Wrestling thread

Just to make the cruiserweight division more of a joke, a midget is now the champion...

GAB sucked. Personally, Lashley should have won, but I suppose HHH will be the new WWE Champion, when he returns..

Personally, I don't think so. It's becoming slightly clearer that HHH will probably go after King Booker when he comes back.

I just have a question that I'd be intruiged for some of the WWE fans to answer. What is it that makes you not like TNA and what is it that makes you like WWE? I really like TNA personally, but I'd be interested to hear the other side of it.

Note: Please, please, please don't give any answers which are plainly wrong e.g. WWE has better wresting when it clearly doesnt or you'll just get me arguing. Thank you :)

I just have a question that I'd be intruiged for some of the WWE fans to answer. What is it that makes you not like TNA and what is it that makes you like WWE? I really like TNA personally, but I'd be interested to hear the other side of it.

Note: Please, please, please don't give any answers which are plainly wrong e.g. WWE has better wresting when it clearly doesnt or you'll just get me arguing. Thank you :)

Because WWE got more darma in it and No one really watch TNA Just a few people do

How big are the arenas though?

I've watched a bit of TNA and just can't get into it. The X division is fun and you know that the likes are Angle, Cage and Joe will put on a good match but the rest of the roster just doesn't do it for me.

It's not helped by the fact they try to cram 25 wrestlers into an hour long show and they do go for the gimmick match way too often.

I do like Ring of Honour though - some quality matches there.

Just to make the cruiserweight division more of a joke, a midget is now the champion...

Well, at least he's not a heavyweight and it's not as if the WWE have an active midget division plus he's a damn sight better wrestler than the lump that holds the heavyweight belt.

Last edited:
Well, at least he's not a heavyweight and it's not as if the WWE have an active midget division plus he's a damn sight better wrestler than the lump that holds the heavyweight belt.

Don't diss The Great Khali. He has more charisma than any wrestler past or present. That hand raise and "Blahhhhhhhhhhhh" brings back images of a young Rocky Maivia.

:p

I've watched a bit of TNA and just can't get into it. The X division is fun and you know that the likes are Angle, Cage and Joe will put on a good match but the rest of the roster just doesn't do it for me.

It's not helped by the fact they try to cram 25 wrestlers into an hour long show and they do go for the gimmick match way too often.

Im too short for time to construct a reply to your first part, will do in the morning

As for the second, yes he is :p

i like it that hornswoggle is new Cruiserweight Champ. That division is totally rubbish if you ask me and the best cruiserweight is a main eventer if london and kendrick were singles guys im sure it would be great but WWE hasnt go it right. this might add some more spice to it(hornswoggle being champ)

i think matt hardy should be inline for a big push the fans love him! aparrently the reaction to him at GAB was amazing, Gab was really good.

Khali is an ok Champ. hes not the quikcets athlete rather slow.(unlike big show) but who else is there? Hardy if your lucky? possibly needs a better gimmick. batista has held i to many times....flair once more?

thoughts?

P.s seeing live show on sat night in sing will report reactions afterwards

Imoact Zone (TNA's home arena) is a 1,200 capacity, but the PPV venues around the country are bigger, up to 5,000. I know WWE fill much bigger arenas, but TNA is limited by the Impact Zone at the moment, and could fill much bigger arenas.

I agree, the X division is good and those guys are too, but the rest of the roster is really good too. Persevere and you will get into it and find it is better than WWE.

The hour show is something they are trying to change, but Spike TV won't give them an extra hour yet. Lets hope they do soon. I think the gimmick matches are part of what makes TNA good. You don't see matches like the Ultimate X or Elevation X in WWE, and they are both great matches.

Agreed ROH is good

I've seen that they've been in talks to get the second hour and if they do I hope they use it correctly.

As for the gimmicks I'm not against them but they need to be done well and to be honest I thought that Elevation X was gash. I still think my biggest issue is that some of the roster appear to be really poor and they make the matches look poor and highly scripted - but that is just my opinion and I probably haven't watched enough to make a true assessment.

They do have a god basis for moving onto the next level and becoming a true challenge to WWE (in the WCW sense) but they're going to need to be consistently good.

Last edited:
As for the gimmicks I'm not against them but they need to be done well and to be honest I thought that Elevation X was gash. I still think my biggest issue is that some of the roster appear to be really poor and they make the matches look poor and highly scripted - but that is just my opinion and I probably haven't watched enough to make a true assessment.

Arn't the WWE matches the same in this respect?

Users who are viewing this thread