Your custom tours

Pat

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think you are correct. What a contest that would be! Also some of the best XIs against the WI XI with the likes of the 3Ws and all would be absolute delight to play.

Not sure if it's going to be possible but would be a delight to watch AI vs AI playing with such great teams from different eras.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I think you are correct. What a contest that would be! Also some of the best XIs against the WI XI with the likes of the 3Ws and all would be absolute delight to play.

yeah the classic-type matches are some of the things i'm most looking forward to.

the WI on-disc all time team only has 2 of the 3Ws - i think it's worrell or weekes missing. it's a competitive roster to get onto, but still, only 2 of them. unbelievable.

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Not sure if it's going to be possible but would be a delight to watch AI vs AI playing with such great teams from different eras.

I know it would be nowhere near as delightful as watching them play in real but we all know that is not possible so at least we can create new memories playing in game. Hopefully, the gameplay will be as real too.

Samuels

WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
yeah the classic-type matches are some of the things i'm most looking forward to.

the WI on-disc all time team only has 2 of the 3Ws - i think it's worrell or weekes missing. it's a competitive roster to get onto, but still, only 2 of them. unbelievable.

WI have had so many great batsmen in the past that it is absolutely impossible to be 100% satisfied with even a 20 men squad. I somehow managed to put what I feel is the best possible squad in my all time best squad list.

]1890s/ Pre WWI

W.G.Grace
A.Shrewsbury/ Trumper (if you would allow it)
S.Jackson
K.Ranjitsinjhi
C.Bannerman
J.blackham
H.Trumble
T.Richardson/ S.F.Barnes (if you would allow it, although I'm not 100% sure it would be Richardson I'd take out.)
J.J.Ferris
F.Spofforth
G.Lohmann

I am not sure Spofforth would like Blackham as the gloveman of his team. :p Jokes apart, I can see the likes of C.B. Fry and Clem Hill or even Monty Noble make a good shout for their place in the team.

Last edited:

ethybubs

International Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Originally posted by blockerdave? I see your taking credit for my work again. :spy

Samuels

WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Originally posted by blockerdave? I see your taking credit for my work again. :spy

Apologies for messing the things up when my internet was in the hop on hop off mode. All should be fine now.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

I think that should be in the game. After all in the career mode you do have the option of watching the game when you are in the dressing room. This should be the same thing.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Surely that would be a better option to play the games in England.

I do feel for the majority of Pakistani's who love cricket and miss out because of a small minority of idiots.

I agree.

I also feel very sorry for the Pakistani cricket fans who don't get to see their team live, but unfortunately their desires for live cricket are less important than the players' desires for a safe tour.

Anyway this is a discussion for another forum.

----------

The fact that there are lots of all star teams, and even more historical teams for Aus and Eng, is beautiful. Having all of the stats there is superb and saves a lot of time.

It would have been great if you could have stats up to the time of the tour, e.g. they have a bodyline team but the stats are their career stats. Not a big deal though.

Also for those specific tours it'd be nice if the faces reflected their ages. Although on disc for Aus they have the bodyline and invincibles squads, and I can't recall any player who played in both except Bradman.

AnshtheDj

Club Cricketer
You can do a Tri-Series, you just have to select the 3 team option in the competition part of the Tour Designer.:)

I can't see the option to select 3-team after I select a particular date and hit "Add Competition". I'm using the latest beta version of CA & following are the options currently available there

1. 1/2/3/4/5 match test series
2. 2/3/5 match T20 series
3. 3/5 match ODI series

As you can see, all of the contests are bilateral in nature. I want to be able to add a 3rd/4th team in a bilateral test tour to hold a tri-nation/quadrangular ODI/T20 series. Currently no such option is there and like I had said before, "Add another team" option is grayed out, which should be made available in full version. I also see the option of "3 team One day league" & "4 team one day KO" available in "Competition designer" tab. I genuinely think these option should also be available in "Add Competition" option inside "Tour Designer" tab. This way, the host & touring team will be, by default, in the 3/4 team ODI trophies and I'll only need to choose a 3rd/4th team to get the full schedule.

I hope I've made my wish clear now. Please do grant it!!!! :D

Last edited:

HBK619

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I can't see the option to select 3-team after I select a particular date and hit "Add Competition". I'm using the latest beta version of CA & following are the options currently available there

1. 1/2/3/4/5 match test series
2. 2/3/5 match T20 series
3. 3/5 match ODI series

As you can see, all of the contests are bilateral in nature. I want to be able to add a 3rd/4th team in a bilateral test tour to hold a tri-nation/quadrangular ODI/T20 series. Currently no such option is there and like I had said before, "Add another team" option is grayed out, which should be made available in full version. I also see the option of "3 team One day league" & "4 team one day KO" available in "Competition designer" tab. I genuinely think these option should also be available in "Add Competition" option inside "Tour Designer" tab. This way, the host & touring team will be, by default, in the 3/4 team ODI trophies and I'll only need to choose a 3rd/4th team to get the full schedule.

I hope I've made my wish clear now. Please do grant it!!!! :D
Like I said, the ability to add a Tri-Series is there.

I've added a screenshot of where you select it, in the Tour Designer.

All you need to do to find it, is go to Add Competition and then hit right 9 times.

Attachments

• Tour Competition.png
    Tour Competition.png
    180.8 KB · Views: 66

ethybubs

International Cricketer
Is the tour: Bradman Championship a template or did I make it?

AnshtheDj

Club Cricketer
Like I said, the ability to add a Tri-Series is there.

I've added a screenshot of where you select it, in the Tour Designer.

All you need to do to find it, is go to Add Competition and then hit right 9 times.

Sorry HBK, I'm using CA beta 99.94c but it doesn't have that option.
No matter , how many times I hit right, it toggles between 1/2/3/4/5 match test series, 2/3/5 match T20 series & 3/5 match ODI series :noway

It clearly doesn't have the 3 team One Day league option that u have shown on screenshot. I also have attached the screenshot from my laptop.

Attachments

• Missing Tri-Series.jpg
    Missing Tri-Series.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 11

HBK619

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sorry HBK, I'm using CA beta 99.94c but it doesn't have that option.
No matter , how many times I hit right, it toggles between 1/2/3/4/5 match test series, 2/3/5 match T20 series & 3/5 match ODI series :noway

It clearly doesn't have the 3 team One Day league option that u have shown on screenshot. I also have attached the screenshot from my laptop.
It's possible that is due to an old save file. Copy and paste your saves to another folder so you can create a new one and see if it is there then.

Users who are viewing this thread