Ashes 2015 - Australia tour of England July/September 2015

PokerAce

Banned
I remember reading an article on cricinfo after the first test that Johnson and Aussie pace attack was not something to fear anymore. I wonder if the author of that article is watching this.

dp458

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Im Bells biggest fan, and he looks class when he plays CC for us(Warks), but I think the time is up, and he should now come back to edgbaston and captain ala Collingwood for years to come.

Lyth, Bell out for me

Bairstow and Taylor/Hales to come in

Cook
Hales/Ali
Ballance/Talyor
Root/Ballance
Bairstow/Root
Stokes/Bairstow
Buttler
Ali/Stokes
Broad
Wood
Anderson

With Ballance under pressure, from whomever of that 3 doesnt make it in

If they dont pick an opener, then i Feel Ali could do it.

richowebbo

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Im Bells biggest fan, and he looks class when he plays CC for us(Warks), but I think the time is up, and he should now come back to edgbaston and captain ala Collingwood for years to come.

Lyth, Bell out for me

Bairstow and Taylor/Hales to come in

Cook
Hales/Ali
Ballance/Talyor
Root/Ballance
Bairstow/Root
Stokes/Bairstow
Buttler
Ali/Stokes
Broad
Wood
Anderson

With Ballance under pressure, from whomever of that 3 doesnt make it in

If they dont pick an opener, then i Feel Ali could do it.

I wouldn't drop Lyth just yet. We've had so many openers, the message would be loud and clear. "if you don't score immediately you're dropped". That would just make it harder for whoever comes in. Robson, Carberry and Compton all did OK and were dropped. Not many people come into teams and make runs straight away. I'm just not a fan of Ballance, but he has a good average, but has looked poor against top quality stuff this summer. Bell has to go I'm afraid. So, so bad.

D

Dutch

Trouble is most of us expected this didnt we? Aussies make it look like a road and then we make it look like the last 22 yards to Mordor.......top order is just too brittle, fall like dominos......meh.....

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Im Bells biggest fan, and he looks class when he plays CC for us(Warks),

He looks class in county cricket because he is the modern Graeme Hick. A talented flat track bully with zero mental strength. Hick was unlucky to play in an era with a lot of strong international attacks & a chop and change selection policy so he was found out and discarded. Bell plays in an era of a lot of weak attacks and "stable" selection so has got chance after chance, and there's always fodder coming up to grab a score to stay in the side.

Regardless of anything else, Bell has been playing international cricket for 10 years, so though in cricketing erms he's not that old he is used up in my opinion. I don't think there'll be many players who have averaged under 30 over 2 years as Bell has done, at that point in their career, and suddenly started averaging 50+ but because he's got a nice cover drive people think Bell will.[DOUBLEPOST=1437150398][/DOUBLEPOST]
Trouble is most of us expected this didnt we? Aussies make it look like a road and then we make it look like the last 22 yards to Mordor.......top order is just too brittle, fall like dominos......meh.....
I definitely expected it from Bell

dp458

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
He looks class in county cricket because he is the modern Graeme Hick. A talented flat track bully with zero mental strength. Hick was unlucky to play in an era with a lot of strong international attacks & a chop and change selection policy so he was found out and discarded. Bell plays in an era of a lot of weak attacks and "stable" selection so has got chance after chance, and there's always fodder coming up to grab a score to stay in the side.

Regardless of anything else, Bell has been playing international cricket for 10 years, so though in cricketing erms he's not that old he is used up in my opinion. I don't think there'll be many players who have averaged under 30 over 2 years as Bell has done, at that point in their career, and suddenly started averaging 50+ but because he's got a nice cover drive people think Bell will.[DOUBLEPOST=1437150398][/DOUBLEPOST]
I definitely expected it from Bell
Totally agreed, and I love Bell
County attacks are awful, if Jesse Ryder gets stack loads albeit in div 2, it shows the standard

richowebbo

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Who is the answer to Bell?

Bairstow is the next best batsman we have (assuming we won't bring KP back!) at the moment.

D

Dutch

Well the feel good factor was back and if they can knuckle down and somehow rescue soemthing from this situation or at least make it look more respectable there are still chances that the momentum can be held but this is a real smack in the goolies and Australia will be loving every second of it......

Users who are viewing this thread