Your custom tours

ethybubs

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
On a side note.. speaking of Steve Waugh.. I rocked up to my club game yesterday to find the man himself at the ground.. heart jumped in my throat thinking our opponents added him to their 11... turns out waughs son was playing in the juniors game before ours!!!

Sam Strauss (Andrew's son) is finishing the summer playing U/14's at my club. Only 8, but looks like he could be something good. :yes

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I've already started the West Indies and, have planned to create the others you have mentioned, However I'll only be making the best XI from each team rather than the full 15-20.

Great! Top 11 should be good enough and ideally I would add another 4 players to make it a squad of 15 :thumbs

The on-disc Aus 1940s "historic" team is the invincibles, see first post of the linked thread. A lot of the players need work though they're randomish so far. I'm gonna revisit that.

Also a few SA from 1970 done too because they're part of on disc SA all time

Earlier I was thinking of having a round robin series between the ATXI of all the Test nations but there's something different about a great team playing at one time. I suspect WI of 80s will come on top owing to that fabulous bowling lineup and strong batting headed by Haynes, Greenidge and Richards but let's wait & see what DBC 14's simulation says.

AnshtheDj

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Option to play triangular/quadrangular series on a tour

There's 75 Tours now in the Academy, we moved them all over in the last update.

If you only see one or around 16 then you will need to remove (copy it somewhere else) your save file to see them.

I removed my .sav file onto desktop, relaunched CA beta and I could see all the different tours that you guys have created. But they are from starting 2013 onward. It's not a problem as I can always create custom tour of my liking or replicate a particular tour schedule of the years gone by.

What I wanna have is the option to add triangular,quadrangular ODI/T20 series onto a particular tour, like in the 90's. Like say, I want be able to add another team, say NZ, onto SA's tour of AUS and play triangular CB series with best-of-3 finals, either ODI or T20 format. I know ODI tri-series are a dead beast now, but they were so much fun when they were an annual fixture in Australia in Jan-Feb every year. So many memories attached to ODI tri-series/Quadrangular series in Australia, SA, India, Sharjah, Singapore while growing up in the 90's and early 2000's. :p

I could see the option of "Add another team" is grayed out in CA beta. Is it going to be available in DBC 14 full version ?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Great! Top 11 should be good enough and ideally I would add another 4 players to make it a squad of 15 :thumbs

Earlier I was thinking of having a round robin series between the ATXI of all the Test nations but there's something different about a great team playing at one time. I suspect WI of 80s will come on top owing to that fabulous bowling lineup and strong batting headed by Haynes, Greenidge and Richards but let's wait & see what DBC 14's simulation says.

i'd be keen to have a 70s/early80s WI playing what the South Africa team of that time would have been. Would be a hell of a contest.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
i'd be keen to have a 70s/early80s WI playing what the South Africa team of that time would have been. Would be a hell of a contest.

Absolutely. One of the regrets I have as a cricket fan is we missed out on the SA team of 70s. That team was loaded with potential stars in Barry Richards, Procter, Pollocks, Barlow plus others like Clive Rice (supposedly one of the finest all rounder at his peak) could have joined them.

HBK619

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I removed my .sav file onto desktop, relaunched CA beta and I could see all the different tours that you guys have created. But they are from starting 2013 onward. It's not a problem as I can always create custom tour of my liking or replicate a particular tour schedule of the years gone by.

What I wanna have is the option to add triangular,quadrangular ODI/T20 series onto a particular tour, like in the 90's. Like say, I want be able to add another team, say NZ, onto SA's tour of AUS and play triangular CB series with best-of-3 finals, either ODI or T20 format. I know ODI tri-series are a dead beast now, but they were so much fun when they were an annual fixture in Australia in Jan-Feb every year. So many memories attached to ODI tri-series/Quadrangular series in Australia, SA, India, Sharjah, Singapore while growing up in the 90's and early 2000's. :p

I could see the option of "Add another team" is grayed out in CA beta. Is it going to be available in DBC 14 full version ?
You can do a Tri-Series, you just have to select the 3 team option in the competition part of the Tour Designer.:)

LEFF

Club Captain
@TheLef, that is absolutely awesome. It will be nice bumping into people i have only seen on tv

Its fantastic... im lucky enough to live in a part of Sydney where alot of past and present international players currently reside.

Its not unusual to 'accidently' kick Shane Watsons dog while he is walking him around my area...(true story) whoops.. lol

Last edited:

The_Pharoah

International Coach
don't forget...with the upcoming proposed changes from the ICC, we could be having an Ireland vs Afghanistan test series probably played in Dubai. Or, the Irish team can tour Afghanistan :eek:

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
don't forget...with the upcoming proposed changes from the ICC, we could be having an Ireland vs Afghanistan test series probably played in Dubai. Or, the Irish team can tour Afghanistan :eek:

after seeing the turn out in the recent SAF vs PAK test series, i hope dubai never gets to host another test match. it is downright embarrassing to see two world class teams play infront of 25 people in the stadium, where 11 of them are security guards and 7 are boys who collect the ball.

Gentoras

International Cricketer
Even the Sri Lankan one recently,,,my brother even asked if that match was boycotted or a closed door game,,,really embarassing

The_Pharoah

International Coach
after seeing the turn out in the recent SAF vs PAK test series, i hope dubai never gets to host another test match. it is downright embarrassing to see two world class teams play infront of 25 people in the stadium, where 11 of them are security guards and 7 are boys who collect the ball.

yep I also saw the Sri Lanka v Pak test match at Dubai...empty stadium. :noway

Lebanna

Club Captain

I could only follow the game on cricinfo so I didn't see the ground - was it like that for the whole game or only some of the time? (ie while people were at work vs when they weren't)

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
I could only follow the game on cricinfo so I didn't see the ground - was it like that for the whole game or only some of the time? (ie while people were at work vs when they weren't)

Whole game. Saw the entire game. Knowing dubai and the general south asian people living there tend to work in odd jobs a lot. So understandable of them not showing up during a test match which is traditionally viewed by that particular demographic as "boring". They are just simply not interested in watching test matches. The odis on the other hand had decent crowd. Pakistan's home games need to happen in pakistan, not anywhere else. It is quite ridiculous that they have not been able to convince bcci ICC about security.

JasXI

Club Captain
It is quite ridiculous that they have not been able to convince bcci ICC about security.

IIRC they had asked New Zealand and then Sri Lanka to tour Pakistan, but both refused. Don't think ICC or BCCI have any say in that.

Last edited:

Pat

International Coach
It is quite ridiculous that they have not been able to convince bcci ICC about security.

I was very tempted to post a sarcastic comment but seriously, people on this forum need to stop blaming BCCI for every damn thing.

Users who are viewing this thread