India's team for the World Cup 2007

Do you think the current Indian side is fit for the World Cup?

• Yes, the team is perfectly balanced and ready for WC

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • No, we want players like Saurav, Laxman, Kumble,etc. back

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • Can't say

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters

Indiangod

International Coach
nightprowler10 said:
You would have Ganguly in the WC? Would you like him to be the captain as well?

I would like to have him in my world cup sqaud, maybe has vice-captain, he can still play, he has doen well in the domestic games. He is trying very hard to get back into the Indian team.

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
No need of Laxman or Ganguly.
But we need Kumble.He can come instead of R.P.Singh
My 14 member squard would be:

Rahul Dravid(c),Virender Sehwag(vc),Sachin Tendulkar,Yuvraj Singh,Mohammad Kaif,Suresh Raina,M.S.Dhoni(wk),Irfan Pathan,Harbajan Singh,Anil Kumble,Agit Agarkar,S.Sreesanth,Munaf Patel & Romesh Powar.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I wouldn't bring Ganguly back, either. He is not a slash-bang opener anymore, as much as he may try to be. I think the main place our team will be changing is with the bowling line-up, we may get a few of the experienced pacers back in and around the team. This is sad, because it is usually the batsmen who let us down!!

Also, India need to improve their overall fielding tremendously. This especially includes catching and throwing. The Indians inability to throw down the stumps in the Windies series has been appalling.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
sohummisra said:
Also, India need to improve their overall fielding tremendously. This especially includes catching and throwing.

They have improved a lot now a days!!!!

Raina, Kaif and Yuvi are three Rhodes of India!!!!

For the world cup, they need lot of practice..... thts it... team they are having now(also Sachin to be included) is the right composition!!!!

Chappell has laid the the strong base now!!! Its important to build it strong before the world cup...Already half of this construction over... !!!!

:happy :happy :happy

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I think in the Windies series, they took a few steps down the ladder, in terms of fielding. Our fielding was atrocious, and one of the prime reasons that we lost the series.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
sohummisra said:
I think in the Windies series, they took a few steps down the ladder, in terms of fielding. Our fielding was atrocious, and one of the prime reasons that we lost the series.

That may be partly according to me!!!! Inability to chase 199,250 plus are the prime ones!!!!

The main irritating thing was, in one match for last 15 overs, India got 46 runs...this is terrible....
Before going to WC, they have to rectify these small small flaws in the team.... if they score the same in the Wc, thts it....chapter over!!!!
Also Indians shd knw to do tricks with the slow balls as Bravo did. Otherwise we might struggle even to lower opposition teams!!!!

Well, Agarkar and Pathan has that ability!!!! they shd be made more mature befor the WC!!!! Sreesanth or Munaf can provide them a gud support!!!

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Inability to chase isn't a reason. Poor batting is. But poor fielding allowed the Windies to score more runs and gain momentum. It looked like there was a strong magnetic field surrounding the stumps. Yuvraj's various missed run outs cost us Game 2, and I think from 2-0 up, we would have done well to wrap up the series.

Fielding is also what the Windies used to gain an advantage over India. The accurate bowling was always backed up by brilliance in the field (barring Game 1) which always put a doubt in the batsman's head about running, and also saved valuable runs.

cricket_lover

International Cricketer
sohummisra said:
true, except for Kaif and Yuvraj, the rest of the fielding was dismal compared to the standards it set in the previous series.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Notice the pep in the field for the Indians, today. Kaif has made a few great saves, and India are also performing well. Definite correlation, I feel.

varunvgiri

Club Cricketer
The 2003 world cup was more a case of Sachin hitting great form. I dont hink that team was better than this team. If Sachin comes back and hits even reasonable form, this team can beat anyone..

slade

Club Cricketer
not realy, india beat sri lanka, england and pakistan comphresively altho it was in sub continent conditions without sachin. Seeing he was one of greatest players india has produced and still is very good, he will improve the team.

The west indies fielded really well and their death bowlers did the job. I think the strategy of keeping wickets in hand and then accelerating at teh death may need to be reconsidered. Maybe use a pinch hitter up the order while the ball is still new and comes on the bat or make a effort to score more during middle overs, and be content with 6 or 7 during the death instead of 10.

cricket_lover

International Cricketer
Tendulkar remains the fulcrum of the Indian batting line-up, he's like a pillar. He still has the same billion supporter's burden that he carries, and he'll come-back stronger after the injury.

In sub-continental pitches, India seem to play decently. Its when you go outside, not many have great records. Only Dravid has a better avg. playing in foreign conditions. Tendulkar and Ganguly avg. around 37 outside India. Tendulkar's avg. however, is in the high 40's in the last 4-6 years.

Users who are viewing this thread