2008 European Championships Qualifying

themuel1

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Fair enough, the boys didn't play well enough. But it was the manager who picked a keeper for a major game like that, who had next to no international experience. And while Crouch is making a habit of coming up with important goals, the fact is his presence encourages us to play the long ball too much and as you said, the guy cannot jump! I can probably jump higher than him and I ain't nearly 7ft tall (!)

I'm already dreading the sort of group we'll get in this week's World Cup draw. This is worse than 1993/94 for me, at least in that group we had Holland (who were immense at that time) and Norway (a damn tough team to beat)!

Taylor the Turnip, Sven the Swede, McLaren the Donut.

Who's next......

I'm sorry, a manager is blamed every time a team plays crap. It's wrong. The passion is not there. Who can blame players though. Make one mistake and your slaughtered for it.

Did you know that in Portugal, the onus is on developing technique until a player is 15!!! Only from there does the winning mentality come in. Same in Brazil. It's why we suck at nearly every sport. Winning is everything. We should be concentrating on how we play then on winning.

Mouriniho is a no. He's far too arogant and he will play Lampard.

Question - Was the Croatian anthem booed?

Last edited:

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Yes, some twats did boo it. Who had the last laugh though? The Croatian fans were the best throughout the night.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I've watched the England vs Croatia match and I was very happy that I watched it. It was really a tense and exciting match. Eventually Croatia succeeded to win and they didn't play like 'kick every ball out, that comes into the box', but they tried to play with ball possession. Hopefully we will see some more matches like this in Euro 2008.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
lol.. Euro is bad without England.. but we have to face it..

Go France.. as always ;)..

PhilD123

International Coach
Why wasn't Theo Walcott called up for this game? He's been great this season and he has pace to burn.
I agree on most things you've said in that post, but Walcott isn't ready yet. He's only played one Champions League game in his career, he's not a regular for Arsenal yet.

Yeah, I thought I heard the Croatian national anthem being booed, its a disgrace to be honest, you have to give some respect to the other side and there was none there. It probably spurred Croatia on actually.

Mourinho may be arrogant, but I think that with people on his side, they will love his arrogance, unlike when he had competition at Chelski. He also gets results. I'm not sure he'll come though anyway, and I hadn't thought about him playing Fat Frank!

This is nowhere near an excuse, as I think it affected both teams to the same amount, but why was a American Football game played at Wembley, 3 weeks before a crucial qualifier. You could still see the lines on the pitch and the general state of it was a disgrace.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The pitch was muddy and it got worse as the match went on as the rain drove down. The roof should have been closed! That is what it is for!

Watching England in the European Championships has always been a painful experience anyway. I can now enjoy the tournament without worrying about them! No flags on cars either!

themuel1

International Coach
The pitch was muddy and it got worse as the match went on as the rain drove down. The roof should have been closed! That is what it is for!

Watching England in the European Championships has always been a painful experience anyway. I can now enjoy the tournament without worrying about them! No flags on cars either!

Well, this happens when you let them play "American football" in our football stadium. Roof should have been closed yes but they were English conditions and every player should have dealt with them. Beckham, SWP and Joe Cole were the only ones who could control the ball.

Looking on the brightside it looked fun sliding about:D

FA called an emergency meeting. OH. Surprise Mcclaren was sacked. It makes me laugh that the FA backed him as the right man for the job which should imply that he's supported after this competition by them. But the FA are spineless neanderthals and consist of a bunch of fat people taking trips around the world doing sweet FA. Why not introduce Basic wage of ?400,000 and then give bonuses to the manager when he achieves set goals i.e. qualifying for a tournament.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Redknapp
Jol
Mourinho
Shearer
Keane
Allardyce
Jewell
Holloway
Newell
O'Neil

Anyone of those as replacement will do nicely.

Briggsey

International Coach
Redknapp
Jol
Mourinho
Shearer
Keane
Allardyce
Jewell
Holloway
Newell
O'Neil

Redknapp /
Jol x
Mourinho /
Shearer x
Keane x
Allardyce x
Jewell x
Holloway x
Newell x
O'Neil /

I can see them picking from a select list, O'Neil would be good, but the FA have already diminished his chances when they picked McClaren over him which was a joke in the first place!

O'Neil
Mourinho
Lippi
Capello

That should be the list the FA draws up and selects from. Jose will probably turn us down, but the other 3 would be interested and Capello has already said he wants it.

themuel1

International Coach
Redknapp
Jol
Mourinho
Shearer
Keane
Allardyce
Jewell
Holloway
Newell
O'Neil

Yes because shearer has all the expierience needed....(Can't find sarcastic smiley). Honestly that would be the most stupid decision the FA had ever made if Shearer was instated as England manager. I'd rather have Ian Wright besides.

Roy Keane. Only man for the job. He wouldn't take it though. O'Neil wouldn't be interested. In all honesty, who in their right mind would take the England job. If its a choice between a Premier League club and England, the Premier League would win most times.

Capello, Redknapp or Allardyce would be the most likely I think.

Last edited:

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
In my defence, that list is who I think would do a better job than McClaren and not necessarily who I want in charge.

Users who are viewing this thread