Wrestling thread

Well i don't know that as i don't watch TNA. Who do you think should get pushed besides AJ Styles.

There are loads of people they could be pushing instead of pushing crappy old WWE stars.

Sonjay Dutt, Senshi, AJ Styles (pushed), Fallen Angel, Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley, Petey Williams and Jay Lethal to name a few.

I leave the thread for a bit and you all say stuff I disagree with!

Surely that proves that TNA are not as good/don't have as much talent. If WWE upper-mid carders go to TNA are turn out to be main eventers then that's what i think anyway.

Booker was not a Main Eventer in WWE??? News to me! He won KOTR, he won the World Heavyweight Title and held it for ages. He was Smackdown for a long period. Yes, towards the end of his time he was injured and then was unused thanks to backstage disagreements, but he was absolutely Main Event standard.

TNA's a developing company. Whereas WWE has been at the top for years and is the benchmark. You can't expect a smaller albeit up and coming company to all of a sudden nab massive stars, they simply do not have the money at the moment.

For a start, TNA most certainly have money. And secondly: Kurt Angle, Christian Cage and now Booker T. All massive stars from WWE I believe. All at TNA now. They can take big stars and have done and if anyone tries to tell me Angle isn't a big star I will kill them! :p

But I think TNA PPVs are better then wwe PPVs

Good point, well made. I agree

TNA are disappointing me, actually. They're employing more old WWE stars, thus pushing the great young talent they have down the card. TNA is fast becoming a joke.

I know Booker is an older WWE star, but he is still an excellent wrestler. He is by no means a "washed up WWE reject" as some people who go to TNA are sometimes described. Booker is going to do nothing but help TNA thanks to excellent work rate in ring and great talent coupled with charisma in the bucketload. He will be perfect at TNA. As for your point about young talent, I will answer that in a second.

They do have a great roster of stars though. Kurt Angle, Sting, Samoa Joe, A.J Styles, Booker T and god knows all the others that i don't even know about.

Yep, you could keep going: Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley, Jay Lethal, Christian Cadge, Abyss, Rhyno, Chris Harris, James Storm etc. etc.

Yes, but it's the old guys like Sting, Booker T, VKM, Brother Ray, Brother Devon that are getting pushed, when younger talent gets shunted down the roster.

Here we go. If you had said that before TNA got the 2-hour deal then I would have agreed with you, but now I do not. What you have to accept is that most of the young talent is not currently top maine event material which can make people want to start watching TNA, that is the purpose of guys like Sting and now Booker T. I agree with VKM, they should be shunted out and fast. Brother Ray and Brother Devon though, I cannot agree with. What is their current program? Feuding with the X-Division. Genesis, the Motor City Machine Guns beat Team 3D cleanly. What they are doing is the opposite of what you say, they are pushing the younger talent by letting them go over them and giving them the rub of having worked with a team like Team 3D. It is the same elsewhere, Kaz winning a title shot for example. He is a great wrestler so I am thrilled he has got his chance, and has beaten Christian Cage for it as well! TNA is not currently pushing old over young, certainly not.

There are loads of people they could be pushing instead of pushing crappy old WWE stars.

Sonjay Dutt, Senshi, AJ Styles (pushed), Fallen Angel, Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley, Petey Williams and Jay Lethal to name a few.

Dutt is feuding for the X-Division title, Senshi and Daniels are doing as part of XXX, Sabin and Shelley just beat Team 3D together, Jay Lethal is X-Division champion. The only one who isn't being pushed is Petey Williams and that is because I don't think he quite has enough to make it big in TNA.

There you go, TNA is not ignoring the talent on offer

No. No. No. I disagree, they don't have that much money.

Like to back that one up?

TNA are currently owned by Panda Energy International, through Dixie Carter. Panda Energy have and annual revenue of $219 million. They have been pouring money into TNA knowing that it will turn a profit, even losing $1 million a month on it in the first place to try and get it off the ground. Now it is turning a profit and has the full financial backing of the company, so I cannot see how you can say TNA doesn't have much money when they have a Global Company backing them

Exactly. $219m revenue and 150 employees isn't a lot. They don't have loads of money at all. In order to make the company a lot bigger and challenge WWE, they are going to need a lot of financial backing than that, or a lot of luck. That's my point, they are not a multi-billion pound company like people think they are.

If you think they have just 150 employees then you are seriously mistaken/reading Wikipedia wrong. They have 150 employees at their HQ, with many many more worldwide. And since when is $219 million not a lot. It is loads of money! If I had a business making that much I would be very happy.

Yes, there are bigger companies and yes WWE is one of those, but it has more than enough money to fund TNA currently, especially since TNA doesn't have a lot of the wastage which WWE has in terms of employment of non-wrestling staff

I would like to point out $219m is revenue. I don't know if your into business but revenue is not profit. Its the sales for a whole year. And for a national company that isn't a lot.

If you think they have just 150 employees then you are seriously mistaken/reading Wikipedia wrong. They have 150 employees at their HQ, with many many more worldwide. And since when is $219 million not a lot. It is loads of money! If I had a business making that much I would be very happy.

Yes, there are bigger companies and yes WWE is one of those, but it has more than enough money to fund TNA currently, especially since TNA doesn't have a lot of the wastage which WWE has in terms of employment of non-wrestling staff

What you fail to see is that Simon's Dad is worth about £800 million, so Panda don't have much money in comparison.

I would like to point out $219m is revenue. I don't know if your into business but revenue is not profit. Its the sales for a whole year. And for a national company that isn't a lot.

Global company, may I point out. And havinbg had a look at them, they are currently investing heavily rather than waiting to make sales in order to capitalise on failing oil supplies and so are probably not making as much money as they may. Plus may I point out that having that amount of revenue does not mean that they have that amount of money. They will probably have lots of money

What you fail to see is that Simon's Dad is worth about ?800 million, so Panda don't have much money in comparison.

As I said, that is a revenue figure, not an assets or amount saved. I can bet they have more than ?800 million overall.

And whilst you are back, get onto answering the points I made to you. Although I guess you cannot, since your original statements were unbacked exaggerations

That's not my point. I know about their revenue etc and their status as a global company. It is still not a lot to be fair. It's really not.

They do not have over £800m. I have been looking for any suggestions on the owners and they do not appear anywhere on Forbes. And the list on there goes down to £500m.

This is in the end a pointless argument, I dount think any of us can really backup our points of view so I am going to stop arguing. I checked Forbes and their list seemed togo down to $1 billion, but I was probably looking in a different place.

Let me just say, TNA may not be rich, but they do have a decent amount of money

I agree. They have a decent amount of money. But they will need more in order to compete with WWE. Which is my original point.

Users who are viewing this thread