Draft: T20 Leagues | Draft complete | Big Bash League vs Bangaldesh Premier League | Final posted

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
amit-mishra-dd-twitter-1522338899.jpg

:ind: :bwl: Amit Mishra
253 wickets @ 22.69 (econ: 7.18, 6 4WI, best 5/17) in 229 matches

A pretty easy selection really as India's best ever Twenty20 spinner. If that sounds like a bold claim then go and look at whichever spinner you're thinking of's stats, then come back and look at Mishra's. If there was accessible data for an IPL VARP then he'd probably fare quite well, but there isn't so he doesn't. What sometimes lets him down is his fielding, but we already have five outstanding fielders so we can afford to hide Mishra and Sehwag. Also, this means our number eleven has a first-class double hundred. Ah, Ranji.

upload_2020-6-21_23-12-24-png.233672
upload_2020-6-21_22-55-39-png.233661
upload_2020-6-21_23-2-11-png.233662
upload_2020-6-27_14-26-42-png.233731

upload_2020-6-29_10-58-36-png.233780
upload_2020-6-21_22-53-0-png.233659
upload_2020-6-21_22-54-48-png.233660
upload_2020-6-21_23-10-37-png.233667

upload_2020-6-21_23-10-39-png.233668
upload_2020-6-24_14-36-17-png.233714
upload_2020-6-21_23-10-40-png.233670
upload_2020-6-30_23-46-29.png

@qpeedore

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
A lot of people think of Bumrah when they think of good Indian fast bowlers (I so wish Srinath was around to play T20s). And, admittedly, the former might be the better bowler. But one must remember that before Bumrah came about, this guy was India's go-to T20 bowler. Even after Bumrah was around, he was still considered the senior man in the partnership. Together they made things difficult for batsmen, and he's still around to poke his head up for selection time and again.

I haven't seen his name on the list in the first post, and it's weird. Bhuvi Kumar (don't ask me to spell his entire first name please but you know who I'm referring to) was and still is one of the better IPL bowlers, and he'll be in my team of batting destroyers and bowling demolishers.

He's my Indian pick, and my last international pick. (EDIT: It's Bhuvneshwar...is it? Did I get it right?)

Qpee's Caribbean Calypso Cricketers (name currently under review)

1. :jam: Chris Gayle :ar:
2. :tat: Evin Lewis :bat:
3. :nz: Brendon McCullum :bat: :os:
4. :saf: JP Duminy :ar: :os:
8. :ind: Bhuvi Kumar :bwl: :os:
9. :pak: Mohammad Irfan :bwl: :os:
10. :tat: Samuel Badree :bwl:
11. :jam: Krishmar Santokie :bwl:

@Rabbit Hood

(EDIT) Oh, @Aislabie StatsGuru and the IPL site have their own stats for the IPL specifically. Won't that work for VARP?

Last edited:

Aislabie

Ireland
(EDIT) Oh, @Aislabie StatsGuru and the IPL site have their own stats for the IPL specifically. Won't that work for VARP?
Sadly not; there's no function that I've seen to produce aggregate stats for specific kinds of players, in matches that involve a specific player. It's a pretty niche functionality, and one that I'd probably be able to do with one of the major databases (in particular Andrew Samson's one) but I don't quite have that kind of disposable income. 'Tis the time for budgeting at present!

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
Downer...

But we still have cricket to talk about. And the support of everyone here. We're the PlanetCricket Community. Even if we live all over the world.

Let's talk about cricket! (Guys who have known my last story will recognise that sentence.)

Aislabie

Ireland
That's rough man, I hope things go back to normal for all of us soon
Downer...
Honestly it's fine - I just reached the end of my contract - I wasn't laid off, and while this isn't the best time to look for more work, my finances are in good order for as long as it takes for the economy to come back. I'll edit that post so that nobody else worries

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
A pretty easy selection really as India's best ever Twenty20 spinner.
There's no arguing he is the best Indian spinner in the IPL by a mile (probably the best spinner, given close competition by Imran Tahir and Sunil Narine). One more thing to note he has the most number of IPL hattricks. I still remember when I was a new cricket and IPL fan back in 2013 when he single handedly won the game for SRH vs PWI, by taking 4 wickets in the secind last over, cleaning the others, while Manish Pandey stared all this from the non-striker end.

He was perhaps hard done by when India started to switch to Kul-Cha combo. Him and Axar Patel as a pair, were quite effective in the Ind vs NZ 2016 ODI series. But they came in as a replacement while Ashwin Jadeja rested, they were never tested again after Ashwin and Jadeja’s tanking after the 2017 CT. Axar stuck around in the squads for quite some time, only to get injured in practice the same day as Chahal got injured in 2018 Asia Cup, because of which Jadeja was called for backup and not him, despite him being already in the squad. Talk about bad luck :p

Neptune

Panel of Selectors
Avengers
My next pick is Mitchell McCleneghan
Neptune's Super Smash Team
1. :nzf: :bat: Martin Guptill
2. :aus: :ar: Shane Watson :os:
3. :nzf: :bat: Kane Williamson
6. :aus: :bat: Michael Hussey :os:
7. :ind: :wkb: M S Dhoni :c::os:
8. :nzf: :ar: Mitch Santner
9. :nzf: :bwl: Mitchell McCleneghan
10. :aus::bwl: Shaun Tait :os:
11.[DOUBLEPOST=1593761553][/DOUBLEPOST]@ahmedleo414 to continue

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
My next pick is Mustafizur Rahman

post_image_ab3cd44.jpg

Stats|Matches|Wkts|BBM|:bwl: Ave|4w/5w
T20 |111|140|5/22|21.57|2/1
From cricinfo:

"Mustafizur Rahman is a left-arm pace bowler who came to Dhaka to try out for a fast-bowling camp in 2012, after he had impressed in an Under-17 tournament in Satkhira, some 300km from Dhaka. He got admitted to the BCB's pace foundation and soon caught the coaches' attention to make the Bangladesh Under-19 side for the 2014 World Cup.

He made his first-class debut for Khulna in the 2013-14 season and, after taking eight wickets in the U-19 World Cup in the UAE, he was surprisingly picked for Bangladesh A's tour of West Indies. Returning from that short trip, he was viewed as a better bowler and slowly picked up more variations. He initially lacked pace but built it up through the 2014-15 first-class season, when he took 26 wickets at an average of 19.08.

This was when Mustafizur started to develop the left-armer's offcutter, which was delivered as a spinner does but with the added ability of making it carry to the wicketkeeper standing back. The story of Anamul Haque's dare that got him to bowl the delivery will go into Bangladeshi cricket folklore, as will the early support he received from Mashrafe Mortaza, who spotted him randomly in the Mirpur nets.

Soon enough, the Bangladesh selectors picked Mustafizur for the one-off T20I against Pakistan and then, midway through 2015, for the ODI series against India when he became only the second bowler after Brian Vitori to take five-wicket hauls in his first two ODIs, paving the way for Bangladesh's first-ever ODI series win over India.

He was excellent in bilateral series against South Africa - which included a Test debut - and Zimbabwe, while also doing well in his first BPL campaign. Mustafizur's first foray on to the world stage was through the IPL auction, when he was picked Sunrisers Hyderabad in early 2016, followed by confirmation of a contract with Sussex for English domestic limited-overs cricket. He ensured none of his new paymasters doubted their call as he emerged as one of the best bowlers in the World T20, signing off with a five-wicket haul against New Zealand, bamboozling them with his variation of cutters."

ahmedleo414 BPL draft:
  1. :os: :ind: :bat: Rohit Sharma
  2. :local: :ban: :bat: Tamim Iqbal
  3. :local: :ban: :ar: Shakib Al Hasan :c:
  4. :local: :ban: :wkb: Mushfiqur Rahim
  5. :os: :pak: :ar: Shoaib Malik
  6. ?
  7. ?
  8. :os: :afg: :bwl: Rashid Khan
  9. ?
  10. :os: :sri: :bwl: Lasith Malinga
  11. :local: :ban: :bwl: Mustafizur Rahman
@CerealKiller you have the next pick

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Hadn't got the notification :)

Rabbit Hood's PSL XI:

1. :aus: :bat: Chris Lynn
2. :pak: :wkb: Kamran Akmal
3. :pak: :bat: Babar Azam
4. :ind: :bat: KL Rahul
6. :jam: :ar: Andre Russell
7. :pak: :ar: Imad Wasim
8. :pak: :ar: Shadab Khan
10. :eng: :bwl: Jofra Archer
Could you put your pick in bold? It's hard to find out who you picked just by looking at your post.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
With 1764 runs at an average of 46 and strike rate of 143, stats which put him in the top 10 BBL runs scorers, despite having played just 43 matches, D'Arcy Short is one of the breakout stars of the BBL, having emerged onto the international scene following his performances for the Hobart Hurricanes. He has experience playing in the middle order for Australia, which is where he'll slot in for this team. Although his bowling probably won't be required, he's a handy chinaman bowler.

CerealKiller’s BBL XI
1. :aus: :bat: Aaron Finch
2. :eng: :wkb: Tom Banton
4. :aus: :ar: Glenn Maxwell
5. :aus: :ar: D'Arcy Short
7. :tat: :ar: Sunil Narine
8. :aus: :bwl: Mitchell Starc
10. :aus: :bwl: Brad Hogg
11. :ind: :bwl: Jasprit Bumrah

@Akshay.

Users who are viewing this thread