Australia tour of England June-August 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody hell, Morgan's in with an outside shot of a hundred here.

Top shelf innings from the Irishman. Couple more guys like that and England might have a team capable of beating the Aussies.

great innings that was from morgan. and england done well do get to that 272 total so it will not be easy chase for aussie

That Kieswetter should have scored 10-15 runs more for the 29 balls he faced....However, on second thoughts, by staying there till the end, he might have prevented the other batsmen coming in and triggering one collapse....( though none are bunny's with the bat...but you never know....)

Man! This partnership is becoming more and more threatening now.England desperately need a wickets here.The required run rate ATM is very much under control.They've built this partnership at a good scoring rate.

Edit: Finally:cheers

Req RR mounting up now, as I'm typing that Smith falls.

Tough now.

I guess they've have taken the batting PP a bit earlier.At that moment they just had to rotate the strike and look to fetch some boundries now and then.The required runrate wasn't that much high.Now as result of it,they've lost wickets and still 17 overs are left.Things are looking much difficult for Aussies.Michael Clarke should now come up with a captain's knock

Terrible mix up, right when they got going too... Very tough now.

----------

Clarke now, game over.

Oh dear, proper tail-enders for us Aussies here. McKay will do well to survive, he isn't going to be scoring any runs.

Luck of the Irish I guess :p I expect us to bounce back and take the remaining 4 ODIs after this hit out. Can't remember the last time England won two ODIs in a series against us.

AUS middle-order for ODIs at bit soft at the moment.

As they build intially towards the ICC Champions trophy next year, a seemingly rejuvenated Cameron White needs to be recalled, while hopefully Shaun Marsh can get his mojo back soon.

Also Christian and Mitchell Marsh would be better all-rounder option that Smith at this stage.

Nice to see Warner getting runs consistency, could use with a 100 soon though to avoid being lumped in with Watson as a 50s man.

Luck of the Irish I guess :p I expect us to bounce back and take the remaining 4 ODIs after this hit out. Can't remember the last time England won two ODIs in a series against us.

The last stand-alone series in England they won the first three and with that the series.

Smith had a decent IPL with the bat.I was a bit disappointed that he couldn't score runs today.He was out there in PP but couldn't deliver.But yeah i think Christian could be a better choice

The last stand-alone series in England they won the first three and with that the series.

Selective memory I guess :p I thought the commentators had said that England has only won 1 out of their last 9 against us, but I guess they were talking about meaningful games or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread