Your favorite Cricket player & why?

Right now probably it has got to be Cook just because he is so class so young and the stats don't lie. He's supposed to be about 8 years away from his best lol, if thats the case then he will be up there with all the great batsmen.

But not being biased towards England then it's Mr Lara. The only person other than a united player ever to occupy my myspace background, now that's an honour.

I won't cry when he retires, haven't really seen him play tbh.

My favorite cricketers are Paul Collingwood because he is a top-class fielder, Jonty Rhodes, because he was a top-class fielder, and Sidebottom for his hair, and the fact he is just awesome.

you won't but all indians love him.In asian cricket is very famous because of him.

blackk added 0 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

Freddie. Anyone who can get that bladdered in front of the Prime Minister deserves immediate legendary status.

lol.

blackk added 0 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

Monty.

Just for the fact that he always gives 110%

yeah you are correct...he gives his best he love sachin too.

blackk added 1 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

Alistair Cook. I think his way about himself is awesome. Rarely tries to talk to the press, and when he does its all about the team rather than himself. He is, in my opinion, the model cricketer! He's not too bad with the bat either.

i too like him when he plays well.

blackk added 0 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

Jimmy Anderson and not for the obvious reasons, those being that he's fit. He's my idol in terms of cricket.

strange choice

blackk added 0 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

Jimmy Anderson!!!!??? You Idolise a complete Muppet? Oh well, takes all sorts.

I take it we are talking International players, can't pick a current one so I'll go for an old favourite Viv Richards. Beefy following close behind. The pair of them are the reason I like cricket.

great choice definetely hez Legend.

blackk added 0 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

Sachin - God

Karthik - Class

Badrinath - Class

Ganguly - Awesome leader

Great choice

blackk added 0 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

Dhoni and Vettori. They lead from the front.

ofcourse

blackk added 2 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

not me, not that big of a Sachin fan.

Me I love watching fast bowlers in action especially the slingers. Edwards, Malinga, Tait. Also Jerome Taylor a young fast bowler developing in front of us.

And as of late Dwayne Bravo, he has become quite a cricketer and in the Test series against Australia he has played some great shots. Straight from the IPL.

other than sachin i love waching LARA batting

blackk added 1 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

Matty Haydos, is identical to my batting style, ever since his ASHES Boxing Day tonne in 06, than his 181*, than the world cup, my Idol, love watching him play

i like his power play.not known for his drives but his front foot shots are awesome.When he retires aussies will definetely miss him.

blackk added 1 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Right now probably it has got to be Cook just because he is so class so young and the stats don't lie. He's supposed to be about 8 years away from his best lol, if thats the case then he will be up there with all the great batsmen.

But not being biased towards England then it's Mr Lara. The only person other than a united player ever to occupy my myspace background, now that's an honour.

Best Left hand batsman --LARA

blackk added 0 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

Bowlers i loved watching A. Donald & at present B. Lee & Z.Khan i like

Michael Bevan.

Always played the perfect innings for Australia. Saved us on sooo many occasions. Such a fantastic batsman its a pity his international career ended perhaps a year or 2 earlier than it should have and that he never made it in tests.

my favorite is misbah ul haq... he is a great batsman i love watching him bat... he is a great fielder too...

Michael Clarke.

He is just all class in whatever he does. Graceful attacking- but sensible- batting. Nice tight bowling and can get the break through and one of the best fielders in the world.

I dont like watching Sachin bat as much anymore. I was watching some IPL and his footwork was disgraceful (or his lack of footwork more like it). I dont know if it was an off game but he really looked like had lost it and I hope for the sake of Indias cricket future young kids arent trying to copy his style and footwork.

yeah my other fave is Watson for his 50 off 16 odd balls against new zealand in the world cup. i also have a fave player in each foreign team.
India = Yuvraj (T20 world cup)
Pakistan = Misbah (T20 world cup)
New Zealand = McCullum (IPL)
England = Pieterson (ASHES)
Sri Lanka = boring
WIndies = Shiv awsome player plus his six off last ball in ODI vs Sri Lanka for the win was pretty cool.
SAfrica = Haven't seen them play for a while, will see this summer.

what about jayasuriya? no one can survive when he fires

He's not boring but he's not my fav.

I dont fall in love with just big hitters, I like technique or there might just be something about them I like.

I love Sangakarras cover drive, same with Pup. Probably why its my favourite shot to play.

Do I reallly need to say ? :p

Well, it's Kevin Peter Pietersen obviously. I love the arrogance, his style of batting is incredibly good to watch, he's a strong front foot player (same as myself) and plays in an exciting, attacking fashion. He's also a very humble bloke, very much a team player and from reading his autobiography seems an incredibly passionate and nice family man. Massive fan of him, definitely my idol in cricket terms.

Brendon McCullum's immense aswell.

Michael Clarke.

He is just all class in whatever he does. Graceful attacking- but sensible- batting. Nice tight bowling and can get the break through and one of the best fielders in the world.

I dont like watching Sachin bat as much anymore. I was watching some IPL and his footwork was disgraceful (or his lack of footwork more like it). I dont know if it was an off game but he really looked like had lost it and I hope for the sake of Indias cricket future young kids arent trying to copy his style and footwork.

I completely disagree with you.

Sachin Tendulkar has the best technique in the world.Every Great Player & every Cricketer agreed that.He came from injury.he just won't slogh blindly.he middles the ball.I too agree that he didn't play well in the IPL but you should have remembered in CB series 2008 two finals.Because of him Indian won that series.Hez legend.The people who knows about cricket & knows about real technique never say that his technique is bad.

I completely disagree with you.

Sachin Tendulkar has the best technique in the world.Every Great Player & every Cricketer agreed that.He came from injury.he just won't slogh blindly.he middles the ball.I too agree that he didn't play well in the IPL but you should have remembered in CB series 2008 two finals.Because of him Indian won that series.Hez legend.The people who knows about cricket & knows about real technique never say that his technique is bad.

Every cricket fan knows what a tecnhique is, I'm not an idiot.

Look I was watching a game and he was trying to play cover drives with his feet on middle and leg pretty much.

KP or Freddie.

They are amazing with there skills, Both great at Batting, And Freddie with his bowling, They are just amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread