Micromax Asia Cup Twenty20 - Bangladesh 2016

Who are You supporting to win Asia Cup 2016?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Saroj padhy

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
I have been critical of Dhoni and his captaincy before. But the one place he can never be dropped from is India's T20 team. It is clearly his favorite format as a captain and he is an invaluable wicketkeeper-batsman. There really is no one of his level who could replace him. And it looks like his big hitting skills are coming back after a dry run

So calling for his head is laughable

And calls for Gautam Gambhir are ridiculous. What exactly has he done that warrants a call back? He has been outperformed by other prospective openers domestically. Why then, should he be preferred over other players? Its not like he is getting any younger
What Asish Nehra did in domestic matches this season?
Nothing. Nothing at all.
Then how he made a comeback?
Just because of CSK jersey? Right?

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
What Asish Nehra did in domestic matches this season?
Nothing. Nothing at all.
Then how he made a comeback?
Just because of CSK jersey? Right?

It is actually very obvious why Nehra came into the squad - not exactly rocket science if you follow Indian cricket

What has been India's issue for a long time in limited overs cricket? Finding good openers ? NOPE. It has been death bowling. And Nehra proved his skills as a very effective death bowling during domestic tournaments which is why he was drafted into the team.

We have an abundance of opening options, and Gambhir hasn't done anything extraordinary that would make him stand out. You can be naive and call out "conspiracy theories" all you want, that Nehra played for CSK and got favored. Doesnt' change the reality

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
And just to back what I have said:

IPL 2015: Gambhir was not even in the top 20 top scorers. Outperformed by Rahane, Rohit, Utthapa. Why exactly should he be given a chance before these guys? Nehra on the other hand was the 4th highest wicket taker.

Saroj padhy

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Code:
Player Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 0 4s 6s

AM Rahane 14 13 2 540 91* 49.09 413 130.75 0 4 1 53 13

SS Iyer 14 14 1 439 83 33.76 342 128.36 0 4 2 41 21

RV Uthappa 13 13 1 364 80* 30.33 277 131.40 0 1 0 42 7

G Gambhir 13 13 0 327 60 25.15 278 117.62 0 3 1 41 4

S Dhawan 14 14 1 353 54 27.15 286 123.42 0 3 0 45 6

Ok Gambhir not in top 20.
But what dhawan did?
And Rahane highest Indian run getter in IPL.
And you so called favorite captain said that Rahane is not for T20 cricket. Different player for different format.

And i am not much worrying about Gambhir sir's selection.
He is fine leading Delhi team rather than got selected and watching those school cricketers batting on bench.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I don't know why you posted these stats - it doesn't help your point in any way. Dhawan is still marginally better than Gambhir :spy

And Dhawan actually did fairly well in Australia and Sri Lanka - scores of 42, 26, 9, 51, 46*. Not to forget his scores of 68, 126 and 78 in the ODIs against Australia. Should Rahane be given a go at the top ? Absolutely. I just don't see how Gambhir fits in this whole thing[DOUBLEPOST=1457117808][/DOUBLEPOST]
And i am not much worrying about Gambhir sir's selection.
He is fine leading Delhi team rather than got selected and watching those school cricketers batting on bench.

Ummmm. OK !

PS: Delhi still ended up 4th place in their group. Nothing to brag about

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It's official, Bangladeshis have lost it.

This is getting out of hand. Let them show the same spirit in stadium, cheering their team and not humiliating others. Bangladesh now is my least favourite team. I know it's only some of their fans that are doing this, but the impact is such that, I don't feel like supporting their team. In the past one year, Bangladesh has risen to compete with strong teams and I was happy. But the way some of their fans are reacting is disgrace.

I don't know why you posted these stats - it doesn't help your point in any way. Dhawan is still marginally better than Gambhir :spy

And Dhawan actually did fairly well in Australia and Sri Lanka - scores of 42, 26, 9, 51, 46*. Not to forget his scores of 68, 126 and 78 in the ODIs against Australia. Should Rahane be given a go at the top ? Absolutely. I just don't see how Gambhir fits in this whole thing[DOUBLEPOST=1457117808][/DOUBLEPOST]

Ummmm. OK !

PS: Delhi still ended up 4th place in their group. Nothing to brag about

That's why I don't bother replying to that school kid.[DOUBLEPOST=1457118265][/DOUBLEPOST]
Where did you find it?

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Boys
This is getting out of hand. Let them show the same spirit in stadium, cheering their team and not humiliating others. Bangladesh now is my least favourite team. I know it's only some of their fans that are doing this, but the impact is such that, I don't feel like supporting their team. In the past one year, Bangladesh has risen to compete with strong teams and I was happy. But the way some of their fans are reacting is disgrace.
Can I know how much hindi You can speak? :D

Users who are viewing this thread