How are you doing in your school?

Do you like your school

• Total voters

P Squared

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Are you a South Indian by any chance? Most of the South Indian people I know including some teachers can't speak Hindi well but are pretty good when it comes to English.

My parents are North Indian, wouldn't call myself as one though, I've never lived north of central Madhya Pradesh. Defo not South Indian though.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I think I'm the worst grammar student in the world. :-
Don't keep that attitude in life mate. You're definitely way better than many of your age. Practice makes perfect. Read some books/stories or newspapers underline the words you can't understand and search those words onto the dictionary so as to understand their meanings. Basic thing to improve it would be taking part in the cricket discussion sub-forum on this website or chat with a friend on Facebook. Tell him to correct you whenever you make any grammatical mistakes. Good luck.:thumbs

----------

My parents are North Indian, wouldn't call myself as one though, I've never lived north of central Madhya Pradesh. Defo not South Indian though.
Oh, that's a bit odd. Actually never came across to a North Indian guy not knowing Hindi well except if he lived in a foreign country for years. :)

Parmesh killer

Club Captain
So this forum has many international members.

Don't keep that attitude in life mate. You're definitely way better than many of your age. Practice makes perfect. Read some books/stories or newspapers underline the words you can't understand and search those words onto the dictionary so as to understand their meanings. Basic thing to improve it would be taking part in the cricket discussion sub-forum on this website or chat with a friend on Facebook. Tell him to correct you whenever you make any grammatical mistakes. Good luck.:thumbs

----------

Oh, that's a bit odd. Actually never came across to a North Indian guy not knowing Hindi well except if he lived in a foreign country for years. :)

Thanks for boosting my confidence mate.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I think I'm the worst grammar student in the world. :-(

LOL......start seeing my posts from begining. :p I was even worse but then I met these guys here on PC. Read articles as much as you can, I read 3 everyday. There are soo many great articles written by our admins and members here. Read some stories too.

Don't even try looking at the write-ups in the mafia forums...you'll get mind-washed. :p

It's really shocked to know that many of you are weak in Hindi, I can speak and listen Hindi just as Urdu but I cannot write Hinid, not even a letter. I always get A+ in Urdu..considering I am same in Hindi.

Last edited:

P Squared

International Coach

I can speak basic Hindi lol, enough to get by in day to day life, I am fished when it comes to the grammar part though, cant make head nor tail of it.
For eg if I want to say "I cant speak Hindi properly" in Hindi I would say
"Hindi kuch banta nahi hai" or "Hindi kuch banti nahi hai"

Now I don't know which one of those is right or wrong, always get confused. Its stuff like that where I face problems.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
"Hindi kuch banta nahi hai" or "Hindi kuch banti nahi hai"

Both are wrong IMO, it's always better to say:

"I cant speak Hindi properly"

"Mujhe sahi Hindi nahi ati" or "Mujhe sahi tarha ki Hindo nahi m?loom"

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I can speak as well as write both Marathi and Hindi. Yeiy!:D

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I even know Punjabi and Pashtoo.

P Squared

International Coach
Both are wrong IMO, it's always better to say:

"I cant speak Hindi properly"

"Mujhe sahi Hindi nahi ati" or "Mujhe sahi tarha ki Hindo nahi m?loom"

I was trying to speak in a form of street lingo.:p

What I actually wanted to say was that I dont know when to use banta or banti and similar words like that.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
What I actually wanted to say was that I dont know when to use banta or banti and similar words like that.

You mean all these:

Banta Banti
Ladka Ladki
Ghoda Ghodi
Mocha Mochi
Rana Rani
Momu Mumani

You get confused while using ?

----------

Masculine feminine ?

P Squared

International Coach
Not ladka ladki lol that is pretty easy, male female. I mean words which have nothing to do with gender but still have a feminine form.

And I can absolutely not speak formal Hindi either thats another problem. Also I have to read a Hindi line twice or thrice to understand what it means, while in English its only once.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Not ladka ladki lol that is pretty easy, male female. I mean words which have nothing to do with gender but still have a feminine form.

And I can absolutely not speak formal Hindi either thats another problem. Also I have to read a Hindi line twice or thrice to understand what it means, while in English its only once.

I thought that you're a pure Englishman and so were your ancestors. :p
Your English is great, you don't need to focus on learning Hindi or any other language, I am leaving learning Urdu, I'll only learn English, Pashtoo and Spanish (my favourite language). Hola... :p

Earagav

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
I thought that you're a pure Englishman and so were your ancestors.
Your English is great, you don't need to focus on learning Hindi or any other language, I am leaving learning Urdu, I'll only learn English, Pashtoo and Spanish (my favourite language). Hola...
guys whats the thread about?

Users who are viewing this thread