Yuvraj or Laxman ?

Open with Pathan !

Thats a good option too. Pathan is a solid batsman who can stay in if the situation requires him to do so. He has a test hundred, and is a very reliable batsman. He has a 90 odd to his name as a test opener against Sri Lanka.

No way. Pathan is best served at no.7 making vital 30-40 runs and can also be stick in mud like SAMI.

If Pathan makes 25-30 runs opening and takes the shine off the new ball, you have 6 batsmen who can make big use of that down the order below Pathan. We have Kumble at the bottom who can stick around like that and get that 30-40 runs. Remember Kumble has a test hundred in England.

Last edited:
Pathan has scored 102 v Pak
90 v Sri
88 v Sri
80 odd against POak again.

A couple of innings came when he was promoted to No.3
This was when the first wicket fell cheaply.
I think they can give it a try !

We have Kumble at the bottom who can stick around like that and get that 30-40 runs. Remember Kumble has a test hundred in England.

That was England.
In Australia ball bounces over shoulders. Remember his jaw was broken once by Dillon in West Indies. Have you seen his gloves. They can knock down anyone if hit on face.

I don't think opening with Pathan will be a wise option. It will take the focus away from his bowling and he may lose form such as before. Furthermore, I feel that Aakash Chopra has fully earned a recall to the Test team with fine domestic performances for the past three years. If Karthik should be dropped and replaced, it should be with Chopra.

I don't think opening with Pathan will be a wise option. It will take the focus away from his bowling and he may lose form such as before. Furthermore, I feel that Aakash Chopra has fully earned a recall to the Test team with fine domestic performances for the past three years. If Karthik should be dropped and replaced, it should be with Chopra.

Er...no, because then there wont be room for Yuvraj, because it will work like this in Australia most probably...

1) Jaffer
2) Wall
3) Little Master
4) Laxman
5) Dada
6) Yuvi
7) Dhoni
8) Pathan
9) Jumbo
10) Zaheer
11) RP

Er...no, because then there wont be room for Yuvraj

Er...yes because one Test hundred does not justify playing Dravid (or someone else) out of position, neither does it justify keeping an inform Chopra out of the team.

Opening with Dravid? He did get 2 hundreds at that spot, but I dunno if it's the wisest in the long run.

I don't think Dravid opening will be in the long run. It's fine for a tour though, and then after Australia they can figure out which bat to drop.

I don't think Dravid opening will be in the long run. It's fine for a tour though, and then after Australia they can figure out which bat to drop.

No way should dravid open he uis the best batsman in the team,
if we want to be a world class side we have to get over individuals
we should play people in there positions ,gambhir should open with jaffer

Individuals? It's about who is in form.

We have no quality openers in high form. Chopra seems to be the only one currently in form, with KKD and Gambhir not performing. Even then, it's a risk taking Chopra right into a new series against the Aussies.

If we play Dravid as opener, it allows a middle order full of in-form batsmen. He may be playing out of position, but he has the technique and experience to handle it and fight back. And Jaffer's in form, so thats 2. VVS love the Aussies and has great success, thats an ideal number 3. Then Sachin at 4, Yuvi/Dada at 5/6, Dhoni at 7, Irfan at 8 then Kumble with 9 with two quick bowlers. Works out perfectly.

KKD will be dropped for sure.
Parthiv would make a comeback to the side and open the innings.The lad has really improved his batting.

KKD will be dropped for sure.
Parthiv would make a comeback to the side and open the innings.The lad has really improved his batting.

There is no room for Parthiv in the side, with a headache on Yuvraj being in the starting line-up, I can't see Parthiv getting a look in...

Users who are viewing this thread