Ashes 2015 - Australia tour of England July/September 2015

richowebbo

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Trouble is most of us expected this didnt we? Aussies make it look like a road and then we make it look like the last 22 yards to Mordor.......top order is just too brittle, fall like dominos......meh.....

If I knew how, I'd add this to my signature thing!

I laughed at this. Out loud.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yes Smith was on 50 at the time so Bell's current contribution is -164

I havent changed my signature for nearly a year but this is gonna be it now...

Imagine if KP walked out at 4, after Root went in at 3 and Vince at 5 :D, wouldnt that be gold...

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Don't worry lads, Cookie and Ben Stokes, the next Ian Botham, has saved this for us; England are clearly on top here

Markkkkk

Profile Flag
South Africa
Ah yes the man who cant buy a run and the twenty20-turned-test-kinda-of-batsmen leading the counter attack... Funny how badly this backfired on England...

richowebbo

County Cricketer
Seems a bit harsh calling Stokes a Twenty20 batsmen when he's only 24. Its not like he's made a career out of T20 and he's batted pretty well in his short Test career so far.

Markkkkk

Profile Flag
South Africa
Seems a bit harsh calling Stokes a Twenty20 batsmen when he's only 24. Its not like he's made a career out of T20 and he's batted pretty well in his short Test career so far.

Yea I know I was just trying to escalate the situation...

richowebbo

County Cricketer
Time for Cook to prove his worth today and hopefully our deep batting line up can help us out of a whole! It's been a great series so far!

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I think Aussie will bowl out poms less than 200.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Really like the look of Stokes. Bowling could be better but he really has something about him. In the context this is a fine innings.

richowebbo

County Cricketer
Really like the look of Stokes. Bowling could be better but he really has something about him. In the context this is a fine innings.

I agree. I don't think his bowling is good enough yet, too much tosh. In Cardiff, when he bowled line and length he looked dangerous, but he seems sometimes to try a bit too hard.

He is a Batsmen first and foremost though I think, and as such, I'm wondering whether England would be best served to just Bring Finn in for Bell and move everyone up the order. Wood has shown he can bat a bit and deep (deep!) down Broad can!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I agree. I don't think his bowling is good enough yet, too much tosh. In Cardiff, when he bowled line and length he looked dangerous, but he seems sometimes to try a bit too hard.

He is a Batsmen first and foremost though I think, and as such, I'm wondering whether England would be best served to just Bring Finn in for Bell and move everyone up the order. Wood has shown he can bat a bit and deep (deep!) down Broad can!

Was thinking similar. Bell has to go and I think Root should be no higher than 4.

If we're going to produce pitches like this we could even put Rashid in as two spinners might be useful.

Markkkkk

Profile Flag
South Africa
If you're going to produce pitches likes this you might as well fill your team with 11 batsmen...

Excommunicado

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Australia got this game in hand, despite England's effort to re-bound into the game. Just need Ben Stokes now and England may be hopeless. [HASHTAG]#AussiesGonnaDEESTRUY[/HASHTAG]!

Users who are viewing this thread