)
Pick #7 - Bobby Lashley (to Raw from ECW)
Pick #8 - Ric Flair (to Smackdown from Raw)
Pick #9 - Snitsky (to Raw from ECW)
Pick #10 - Mr. Kennedy (to Raw from Smackdown)

This draft is utter tosh...i was expecting that they use the draft to strengthen the ECW roster...and all they do is take away the best people from Smackdown and ECW and put them on RAW...and then move Chris Benoit to ecw as some sort of conselation...ECW only has one original left, and even he doens't do much...im disapointed by this

I don't think Benoit should be going to ECW! It's a backwater compared to Smackdown and RAW!

I really can't see why they've moved the Sandman to raw. The guys been on the verge of being fired for the past 6 months.

whats the deal with the sandman? hes one of my favourites but he never wins lol

Users who are viewing this thread