Wrestling thread

Well surely, if all the best talent leaves, then all the viewers will stop viewing. then the tv station will eventually cut the deal and they will go bust.

Kane wrestled a really good match this week on smackdown, all his moves except the chokeslam were executed perfectly it was really good to watch

TNA are constantly bringing in people to fill up the main events. Mostly old WWE guys, but that is neither here nor there. The guys who have been around for a while without a push are disgruntled and want out. Which means that basically when the contracts start to run out, TNA will have about 20 people who all expect to be in the main event. It's terrible management to be honest.

TNA brings in mostly the WWE guys who dont get the push they deserve at WWE. Kurt Angle and Christian Cage are the 2 prime examples. I dont agree with them bringing in some guys, Id like VKM out as well as a few others. TNA's big problem is that they only have a 1-hour TV show and the problem that some of the wrestlers have is not that they arn't Main Eventing, it is that they arn't getting enough TV time. When Impact moves to 2 hours in the autumn this will change.

Fair point, so can you see them going bankrupt in a few years, meaning a possible WWE takeover or something of that nature.

I know Chez and many others won't agree, but i can actually see it happening at some stage

TNA are NOT on the verge of bancruptcy. This is one of the biggest myths around the internet. They have huge financial backing and so are not going to close any time soon. WWE wouldn't take them over anyway, they don't like talented wrestlers.

I don't think they'll go bust, as there will still be enough Indy talent looking for a paycheck to keep their lower card going, but I think a lot of the best talent will leave being fed up with being messed about. In my view, it will basically be a cycle whereby they go back to basics every few years. I'm certain they'll never get close to the WWE unless this all changes.

Here is another big misconception. TNA DOES NOT use Indy talent. They share no wrestlers with ROH and although a few of them work for very small promotions, they have a big priority to TNA. The problem with your theory is that they are already starting to close in on WWE. TNA are just over 5 years old and already the definite No.2 Promotion. They have a far superior product, with the best matches supported by good and unique storylines, not the same reused stuff WWE has lived on since the Monday Night Wars finished. I think TNA will be a problem for WWE in the forseeable future

How do they have a huge financial backing? From who exactly? McMahon is a billionaire, and i don't see any of the TNA owners in the worlds rich list like McMahon is.

Do you know who the TNA owners are? TNA's president is Dixie Carter. Her parents own Panda Energy International and have the controlling stake in TNA. Panda Energy are a multi-billion pound company.

So yes, TNA has very good financial backing.

I think i need to watch TNA more, and give it more of a chance. Where can i watch it, as i have only seen a few videos on the net.

Do you know who the TNA owners are? TNA's president is Dixie Carter. Her parents own Panda Energy International and have the controlling stake in TNA. Panda Energy are a multi-billion pound company.

So yes, TNA has very good financial backing.

I wouldn't call them a multi-billion pound company. They have revenue of $219m and 150 employees. My dads group has more revenue than that in £'s and hundreds more employees. They're not a multi-billion pound company at all

Last edited:
Here is another big misconception. TNA DOES NOT use Indy talent. They share no wrestlers with ROH and although a few of them work for very small promotions, they have a big priority to TNA. The problem with your theory is that they are already starting to close in on WWE. TNA are just over 5 years old and already the definite No.2 Promotion. They have a far superior product, with the best matches supported by good and unique storylines, not the same reused stuff WWE has lived on since the Monday Night Wars finished. I think TNA will be a problem for WWE in the forseeable future

What I meant was that TNA will still pick up guys who have worked the Indys rather than the bigger promotions to form their undercard.

I watched TNA on saturday at 10 pm on Bravo 2 man I love the PPVs of TNA they are way!!!! better then the WWE PPVs

No. Impact is on a 2 day tape delay, airing at 10pm on Saturday. Midweek there are episodes of Impact and some PPVs on in the morning

Yes, and it will mean that TNA can finally put together the show they want to and not have to squeeze everything in

Users who are viewing this thread