Your best or most stupid dismissals?

Hit a ball along the ground to mid on, given out caught. ;) yes. Along the ground

My most frustrating dismissal is when I try to hit a ground shot on the leg side for a single but the ball flies off the bat and my well set batsman is out caught in the deep :(

I am pretty much pro at that shot as its my bread and butter. Trick is to wait for the ball to pitch and then play that shot

Hit a well time drive to silly point, hit the guy and went straight to bowler for caught and bowled. Could get frustrated as I have never seen that level of physics from any past cricket game

Best dismissal was a fast seamer that got the batsman LBW worst while I was batting was a nick to the keeper that I was sure did not happen.:p

I am pretty much pro at that shot as its my bread and butter. Trick is to wait for the ball to pitch and then play that shot

I'm getting better at the shot as well but the problem is you may play 6 straight shots along the ground but 7th one may pop up in the air maybe due to the change in speed or length of the delivery.

By the way, does "waiting for the the ball to pitch" timing tip holds for fast, fast-medium, medium and also spinners? I find shots being lofted against spinners a bigger concern.

Play no shot, ball hit the back of my bat and straight to the keeper

Not mine, but my AI partner:

Mine :noway :

Last edited by a moderator:
2 stupid ones
: hit ball hard, hits silly midoffs helmet, flies up and bowler runs and takes the catch

: take off for a run but dive prematurely ending up before the crease. Run out.

Best:

A straight fast seam by a left handed bowler bowled me out while I was trying to play a straight shot. I missed by inches (I am left handed batsman btw).

Worse:

So many.

Just had one hard dismissal to take, batting in my debut match as a new batsman for Yorkshire, Durham amass a massive lead, come in at number 5 in my second innings, 3rd ball I face, bowler pitches it outside off stump, I play a cover drive and miss the ball completely or so I thought. Wicket keeper appeals for a catch and remarkably the umpire gives it out. Checked the replays and it's fine but no deviation from the flight of the ball as it passes through the bat.

If I could appeal I would have but it being a first class county match I can't. Would be nice to check hotspot post dismissal to see if I were right or the umpire. Oddly no vibrations as the ball passed. Little hard done by but ahwell.

Worst was the other day when I just didn't press any buttons as I thought it was going wide and it went straight down the middle.

Had one where I went to hit it down the off-side but missed it completely and it bowled me.

Left a ball outside off stump that nipped back towards me a little bit, I left the ball too late and ended up scooping the ball off the back of my bat straight to third man :(

I would rate my most stupid dismissal to be when I was playing spinner and tried reverse sweep and missed, then pressed cancel run button to make sure I am in, but batsman gone up and gone out of the crease to turn back towards stumps,:mad meanwhile wicket-keeper took off the bails.:noway
I was declared out stumped :facepalm

Worst dismissal as of five minutes ago - charging a spinner and getting hit on the body. Keeper runs up behind me, I call return to the crease. Keeper blocks my player from doing so as he is in the way and calmly stumps me.

Users who are viewing this thread