abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Transformers - Age of Extinction. Quite entertaining. Might be getting unwarranted hate

The good: Excellent CGI transformers v/s transformers action. Actually had a decent plot. Good human touch for a change. You care a little for the down-on-luck-father-daughter combo, instead of watching rich-a$$ lingerie models running around with Shia Labeouf.

The bad: Stupidity like Tessa walking around in clothes worth several grand even though her family is broke. But that's our Michael Bay. Editing/Pacing issues. Basically ..

Everything before China was excellent. Was a great setup with the 'seed' thingy. Everything in China/HK was just very dull and made no sense. The Boss fight should have culminated in the US itself, instead of shifting to China and dragging it around for no reason. The romantic angle between the scientist guy and the Asian lady - WTF !!

Ofcourse, the actual reason for doing this was tapping the massive Asian market, which they succeeded in (massive chunk of audience in my theater was of Asian heritage). Also 92mil opening in China

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
^^ Haha. Funny, considering my thoughts kind of match up with your 'halfway through the movie I started looking at my watch' statement :spy

Movie enters China around that time and goes down after that. An editing failure, but still not as bad as its being made out to be. Its a shameless Michael Bay action movie, and it never pretended to be anything other than that :thumbs

I must say, the applause at the end by the audience was a bit of a surprise

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Transformers - Age of Extinction. Quite entertaining. Might be getting unwarranted hate

The good: Excellent CGI transformers v/s transformers action. Actually had a decent plot. Good human touch for a change. You care a little for the down-on-luck-father-daughter combo, instead of watching rich-a$$ lingerie models running around with Shia Labeouf.

The bad: Stupidity like Tessa walking around in clothes worth several grand even though her family is broke. But that's our Michael Bay. Editing/Pacing issues.

That is the only reason anyone watches Transformers. Leaving out the first movie the rest are ridiculously medicore. The reason the sales were high were because of Megan Fox and Rosie-Huntington Whitely.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
That is the only reason anyone watches Transformers. Leaving out the first movie the rest are ridiculously medicore. The reason the sales were high were because of Megan Fox and Rosie-Huntington Whitely.

Ummm .. Okay then :|

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
All 3 parts of Undisputed, great is all I can say. :thumbs

Epic

Panel of Selectors
^^ Haha. Funny, considering my thoughts kind of match up with your 'halfway through the movie I started looking at my watch' statement :spy

Movie enters China around that time and goes down after that. An editing failure, but still not as bad as its being made out to be. Its a shameless Michael Bay action movie, and it never pretended to be anything other than that :thumbs

I must say, the applause at the end by the audience was a bit of a surprise

Sorry, I was just too bemused by your claim that it was "quite entertaining" that I didn't even bother reading what was inside your spoilers, plus I don't even want to think about anything plot related in that film, ever. :p

Millions of kids flocked with their parents to see those 2 and not the actual almighty tweaking Transformers, you know, those things in the title of the movie... :rolleyes and don't worry, an equivalent to Megan Fox and Rosie-Huntington Whiteley exists in this sequel too, in the form of Mark Wahlberg's characters' daughter, played by Nicola Peltz, aka the girl from The Last Airbender, what a masterpiece that was, a Shamhammer classic.

Last edited:

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan

Users who are viewing this thread