Generation Draft - COMPLETED!!

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
now I'm in a bit of muddle. I ideally I would rather have been picking players from the next round now, because if I don't get my picks from that round I'm in a pickle. so it's whether to play safe or not.

Ok, sorry about the wait, I just typed out a lengthy biography of someone and then changed my mind.

1900-1927 is actually going to be Patsy Hendren.

who? well I'll tell you who, who's next on the list to jack hobbs when it comes to FC centuries. Hendren that's who, he hit 170 all in all. (and at a slightly better average than hobbs) a very capable test average of 47 for the time and was nominated as the leading cricketer in the world in 1923 retrospectively

he was a noted joker, so with sobersa and tom richardson also being drunks I'm really depending on holding to give them a lot of disapproving stares or the professionalism of this side is going out the window.

Ok, next pick.....

ugh ugh, I, probably a bowler. I think I'll go with Andy Roberts, there's a case to be made for every west indian bowler that pulled on the test whites between 1970-1990 but Andy Roberts probably marks the point where west indian fast bowlers became west indian fast bowlers he was the first leader of a brutal pack of killers, he nurtured players like Holding and others I won't mention in case you want to pick them, but he was the wise head. Players like Zaheer Kahn have showed how a good leader of a bowling attack can influence the other 3 around him. There were other options from this era, some with better averages, but I think it would be a disservice to Roberts to over-look him.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Round 4: 1877-1899 & 1928 - 1950, Archie McClaren and Vijay Hazare

1. Bobby Simpson
2. Archie McClaren
4. Brian Lara
5. Vijay Hazare
7. Jack Gregory
10. Jack Blackham
11. John Snow

Will do a write up later..

Round 5: 1900 -1927 & 1971 - 1990, Tibby Cotter and Doug Walters

Very busy at the moment, so im a do a double write up for the next two rounds before the last round.

1. Bobby Simpson
2. Archie McClaren
4. Brian Lara
5. Vijay Hazare
6. Doug Walters
7. Jack Gregory
9. Jack Blackham
10. John Snow
11. Tibby Cotter

NOTE: Just checking is it possible to change a player you selected in previous rounds?

Last edited:

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
Round 5: 1900 -1927 & 1971 - 1990, Harold Larwood and Clive Lloyd

Very busy at the moment, so im a do a double write up for the next two rounds before the last round.

1. Bobby Simpson
2. Archie McClaren
4. Brian Lara
5. Vijay Hazare
6. Clive Lloyd
7. Jack Gregory
9. Harold Larwood
10. Jack Blackham
11. John Snow

NOTE: Just checking is it possible to change a player you selected in previous rounds?

I think C. Lloyd was already picked. Also Larwood is definitely 1927-1951 pick, made his debut in 1926 and only played two matches until 1928. I personally don't think you should be able to change, although it would do me a world of good because I'll be in trouble in the next round, but the planning is the fun of it.

War

Chairman of Selectors
SMH *SIGHSSS* Ha somebody always picking someone I want.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Is it my pick right now? Can my time be extended to 24 hours? I have a little matter of a final exam. I'll try to do it before when I get up but no guarantees.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We've given 1990-2011 era only one pick while every other period got two. Isnt that kinda unfair, considering that this is the era which has a lot of influential players in the game. Why not let everyone pick 12 players and finalize a playing XI from that. Allan Donald has not been picked yet for crying out loud :eek:

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We've given 1990-2011 era only one pick while every other period got two. Isnt that kinda unfair, considering that this is the era which has a lot of influential players in the game. Why not let everyone pick 12 players and finalize a playing XI from that. Allan Donald has not been picked yet for crying out loud :eek:
I did pick him the last time I participated in test Draft. He is another beast bowler.
I agree with you on that 2 pick proposal for 1990-2011.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Nah, that's where the challenge lies. Pick XI and this seems alright.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Is it my pick right now? Can my time be extended to 24 hours? I have a little matter of a final exam. I'll try to do it before when I get up but no guarantees.

Prior Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance Shravi...:p

I was going to be the hard man who came on and said no you can't have an extension, but your 24hrs is almost up anyway. I think if Aoun is on he should pick - at least if you suffer a bigger delay then the most you'll lose is one spot in the order anyway...

----------

Well neither has Shaun Pollock or Waqar Younis or Curtley Ambrose or Dale Steyn or Anil Kumble or Steve Waugh or Virender Sehwag or Matthew Hayden or Rahul Dravid etc. etc. :D

We honoured those guys in the 90s and onwards draft earlier this year. They might make the XIs look better, but we know them very well already.

Users who are viewing this thread