West Indies tour of England (Aug-Sept 2017)

S

Satan666

Sanath Jayasuriya and Shahid Afridi have more ODI wickets than Shane Warne, but that doesn't mean they are better than him. Same with Anderson and some pacers who have less wickets than him.

Could never understand why people use ODI to rate players. Just now some bloke gonna post Gayle is a good batsman cuz he got so much runs in T20.[DOUBLEPOST=1504968187][/DOUBLEPOST]Back to the test, WI have done above par last two matches, fitness, fielding and a proper keeper will get them far.

Anderson certainly one of the best to play the game of any era.

England have many questions to answer before the ashes. Top order batting woes need to be sorted!

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Sanath Jayasuriya and Shahid Afridi have more ODI wickets than Shane Warne, but that doesn't mean they are better than him. Same with Anderson and some pacers who have less wickets than him.
He is in the top 6 of all time Wicket takers in test and you think he is not that good lol.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
He is in the top 6 of all time Wicket takers in test and you think he is not that good lol.
Is he as good as Malcolm Marshall, Curtly Ambrose, Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, Dale Steyn, Shaun Pollock, Michael Holding, Joel Garner? The anwer is no.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Is he as good as Malcolm Marshall, Curtly Ambrose, Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, Dale Steyn, Shaun Pollock, Michael Holding, Joel Garner? The anwer is no.
You are comparing him to bowlers that are probably one of the greatest bowlers off all time.
I am not saying he is the greatest bowler of all time but he is great bowler to get over 500 wickets in test and still going at the age of 35.
Dale Steyn is always Injured or else he would have been one of the greatest.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I am not saying he is the greatest bowler of all time but he is great bowler to get over 500 wickets in test and still going at the age of 35.
Well, yes, that is a great achievement, but some of the other bowlers in my list would have more than 500 wickets if they played as much as him, and got 7 home matches every year.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Well, yes, that is a great achievement, but some of the other bowlers in my list would have more than 500 wickets if they played as much as him, and got 7 home matches every year.
Well same can be said about Tendulkar then because he played a lot of matches and got the most runs in career, I believe Sangakkara would have scored more runs then him if they played the same amount of matches.

Well we will find out how he performs in the Ashes which will be in Australia lol.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Well same can be said about Tendulkar then because he played a lot of matches and got the most runs in career, I believe Sangakkara would have scored more runs then him if they played the same amount of matches.

Well we will find out how he performs in the Ashes which will be in Australia lol.
Afridi and many others started their career at the age of 16 or less why couldn't they get those runs? Tendulkar was picked every time since he was consistent while the others weren't plus he has performed more than enough everywhere while the home bullies mentioned here are not even close.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Afridi and many others started their career at the age of 16 or less why couldn't they get those runs? Tendulkar was picked every time since he was consistent while the others weren't plus he has performed more than enough everywhere while the home bullies mentioned here are not even close.
Sanga certanly isn't a home bully.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
Agree but blaming the other just because he started early makes no sense either while predicting he'd have scored more or less.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Agree but blaming the other just because he started early makes no sense either while predicting he'd have scored more or less.
I don't think he was blaming. He was just saying if Sanga had played as many matches, he'd have as many runs.
I could be the shittiest bowler on earth, play a Test match every two weeks for 20 years while averaging 1 wicket per Test, and have 520 wickets. So it's better to judge on average, runs per innings, home and away record, match winning ability etc. than overall runs.

S

Satan666

Sachin wouldve played on plenty flat tracks at home. Lets face it his consistency had eluded him in his last three years, he couldnt even break into the top 10 batsmen rankings.

Snagakarra overall played on tougher pitches and thus way better than Sachin![DOUBLEPOST=1504976941][/DOUBLEPOST]

He meant Sachin played plenty matches for those runs, no idiot can gag those facts!

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Sanga was a great player in this generation. I would regard him a great in this era, his average was superb at home with 60, and away 53, amazing player, that man. He isn't exactly a home bully but made tons of runs overseas. Did some research and found out he averages 46 in Aus, Eng, NZ and SA, which is a very good record.[DOUBLEPOST=1504982201][/DOUBLEPOST]
To

To back up your point, Anderson again does the business at home with 7 'fer. If Windies win this it's going to be very exciting :)
Anderson is a home bully mostly. He bowled superb;y once in India but other than that quite average overseas but superb at home.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
I don't think he was blaming. He was just saying if Sanga had played as many matches, he'd have as many runs.
I could be the shittiest bowler on earth, play a Test match every two weeks for 20 years while averaging 1 wicket per Test, and have 520 wickets. So it's better to judge on average, runs per innings, home and away record, match winning ability etc. than overall runs.
Speaking of averages; Sachin Tendulkar averages 54.75 in Tests - Away. Better than his home record. While Sangakarra - 54.08

ODI - 48.11 Home, 43.05 Away. - Tendulkar

ODI - 40.72 - Home, 42.65 Away - Sanga

Tendulkar - Third highest average in wins in ODIs = 56.63, Sir Viv Richards stands second with 56.98 while Lara leads with an average of 61.82.

Don't forget the amount of more matches he played.

His averages would've been lot better if he had retired from Cricket bit earlier, they got worse.

You be the judge. :)

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Speaking of averages; Sachin Tendulkar averages 54.75 in Tests - Away. Better than his home record. While Sangakarra - 54.08

ODI - 48.11 Home, 43.05 Away. - Tendulkar

ODI - 40.72 - Home, 42.65 Away - Sanga

Tendulkar - Third highest average in wins in ODIs = 56.63, Sir Viv Richards stands second with 56.98 while Lara leads with an average of 61.82.

Don't forget the amount of more matches he played.

His averages would've been lot better if he had retired from Cricket bit earlier, they got worse.

You be the judge. :)
I was talking solely about Tests. If you want to judge a player using ODIs, David Warner would soon have to talked about as an all-time great.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
I don't know if many of you are aware of Godwin's law - which states the longer an internet conversation carries on the higher the chance of the comparison involving Hitler increase.

For this forum, I have adapted the law to form my very own, Ahmad's Law - the longer a cricket conversation carries on the higher the chance of the comparison with Sachin Tendulkar.

Users who are viewing this thread