Your wishlist/suggestions thread

That's almost a copy and paste on the idea I had and posted a few days ago. I should have put a copyright on it. But don't worry, I'm sure my post will be singled out as being off topic and deleted. :rolleyes

Yeah i was thinking the same thing.:D
I thought about this idea also, maybe two days before you
but my spelling is not as good as yours, so i was taking my time.

If this idea gets approved i want some royletees ok bigant.:spy

Yeah i was thinking the same thing.:D
I thought about this idea also, maybe two days before you
but my spelling is not as good as yours, so i was taking my time.

:lol

Seriously though, what are you guys talking about? Cricket is a team sport, there are no boosts in this, you do however gain momentum when you are playing well but that is a natural part of the game therefore what you are trying to achieve isn't even an objective.

It would be great if you put up a video based on career mode. (To let most members who do not have Fifa or just heard of it but not played it can know what it actually is and how it works.)

:lol

Seriously though, what are you guys talking about? Cricket is a team sport, there are no boosts in this, you do however gain momentum when you are playing well but that is a natural part of the game therefore what you are trying to achieve isn't even an objective.

In all forms of sport, there are objectives...both at macro level and at micro level. Macro level objective is obviously to win the match....micro level objectives may vary e.g. when chasing 300 try to score 100 runs in 15 overs without losing more than 2 wickets, try to win with a bonus point, try to limit the scoring to 3 an over for next 5 overs etc., and all these micro level objectives play a huge role in determining the moral, confidence, energy levels, momentum for both the teams. Now, though all of them may not be of utmost importance (as most important is to win the match), they do have a huge role to play in many matches, which is what our suggestions were based upon.

Like, for e.g., if we do manage to score 100 runs in 15 overs with 2 wickets, our team's morale will be get a boost while the opponent's morale will be depleted, thus resulting in more loose balls etc. Another example would be the opponent has just taken 2 quick wickets in the preceding 10 overs the bowlers are bowling well and not giving more than 3 r.p.o, then in this case the opponent will get a mini boost, which would result in hostile bowling effort from them for the next 5 overs. The chances of you getting out in these 5 overs will increase immensely. Now you would have two options here....take the risk and score some runs, which would return the momentum to your side, or play out the 5 overs cautiously which would balance out the momentum. However if you lose wickets in this period, your side would loose even more momentum, thus resulting in an even more hostile bowling effort and more chances of you getting out even when playing defensive shots (can be done by either having the controller vibrating, closing down the timing window, delaying the time when the batsman can view where the ball would pitch etc).

Just consider the above examples. They are very close to the real life cricket, and would add up soooooooooo much depth and variety to the gameplay. And at no time are they affecting the team play (or even the individual's effort) part of the game of cricket. As you know, even in real cricket, there are many mini-battles / mini-objectives played out during the match. The game of cricket is actually made up of such mini-objectives rather than one whole objective. Even a 5 day test match can be lost in just one bad session.

Last edited:
No, I am not arguing with that, just how complicated you made it appear in your earlier post. Of course, if I am batting well or bowling well I should be difficult to stop, Ross has also mentioned about momentum in one of his messages.

No, I am not arguing with that, just how complicated you made it appear in your earlier post. Of course, if I am batting well or bowling well I should be difficult to stop, Ross has also mentioned about momentum in one of his messages.

Yeah, my point is just that (since it is a game) these momentum changing mini-objectives should be displayed to the user (maybe under a 'Captain's Orders' sub menu), atleast on the lower difficulty levels, while at the higher difficulty levels it should be left upto you to ponder over what your strategy would be. What this would also ensure is that you would be more knowledgeable about whether the game has been developed to (noticeably) reward/punish you for the strategies adopted by you and whether you succeed or fail in them?

Right now, in all previous games, you never had any nerves while playing the match. Even if 2-3 wickets fell down, you knew you could play defensive shots without much risk, push the ball for some singles, and then start hitting 4's and 6's at will once the momentum is high.

@ Angad: Ur view is good but its surely next gen...That would become too much complicated for the current gen...Such gameplay with depth would be awesome but can be expected in a future date...If this game of big ant cricket becomes a great hit then they will surely have plans for future cricket games as well....Then only the concept of such depth can become possible...It is because cricket games have ceased for some years now only its coming back...
And Big ant studios have also said that such details will be given in future games but not now...:cheers

For one, I'd really like a few more stadiums in the game.

1. Can you include the Sharjah stadium with a tr-nation / 4-nation tournament ?
2. The manager mode[as in,you select a team of you choice and guide it through for 2 years or so].

3. Ability to create your own tournaments/ invitations to be sent to other countries hoping that they accept it[I know its asking for too much,but if it can be incorporated why not ?]

4. Hongkong Super Sixes, is it possible ?

Probably late with this suggestion, but what about a captain mode in career mode? Never seen a mode like this in any game. So you could become the first.

Yes be a pro mode can add so much to the game. It can be better implemented in cricket than Football imho. Imagine playing as a batsmen in first class cricket and national selectors are there to evaluate you for national selection. The pressure to perform in this big match will be there and if the player can perform, it will feel so rewarding. I hope this feature does make it into the immediate sequel of the upcoming cricket games.

Last edited:
Yes be a pro mode can add so much into the game. It can be better implemented in cricket than Football imho. Imagine playing as a batsmen in first class cricket and national selectors are there to evaluate you for national selection. The pressure to perform in this big match will be there and if the player can perform, it will feel so rewarding. I hope this feature does make in the immediate sequel of the upcoming cricket games.

Am sure if BigAnt's game is a hit, it will introduce this feature in the next title. It is not that difficult to implement provided you have detailed stat tracking available.

Big idea

I was thinking about something, during a match when the dismissal is not easy to give, players shout to put some pressure on the umpire.

If we have to press [X] (or other button) very quickly to shout louder and louder maybe the umpire can give decision for or against us then we can use one of our reviews to try to have a correct decision, what do you think? And you can add a CREDIBILITY bar to avoid shouting abuses

If BigAnt Studios add this to the gameplay it would be great.

Examples :

1st (the lucky one)

I'm bowling with Pakistan Cricket Team, my bowler is Ajmal, during the over a ball goes straight into the leg of the batsman, the logo [X] appear to make my team shout "OUUUUUT EEEE!!!!!" I press at least 10 times then the umpire raise his finger (my credibility bar fills up to 100% if it's really OUT and 75% if not). At 100% the umpire is always with us until a bad shout by my team!

2nd (the clumsy one)

My bowler is Ajmal, during the over a ball goes straight into the leg of the batsman, the logo [X] appear to make my team shout "OUUUUUT EEEE!!!!!" I press at least 10 times then the umpire said NOT OUT! (my credibility bar goes down to 25%) then I take my review and it's really a NOT OUT (my credibility bar goes down to 0%). Then umpire is always doubtful about us until a wicket.

3rd (the unlucky one)

My bowler is Ajmal, during the over a ball goes straight into the leg of the batsman, the logo [X] appear to make my team shout "OUUUUUT EEEE!!!!!" I press at least 10 times then the umpire said NOT OUT! (my credibility bar goes down to 25%) then I take my review and the decision is reviewed (my credibility bar refills up to 50%). Then umpire is always doubtful about himself.

4th (the abusive one)

My team shout on every possible LBW, my credibility bar stays at 0% then the umpire is never sure even if the dismissal is flagrant!

What do you think?

Maybe in the 4th or 5th installment of this series we can have a 'Be an Umpire' mode, where we get to be the umpires and give decisions and make the appropriate gestures/signals :)!!!

Brilliant Game Sir Ross. I made this account just to ask you this. Is there a DRS system in the game? It would a great to have it. It would be unique and many already request it. Please reply sir. :)

Users who are viewing this thread