AFRO-ASIA Cup 2007

outtt

Asia XI 317/9 in 50 overs

Glad that I picked Yousuf in my fantasy team :D

and I hope I picked Jayawardene, I cant remember LOL

And then Ganguly and Sehwag played well, :)

Last edited:
Morne Morkel looks sharp.
The Bangalore wicket looks very good with its bounce.

All the Asian batsmen got in but did not capitalize.
The Dhoni runout made the difference between a 350 and 315 which they got.

Could still be a close game if De Villiers,Boucher,Pollock and Tikolo can fire with some help from Kemp and Bosman.
I believe that Albie Morkel is a big hitter as well.

I hope it gets close for the sake of the good crowd that has turned up.

And finally, good to see the crowds coming in for the Afro-Asia matches.
I believe that this is a good concept which will catch up in the coming years if the big stars make themselves available.

Forgot to mention this yesterday, but Tshabalala's action seems to be modeled on... hold your breath... Harbhajan Singh's.

I can see the Asians under some pressure now that Asif and Zaheer have both gone for some runs in the powerplay overs.

What this makes me feel is that what would have been the situation had the African top order of De villers, Kemp and Tikolo had done decently.
Pollock playing superbly though and Chigumbura played a cameo as well.
They just lost too many at the top too cheaply.

Jayawardene looks intense !
The intensity can be seen which means that the players do seem commited.

What`s wrong with Bhajji ?
He seems to lack any sort of penetration with his bowling.

Bhajji seems to go on the defensive and bowl flat as soon as someone attacks his bowling.

Bhajji seems to go on the defensive and bowl flat as soon as someone attacks his bowling.

Last edited:
Pollock is on his way to get a century it seems. A good comeback from 87-7 to 226-8.

Pollock gets his century with a four. Great batting of him.

Last edited:
lol 130 in 109 balls. If that's how well he bats when he doesn't have to bowl, should just not ever bowl in ODIs.

A great game in the end.
Would have been a lot closer if either of chigumbura or Odoyo had stayed for a while longer with Pollock.
A stunner of a knock by Pollock, deserved a win.

This has brought the series alive.
As I said before, you could see the intensity on the Asian faces.
Jayawardene having constant on-field meetings with Zaheer,Ganguly,Asif,Mortaza was a sign of the intensity !

I enjoyed this game.

As Gavaskar said on commentary, we observed with the Asian team the lack of the killing spirit. We've seen it before with India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka--the inability to finish off games and let them dwindle along--and today we saw it with Asia. How perfect. :P

I get the feeling the administrations of the countries feel this tournament is a joke. Some of the blokes theyre playing don't even have ODI caps yet. If they took it more seriously, it would be an even better spectacle.

Users who are viewing this thread