--> Form Of Yuvi
--> Good Bowling By Ashwin
--> Glimpse Of Good Temperament From Pathan
--> Gambhir Back In Form
--> Parthiv Patel

yashwanth kumar

Panel of Selectors
^ Agree with all 4 posters

@ AkshayS better pity Dan :) , its not his fault its the players in the team who should have done well

+ve's for IND

-> Kick off M.Vijay
-> Come back Of Yuvi , R.Sharma , V.Kohli , P.Patel with bat and sreesanth and Munaf bowling well enough :)

+ve's for NZ

-> A gimps of WC pitches

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The sad thing was that yesterday that was IMO our number one team playing, except Oram (in for Elliot) and Ryder (in for How)... :facepalm

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
When you are as useless as McCullum you have to try any trick in the book to get a wicket, that's about the only way he'll ever get anyone out, it's probably the first time he's beaten the bat since 1995.

So, NZ are opening the bowling with 2 spinners are they, is this going to be their crafty 1992-esque tactic for winning the world cup? (And thereby causing their pace bowlers to bowl with an old ball and concede 15 an over)
Or is it just a way of making money from bookmakers by betting on the fact that they will open the bowling with crazy combinations?
Well, if you are as useless and underpaid as the NZ team, you would be prepared to do anything to make a buck, seeing as there is no point paying them to lose because they are always going to lose anyway.

playkid12

Club Captain
^ Agree with all 4 posters

@ AkshayS better pity Dan :) , its not his fault its the players in the team who should have done well

+ve's for IND

-> Kick off M.Vijay
-> Come back Of Yuvi , R.Sharma , V.Kohli , P.Patel with bat and sreesanth and Munaf bowling well enough :)

+ve's for NZ

-> A gimps of WC pitches

Why Rohit Sharma? He didn't do squat. Get him out. I don't want to see his face along with R. Jadeja.

playkid12 added 1 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

The sad thing was that yesterday that was IMO our number one team playing, except Oram (in for Elliot) and Ryder (in for How)... :facepalm

Oram and Ryder are big names though. I really think NZ can be a lot more dangerous, especially with Ryder in since he bowls too and is quite destructive as a batsman. I am an Indian fan, but hate it when NZ lose. The NZ team just seems like a bunch of really nice people and it sucks when they lose.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Oram and Ryder are big names though. I really think NZ can be a lot more dangerous, especially with Ryder in since he bowls too and is quite destructive as a batsman. I am an Indian fan, but hate it when NZ lose. The NZ team just seems like a bunch of really nice people and it sucks when they lose.

Nice people finish last :(. I seriously never thought that NZ would get beaten 5-0 before the ODI series started considering how well we did in the test series (third test was where it all started to go horribly wrong.)

Guptill had starts but couldn't convert. McCullum and Taylor were terrible. How, I fear, has just made a right hash of his chance and will be dropped. Styris and Franklin probably the only ones to put up any sort of fight. I'm really not sure what Elliott is doing in the team. Vettori was Vettori. Mills was alright, good lower order hitting. It's all a bit glum right now....

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I had predicted that Kiwis will not win a single match in India. It was so obvious. A team can that got whitewashed by Bangladesh was always going to be skinned alive by one of th best teams in the world atm. Newzealand's next assignment is a lot easier as they are playing at home and Pakistan cricket is under the match fixing clouds. Still as far as quality is concerned, Pakistan is still much better than Kiwis. I expect it to be tough fought series.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
NZ are underperforming really.

A squad of Guptill, Ryder, Taylor, Williamson, Franklin, Styris, Oram, Vettori, B.McCullum, N.McCullum, Mills, Southee, Tuffey, McKay and Hopkins (reserve keeper) should do well at the World Cup. But given their current form, it seems unlikely.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
We have been made to look very good because of the opposition. I think we might be rating some of these good performers a little too high for comfort. Give them another chance against better opposition and see what they do. I wish Ashwin and Parthiv are selected for the SA ODI's and play a few games. Then we will see how they go and then decide on their World Cup selection.

relentless_rock

Club Cricketer
Surely Ashwin has done enough to be our 2nd spinner for ODIs. Ojha is more of a containing bowler but Ashwin has got wickets in all the ODIs he represented. I like his aggression reminds me of Kumble.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I agree with Sai, we have played against a poor opposition. Its as if we played Zimbabwe or Bangladesh and white-washed them. Do not read too much into the results out here.

For NZL, the only positive can be- they can still claim to be a good Test playing nation. We had predicted that they would lose the Test series, but it was a matter of either 1-0 or 2-0.

As for the ODI's they need a good all-rounder other than Dan. Maybe Oram could fit the bill.

Users who are viewing this thread