Wrestling thread

Kind of. When TNA started up, they felt that calling it the TNA World Title would not mean much, so they paid to use the NWA name which is known around the world really and has a lot of history attached to it. I imagine the NWA either have or will reintroduce their world title at some point, but the TNA World Title has carried on from the NWA World Title that was used in TNA.

Yeah NWA Started like in 1948 but you know I been watching TNA for a month now And I been Watching WWE for like 8 years so that's why I don't really get TNA but Now I do so thanks MUFC.

Basically angles gonna ahve 3 matches cos he is the one that pulls/draws the most fans to watch and having him in 3 matches his a huge bonus for angle lovers

To be fair, Angle is THE only reason that I've caught the last couple of editions of Impact.

I like AJ Styles best personally. He's very talented.

Kind of. When TNA started up, they felt that calling it the TNA World Title would not mean much, so they paid to use the NWA name which is known around the world really and has a lot of history attached to it. I imagine the NWA either have or will reintroduce their world title at some point, but the TNA World Title has carried on from the NWA World Title that was used in TNA.

Close, but not quite.

TNA used to be known as NWA:TNA, as they were a member of the NWA (National Wrestling Alliance). As TNA became the outright 2nd biggest promotion, they felt the need to not be restrained by NWA's rules (The champion has to defend on all the NWA promotions shows and title changes are decided by the NWA). They therefore bought the rights to the title and split off from the NWA. During this time TNA used the NWA belts. Recently TNA and NWA ended their agreements. Therefore, the NWA World Title went back to the NWA promotions to compete for. TNA made a brand new title to replace it, the TNA World Title. The TNA and NWA World Titles are not the same thing.

Same applies to the Tag Titles

Raw was pretty good last night, some nice matches, nice backstage segments etc, overall good.

Close, but not quite.

TNA used to be known as NWA:TNA, as they were a member of the NWA (National Wrestling Alliance). As TNA became the outright 2nd biggest promotion, they felt the need to not be restrained by NWA's rules (The champion has to defend on all the NWA promotions shows and title changes are decided by the NWA). They therefore bought the rights to the title and split off from the NWA. During this time TNA used the NWA belts. Recently TNA and NWA ended their agreements. Therefore, the NWA World Title went back to the NWA promotions to compete for. TNA made a brand new title to replace it, the TNA World Title. The TNA and NWA World Titles are not the same thing.

Same applies to the Tag Titles

I admit I left out a bit of the early background, but there is no way that NWA were deciding on the TNA title changes. Hence when TNA took over the belt, it went from NWA to TNA, as it's the same title in everything but name. Hence me putting that NWA will be bringing back their titles if it's not already been done. But lets face facts, the NWA belt in TNA and the TNA belt is the same championship, some marketing gimmick won't change that.

I admit I left out a bit of the early background, but there is no way that NWA were deciding on the TNA title changes. Hence when TNA took over the belt, it went from NWA to TNA, as it's the same title in everything but name. Hence me putting that NWA will be bringing back their titles if it's not already been done. But lets face facts, the NWA belt in TNA and the TNA belt is the same championship, some marketing gimmick won't change that.

Actually, the TNA belt goes down in the records as a new belt, whereas the NWA title has been taken back to the NWA and the history continues back there, so the NWA belt in TNA and the TNA belt are in fact not the same belt at all.

As for deciding TNA title changes, they did have that power over the NWA branded belts until TNA bought the rights to those belts.

It looks like CM Punk is out of the title picture, and they are using tonights main event, which is CM Punk vs The Miz vs Boogeyman vs Big Daddy V, to get the big man in for the title.

Users who are viewing this thread