2008 European Championships Qualifying

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
A foreign manager would be the way to go I think, someone who doesn't support a club here and bias towards any players, Capello would be my choice.

I don't think it matters where the manager comes from, but he needs to be able to pick the right tactics (4-5-1 is NOT right) and more than anything else, needs to have the guts to make a decision or do something different, such as playing Lampard OR Gerrard. A perfect example was last night. Gerrard played like an idiot and Lampard was anonymous, and yet Barry was the one who was replaced. McClaren is gutless, we need someone with guts.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I don't think it matters where the manager comes from, but he needs to be able to pick the right tactics (4-5-1 is NOT right) and more than anything else, needs to have the guts to make a decision or do something different, such as playing Lampard OR Gerrard. A perfect example was last night. Gerrard played like an idiot and Lampard was anonymous, and yet Barry was the one who was replaced. McClaren is gutless, we need someone with guts.
Barry was equally useless though, although that could be said for virtually all the players on the pitch for the first half (and the second while I'm at it). I've getting pretty used to watching England for 45mins then finding something else to watch on another channel in disgust at half time, then flicking backwards and forwards. Last night it was an episode of Red Dwarf (that I have on DVD!). It'll be weird if we improve and I watch a whole 90mins!!

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
I think people need to realise that Steven Gerrard who plays for Liverpool and the Steven Gerrard who plays for England are two completely different players. There's only one England player who gives a toss about playing for England and that's the player I made on Pro Evo.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
I think your forgetting Becks, he always cares. Ok lately he hasn't been fit but I rekon he always tries his hardest.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Aye perhaps your right. However, I've lost all respect for Beckham as a player since he sold out and moved to LA for even more money that he doesn't need.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Ah but with him at LA it means Posh isn't in the country, that's a major plus point in my book!

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
I met Steve McLaren 3 years ago when the Boro team was in my hotel. How did I not see what was going to happen and take him out there and then :p?

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Rooney and Terry care, a lot of them do. The problem is that the players who are most important to us like Gerrard and Lampard that don't seem to care.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
I met Steve McLaren 3 years ago when the Boro team was in my hotel. How did I not see what was going to happen and take him out there and then :p?
Because you're a kid and he'd have just stomped on you or maybe done that comedy classic where he holds his hand out on your head while you swing punches wildly at thin air :p

themuel1

International Coach
Aye perhaps your right. However, I've lost all respect for Beckham as a player since he sold out and moved to LA for even more money that he doesn't need.

The money wasn't it I don't think. He genuinely thinks he can make a difference there. His training schools which are open to anyone show he cares about the actual game.

He went because he thought his career was nearing a close too....

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
Because you're a kid and he'd have just stomped on you or maybe done that comedy classic where he holds his hand out on your head while you swing punches wildly at thin air :p

Lol, I was probably taller than him even back then.

D

Deleted member 9102

Edit: Chris Gayle

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I feel sorry for Beckham, his time as an international player is running out, he cannot afford to be sitting on his hands during major tournaments like Euro 2008!

Last night has got to be one of the worst England 'performances' I've ever seen and McDonut's gamble to play a rookie keeper in a major game like that, one of the worst decisions ever!

Users who are viewing this thread