English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Wahay! And there we go! Fresh life breathed into the title race! Wigan shock 1-0 victors over United! Which also does no harm at all to their hopes of safety, helping them climb out of the danger zone. Man U's lead at the top reduced to 5 now as Man City thrashed the Baggies 4-0.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Typical of the Premiership to throw up a result like that! Makes it a bit more interesting now for the neutrals out there. Still, City have got another tough one at the weekend - Norwich away, while we've got Villa at home. Important weekend this one - we must not slip up again. If they're within striking distance come the Derby match, this could still go wrong for us.

Can't bloody believe we got beaten by flippin' Wigan. At least that's another away match out of the way.

Our remaining fixtures:

United Fixtures & Results - Official Manchester United Website

Their remaining fixtures:

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/fixtures/first-team

They've still got a couple of really tough away matches - Norwich and Newcastle. Looking at our fixture list, it isn't plain sailing, but all of the potentially tricky games are at home bar Sunderland on the last day.

Well, this is Utd isn't it? We never do things the easy way - shouldn't be surprised there's been another twist. Still five points clear though.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
nerves kicking in for saturday now.

minibus is leaving at 3 in the morning. Will probably get to wembley around 9ish

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Really looking forward to this weekend. Should be a great game. You're very lucky, ste.

I was thinking how Liverpool should approach next season as far as the starting line up is concerned and thought about the positions we need more quality in.

Kelly--Skrtel--Agger--Enrique
-----------Lucas-----------
-----Gerrard----__1___-----
Suarez---__2_____---___3___

Sterling can be a sub for #3 in that but I don't think that he can be given the responsibility of starting yet as he doesn't have enough games under his belt.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
I have to say, since the Tottenham game Walcott's finishing had improved a lot. Glad to see he is making decent progress. He's also started dribbling the ball more confidently, I remember at the start of the season when he couldn't even dribble the ball at times.

I'm am far from his biggest fan though, so wouldn't him moving on in the summer, just as long as we don't get Kalou, or Hazard (the next Na$ri for sure, no loyalty).

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Tevez scored today and somewhere down in Mancini's heart you can feel he should've avoided that row with him and saved his club a massive amount of time and losses. I mean he's a deadly player. What Mancini would learn from this season is not to run his mouth around and speak blabber. Couple of weeks ago he proudly said Man Shi..city would win the title, and yesterday he said it's finished with them.

Anyways, if i had a word to say to SAF, it would be "Berbatov" but he knows better.

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
--------------------------Jones--------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------
----Johnson-----Skrtel---------Agger-------Enrique----
----------------Henderson-----Shelvey------------------
----------Suarez-------Gerrard--------Maxi-------------
-------------------------Carroll---------------------------

BENCH: Gulasci, Flanagan, Coates, Aurelio, Downing, Spearing, Kuyt, Bellamy.

The fact that we have Jones in goal makes it imperative that our best four defenders start the game because we need to give him as little to do in the 90 minutes as possible. Reality is however that Johnson and probably Agger will both tire in the second half considering their lengthy lay offs and this will result in changes in the last twenty minutes.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Skrtels long ball to Bellamy was amazing in the buildup to the first Liverpool goal.

Bad result for us, but we should be heading to City without dropping any more points. Still positive but we really need a CM this summer.

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I struggled to see the point of Comolli to be honest - Kenny said he chose the players he wanted so what was the use of Comolli being there other than on a big wage and taking up a seat in the directors box during matches...

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
I struggled to see the point of Comolli to be honest - Kenny said he chose the players he wanted so what was the use of Comolli being there other than on a big wage and taking up a seat in the directors box during matches...

nobody really knows what directors of football do. There isn't really much transparency in the workings of football clubs. In england we think that/want the manager does everything. In spain they are seen more as coaches in charge of training/tactics and little else. With the president having a large role.

Just because you don't know what he did doesn't mean he wasn't doing anything.

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Really looking forward to this weekend. Should be a great game. You're very lucky, ste.

I was thinking how Liverpool should approach next season as far as the starting line up is concerned and thought about the positions we need more quality in.

Kelly--Skrtel--Agger--Enrique
-----------Lucas-----------
-----Gerrard----__1___-----
Suarez---__2_____---___3___

Sterling can be a sub for #3 in that but I don't think that he can be given the responsibility of starting yet as he doesn't have enough games under his belt.
If someone like Henderson played in position 1 then Gerrard would finally be freed up further up the pitch and given licence to roam again. He's been squandered in a more "disciplined" role deeper in midfield.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
If someone like Henderson played in position 1 then Gerrard would finally be freed up further up the pitch and given licence to roam again. He's been squandered in a more "disciplined" role deeper in midfield.

But wouldn't freeing Gerrard force Henderson to stay back more and be more disciplined? and as we've both agreed, that need to be more disciplined curtails Henderson's creativity and adventurousness as he's frightened.

Last edited:

Lee1981

International Coach
Henderson's creativity

Don't think these 2 words should ever be used together.

Henderson is one of the worst young players i have ever seen, i really mean that.

Worst signing of the season by a mile,, he should be in the championship,, not prem quality..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread