Yuvraj or Laxman ?

Kumble has already said in interview that Yuvi will warm the benches. With RP and Sreesanth out, why have they not drafted Pathan in the squad. Why have Khali's brother Munaf Patel who looks like laboring always.

Munaf is very good in Tests, thats why. But Ishant is a very different story.

theres a so called Mr.Ranadeb bose who has almost lost hope
of ever playing in the XI !!

c'mon now...ishant sharma !!! :mad
that guy looks like hes been starving for weeks :p

munaf will bowl those diddly doddlies from a very short runup gasping
for breath while throwing it underarm from the boundary !

c'mon now...ishant sharma !!! :mad
that guy looks like hes been starving for weeks :p

He has been on fast since he started playing cricket. Man from where does he find strength to bowl even. :cheers

I don't care if Laxman scores 500 runs in this series, its the way Yuvraj has played today and demolorized the Pakistan players I want him in the team.

At test level its all about attitude. Lazman does not have that attitude when hes batting or fielding. Also this move gives India another bowling option in test matches and that will be critical in Australia.

Any more thoughts???

Laxman is in danger, Yuvraj is a must for Australia (in the XI)

No Doubt both are legends!.

Yuvraj scored a century and reaching his 150* in the Current Test. Assuming Quite Clearly And Nicely With My Analyzed Mind, Yuvraj is scoring a minimum of Hundred runs in an innings only if isn't lazy.

Laxman is Consistent as well. He'll be chosen for The Australian Tour as he scored Most of His ODI Centuries against them.:p.

And Yes, This won't be a "Tug Of War" for any longer. Both will have their places reserved in tests Though.:D.

Any more thoughts???

Not really, just one failure in this series so far although I have enjoyed watching Yuvraj in this innings than wtahcing Laxman throuhout this whole series....

Danger?!

Laxman in 2007 Tests:
Code:
                     Mat    I  NO  Runs HS1  HS2  HS3     Ave 100  50   0
2007 (32y 61d)         6   10   4   409 112*  72*  54   68.16   1   3   0

Batted through four of his ten innings and scored one century and three fifties.

In Tests in Australia:
Code:
in Australia           7   13   1   715 178  167  148   59.58   3   1   1

In good form, playing the role of a lower-middle order batsman well and with form in Australia, Laxman should be in NO danger of getting dropped for Australia.

Yuvraj Singh will only get into the team for Australia (providing everyone is fit) if Dhoni is dropped and Karthik keeps and opens but even that is looking extremely unlikely.

Dhoni in Tests in 2007:
Code:
2007 (25y 178d)        7   11   4   457  92   76*  57   65.28   0   5   1

Try not to make hasty decisions on Yuvraj, he has scored a hundred against:
-An injured fast bowler (Akhtar)
-Arguably the worst bowler to play as many Tests as he has (Sami)
-A debutant (Arafat)
-An out of form, injured leg spinner (Kaneria)...

A fine innings, but not a great feat that should skyrocket him ahead of any of the second strongest middle order in Test cricket.

although I have enjoyed watching Yuvraj in this innings than wtahcing Laxman throuhout this whole series....

Me too, Yuvraj batting is really an art and in Test matches, it is even more beautiful.

Last edited:
Well, to each one his own opinion

According to me, Yuvraj was already a necessity in the test side, and now with this innings he has proved that keeping him out for more time would be a crime

He rescued India today from 61/4 when we could have folded up for 200 or below. Thats a feat, also considering that the wicket was very helpful for the bowlers with lots of grass and giving movement.

When almost all of our trinity playing anchor roles, we dont need Laxman who is another anchor sort of person. Plus Yuvraj is a fresh leg on the field which obviously will help a great deal to this below average Indian fielding side.

Last edited:
Well, to each one his own opinion

According to me, Yuvraj was already a necessity in the test side, and now with this innings he has proved that keeping him out for more time would be a crime

He rescued India today from 61/4 when we could have folded up for 200 or below. Thats a feat, also considering that the wicket was very helpful for the bowlers with lots of grass and giving movement.

When almost all of our trinity playing anchor roles, we dont need Laxman who is another anchor sort of person. Plus Yuvraj is a fresh leg on the field which obviously will help a great deal to this below average Indian fielding side.

I am convinced that Yuvraj Singh should come in for the first one of the middle order to retire but that time has not come yet. You argue that the pitch made the team fold to 61/4 but I believe it was the new ball, which Yuvraj himself struggled against.

I tend to think Laxman's career would end fittingly after a good tour of Australia. He's probably got a few more in him, though. The problem I see for India is running and fielding; these older guys might continue to score runs, but I can see situations where they will be cursing themselves.

With just one innings today, its really unnecessary to go in a dilemma whether Yuvraj should replace Laxman. Laxman is not in danger as well.. He has been our consistent performer.

Just one bad innings or one bad series.. Thats it.. We people are going straight away like sack that player... Replace this player..blah blah. :p It makes no sense in my opinion. I have seen plenty of these kinds happened to Tendulkar as well.

Anyways, for Aussie series, Laxman and Dravid are must in Test Lineup. They are going to play the roles of defensive walls with support expected from Sourav and Sachin. If our openers start well, I am sure, we can put up a healthy score. :)

I can only see, Yuvraj coming in for Karthik and not Laxman, in overall squad. ( Going to be a tough job for selectors ).

He can't come in for Karthik though, surely you cannot open with him.

Users who are viewing this thread