Your wishlist/suggestions thread

Suggestion: When batting use left and right triggers to take 1 step across either to off or leg. Instead of picking where you take your stance and locking it in, you often see players these days shift to one side when the ball is bowled. If it is short for example you can take a step towards off and clip it fine. Would give more unpredictability and fun to batting, and also bring in edges down legside a bit more. Same token you can back away to leg to give yourself room over the off-side. Of course this would be very risky play, and shot-makers would do it a lot better.

Last edited:
^Good idea. The same can be applied to the bowler use of crease. They can skip to wide off the crease at the last moment instead of starting wide as was the case in previous many games.

Suggestion: When batting use left and right triggers to take 1 step across either to off or leg. Instead of picking where you take your stance and locking it in, you often see players these days shift to one side when the ball is bowled. If it is short for example you can take a step towards off and clip it fine. Would give more unpredictability and fun to batting, and also bring in edges down legside a bit more. Same token you can back away to leg to give yourself room over the off-side. Of course this would be very risky play, and shot-makers would do it a lot better.

It would be better like this, Trigger button for back foot movement and Bumper buttons for front foot movement. I would like to see a game with different initial movements for different batsman, one day.

Online 11 VS 11 T20 game :p

That would be awesome. If you wanted to simulate cricket, you get to be one player, and when you're fielding it would be from your perspective as to where you are fielding - this way you can dive either side when you see the ball coming to you. There is so much that can be done with a cricket game, a pure hardcore simulation would be so cool. Hopefully this game is close to that ~

Even in single player mode, selecting one guy to be within a team - I guess that's like be a pro mode, won't feature in this version though.

Last edited:
That would be awesome. If you wanted to simulate cricket, you get to be one player, and when you're fielding it would be from your perspective as to where you are fielding - this way you can dive either side when you see the ball coming to you. There is so much that can be done with a cricket game, a pure hardcore simulation would be so cool. Hopefully this game is close to that ~

Even in single player mode, selecting one guy to be within a team - I guess that's like be a pro mode, won't feature in this version though.

Cricket is evolving all the time unlike most sports, not just different rules.
Making it a hard game to get near right, let's hope bigant and trickstar take the next step in the future of cricket games.:spy

you get to be one player, and when you're fielding it would be from your perspective as to where you are fielding - this way you can dive either side when you see the ball coming to you.

Are you serious? You want to be able to control just one player and the ai does the rest? I would rather just watch a match on tv. Bowling 5 overs then standing at 3rd man for an hour. Sounds awesome! :rolleyes

Are you serious? You want to be able to control just one player and the ai does the rest? I would rather just watch a match on tv. Bowling 5 overs then standing at 3rd man for an hour. Sounds awesome! :rolleyes

Think he meant in a 11 vs 11 online match.

Fifa does it actually.

We are not talking FIFA which gets millions of dollars every year for developing the game. We are talking cricket where the last game (IC 2010) couldn't even manage to keep 2 players connected for more than a few overs.

We are not talking FIFA which gets millions of dollars every year for developing the game. We are talking cricket where the last game (IC 2010) couldn't even manage to keep 2 players connected for more than a few overs.

lol good point

Haha that's true. But since it's a wishlist thread...we are just wishing for all the near impossible things

hehe, didn't really think it through. In that case of single player, you could choose a new player to control each over and different positions would have different challenges (and accompanied skill level for given position). I think seeing the game from a perspective of 1st slip for an over would be cool, then if you want a change you could control the bowler or whatever. Of course this is quite a hardcore/tactical option, wouldn't be for the casual player... but yes, cricket is a lot about patience, so why not simulate that?

If a team is going after it in a T20, you could field on the boundary and you would be trying to take long catches and run and dive to stop boundaries from the fielders perspective. This is just in my head, don't know how it would work :lol: Yes, one player would be boring, but being able to change player would keep it interesting, obviously then the AI would need to be good - but you could give out bowling plans or they would try to bowl to your field set. Maybe you have a set number of players of which you can 'be' before the game also (half the team? talking about fielding here) but also batting, You can choose every 2nd batsman to control and the AI would control the other guy, (or person if online) and obviously you would have to do the running manually, think fifa be a pro perspective.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread